Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Garfield...my first

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks Cat, such beautiful work!

Oh, one thing I forgot to ask. Can I have one?
    Last edited by Howie; 07-08-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Absolutely amazing work. Thanks for the post and the continuing story of Cattersville.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Hadn't read this thread when I complimented you on your dollhouse in the ChitChat thread, but these are wonderful!

Thanks so much for sharing. I can't imagine the patience it must take to do such detailed work. It's very impressive. I'll bet it actually really helped keep your neurons firing and active, takes a lot of brain power to create this type of project, and the story behind each.

Beautiful!

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

A library might enjoy displaying them behind glass. But I imagine they're hard to transport?

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ralph new Canon Camera 015.jpgBrookwood done 008.jpg

OK. lets see if this works ... if so, this is the Brookwood Meeting House. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cat Dancer; 07-09-2017 at 06:12 AM.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Brookwood done 008.jpg And this is the front of the Brookwood.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Maggie Goodcat resized.jpgCat-with-tail-2.jpgnew dolls 005.jpg

These are close-ups of some of the dolls that inhabit my houses. The woman in yellow is Maggie GoodCat, the Mistress of the Garfield, and Matriarch of the town. The Man Cat is Brimble, her nephew, and Owner and Proprietor of Brimbles Public House -- the pub (or bar). The other two are Selena, and her younger sister, Cassie, from Scotland, who manage the Brookwood.

I take NO credit for the making of the dolls, other than giving the dollmaker my vision of what I wanted them to look like. I found the ceramic molds for the heads and paws, she casted the dolls heads and paws (porcelain), made the dolls bodies, dressed them. I have three more which I'll post later if I can find the pictures. These are the last of the dolls- - Gina Gagnon, the doll maker, unfortunately suffered a stroke, and while hospitalized, had all her dollmaking stuff (and a lot of other stuff) stolen from her house! She is now in an assisted living facility, no longer in the doll business. I am so sad! She was a friend, and of course doll maker. When I got well enough to start this hobby again, I tried to get in touch with her..to find the sad news I posted here. Tragic on so many levels.

I saw where a couple of you want the whole story of Catterville....I'll send that along to your private emails. :)

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Wonderful!! Loved these last pictures. It is a shame about the doll maker. In spite of all that has happened to you Cat, you were still blessed with creative talent. That is something I think almost all people admire.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

wow Cat,, you R so talented !,, you do good work !
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

((((((Cat)))))) ~

With your incredible doll houses and your clever story about Catterville, I wondered whether youíve ever considered putting it all together for public consumption. A book, with your doll houses and cats as illustrations? A website, where you tell the story in chapters, bringing readers back for more? Even a video of some kind?

Thatís all probably too much work, but I can definitely see many different creative alternatives to share your art with the world.

Iíve truly enjoyed your photos and story. Iíll bet many others would too!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast