Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: July 1, 2017

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pedometer readings for June averaged 1238 steps/day (figured for 29 days). That's the lowest average I've had in over a year.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, for an average, I think it sounds real good. Some day maybe I will get another pedometer and try again.

BBS, I take all that back about you. If you are going to talk about funerals we need to start saying how bad you are!
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Nice job agate!

Ok, maybe I should say that I felt like I was peeking in on a paddle out ceremony. :)

Today DH drove me to the beach and wheeled me to the water while my crew helped out with the gear and the wheelchair. We were inducting a new member of the crew and since typically I do the induction, it was a not to be missed Day.

The forecast was for glassy barely rideable waves, and that's what it was. The water was so clear you could see every sand grain on the ocean floor. We spotted a manatee, Ray, and a pod of jack fish.

The ocean was refreshingly cool for July, @80-82. We go before the sun and air is too hot, wish I could still go st sunrise, but the wheelchair isn't available until about 7:45.

I stood up on a shin high wave first, and the second wave I stood up on was a knee high baby wave. That was my best ride since the attack began Mid May. I popped up well and got s little floaty drop on the wave and rode it to the left. It was fairly shallow, so the ride ended somewhat quickly, but that will hold me all day.

My crew is so helpful and encouraging, no way I could do this without help! And the BT crew is amazing too. Seems like we all got each other's back.

Am guessing I was on the ocean10 mins or so. But the whole adventure from driving down, inducting, rolling to the beach, being driven home and cleaning up the gear was close to 4 hours.

So far, no major problems. No life changing spasms. I threw everything at it this morning: Baclofen, an extra 2 mg Tizanidine, Marinol, CBD oil, Neurontin.

....Ambition.....

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

BBS, that is really great! Sounds like the water would be a little more to my liking today - not too rough. I am a wimp!

Glad you have the comradeship of good people doing what you like most. Also, DH is doing his part by getting you there and back. I am surprised with all that medication that you didn't just go to sleep.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

The ocean and stoke wakes you up! Until after when you snooze under the mental glow.

I swam an extra minute today 13 minutes, 346 yards. But it caused sig tightening in left shin as though might spasm. Took an extra 2 mg Tizanidine and 30mg CBD and it settled down in 45 minutes.

Lesson: take extra 2 tiz and CBD 1/2 hour before exercise.
    Last edited by BBS1951; 07-05-2017 at 06:20 AM.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Keep on fine-tuning this experience, BBS! You're finding ways that work for you, and if any of those ways stop working, you'll find other ways, I'm sure.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I swam 960 feet today which is 320 yards. About 10-12 minutes. My surf buddies are plotting to get me to the ocean and back on Sunday.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

That is so wonderful BBS! That is a lot of swimming. You are staying in good shape for the big waves you are going to tackle a little later on.

I went out to fabric store yesterday looking at material for a couch and wing back chair and also some for my dining room chairs. I got so tired I just felt like I was not thinking well. The lady did help with picking out things, and I have made no definite decisions yet. I was on my feet, mostly just standing and not walking for the time I was in there.

Then I went to the grocery store. I went to a different Harris Teeter than what I usually go to because it was kind of on my way. It is even bigger than the one I usually go to so I got in some walking. I would have like to go to another store, but that is the only place I can get my yogurt which is their store brand. I try to keep a lot of that on hand because I eat it almost every day for lunch.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

We are twins. I eat plain yogurt with fresh fruit each morning and have to special order fat free Stonyfield :)

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I eat yogurt every day for lunch too.

The berries I got at the farmer's market were a nice addition to the yogurt.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast