Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: July 1, 2017

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BBS, so true. You did really well to get out just slightly early. You still did a lot.

I am wiped out this morning from all the heat yesterday, also the brain activity of having to choose upholstery material. So afraid of making a mistake. While furniture is gone I plan to try and get a handyman in to do some other things and then have carpets cleaned before furniture is returned to me. Does lots of heavy thinking bother anyone else? I slept very little last night, so I will spend most of the day in my recliner I am sure.
    Virginia, I would find choosing upholstery material especially hard in hot weather. It's not just the heavy thinking (having to choose among lots of options). In hot weather my color vision is impaired, and I think you must have been selecting colors as well as fabrics?

Having to imagine how one choice would look and find out how easy to clean it is, how comfortable it would be to sit on--those are the kinds of details that would clutter up my head to the point where I'd leave the place and later realize I'd completely forgotten to deal with one or another of them.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I slept until just after 5pm. I had nothing to do today, so a few bathroom breaks, and back to sleep easily, each time. I'll eat in a while, and try to feel normal, if that's possible.

Keep an eye on Agate, I think she's getting mean lately.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Rabies?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Very possibly!

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Virginia, if I'm affected by heat, my speed of processing is definitely impaired. I end up feeling very overwhelmed and confused and anxious.

Virginia, how's that rolling basket you bought working out?

Lol, funny, since I have been so remiss in exercising lately, the only thing that made me open up this thread was seeing Howie's name as the last contributor - I didn't think he exercised either so was wondering what was going on in here then.
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 07-15-2017 at 04:44 PM.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

I may not exercise, but look at the muscle on this arm! (he says making a muscle with his right arm)

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Suze, I had already chosen the material for the couch. I am going to have a white couch - always wanted one, and if I don't get it now I never will. Since the wing back chair and ottoman were already white I needed to change them to pick up some of the colors I use. The chair I sit in will remain the same. The wing back with ottoman was the hardest. Then I chose the material for dinning room chairs. They were not worn but dated looking. That was pretty easy - just needed to take a swatch of what I have my valances made of. I am now in the process of waiting for some of the material to come in that they needed to get from another store in another town. I am a little anxious until I see it all put together. Also, I have never used this upholsterer before. So keeping fingers crossed and hoping for best.

By the way, I found that my shopping cart doesn't work as well as I first thought. It works well, but the bag on it is too small. So I might get another one. At least if I do get another one I know more about what I am looking for.

Heat does have a detrimental effect on my thinking and how my eyes work. I bought a couple of watches of material home and kind of lived with it a few days, but was still having trouble between two.

About Howie's exercise - he did make a pasta dish one day!
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rabies?

ANN
    Too many snap diagnoses around here....

About those possums, I have a better outlook on possums if I think of Pogo but I have to admit I've never known one personally.

I'm sorry if I've been neglecting to post much here. In the last couple of days I've been scanning some photos (a total of 7) to send in an e-mail, and that kind of task demands my total concentration. It's been ages since I sent any photos by e-mail, and I've forgotten how to do it. I have a one-track mind that is also filled with other things I have to do just now. The week's pills and ironing were on the agenda today, and along came the bank statement. A package arrived, containing a new saucepan because I burned my old one beyond repair recently. So I was busy opening that and getting used to the new pan.

It has a glass lid. I have a skillet with a glass lid and I like it, actually. I thought I'd break it in no time at all but I've had it for several years now and no breakage. So now I have another.

This is the Keep Moving thread, and I've been wandering off into a whine about how busy I am but it doesn't sound as if I've been moving very many muscles.

I've been doing my usual routines involving a couple of exercise bands and a ball, and I try to walk around the parking lot daily.

I was standing around for a while in a neighbor's apartment and got into her bathtub a second time (with my shoes off) to see what the problem is with her shower. This is my neighbor who is in her 90s. She has balance problems, and they cut a door in her bathtub and she has a shower chair, but the setup doesn't work for her. This battle has been going on for 8 months now, and this woman hasn't been able to use her shower in all that time.

Best wishes to your mother, ANN, on her birthday. She sounds like a truly remarkable person.

Virginia, unlike you I've never wanted a white couch but not because I don't like the way it would look. It's just that I'm so lazy that the thought of keeping it clean would be enough to keep me from ever wanting one. I hope you'll enjoy yours.
    Last edited by agate; 07-15-2017 at 08:42 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Yes, Virginia, you are very brave to have white upholstery.

Agate, you are always thinking and doing. Does your new pan have any color? My mom has suddenly decided she likes red accents in her kitchen.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Ann, I just got on a red theme in my kitchen. A new red toaster oven, coffee maker, and salt and pepper shakers. I like the red in the kitchen, it's cheerful looking.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast