No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: July 1, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too! I keep a running list on a paper post it note, and then attach it to my phone with elastic band on shop days. Pretty old school. Most people use paperless technology to keep lists.

Comment

Good job on the pedometer agate.

Comment

I swam a half mile 33 minutes. So far, so good.

Comment

Thirty-three minutes is great, Bbs. Good job. I am tired just thinking of changing into suit and back out. Our week on the Cape is coming up, tho.

ANN
          Last edited by stillstANNding; 08-04-2017, 10:35 AM.
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

BBS, very good time.

Agate, that is lots of steps to average. Good for you.
            Virginia

Comment

[Bows in acknowledgment of so much thunderous applause] That pedometer average for July was 200 more steps per day on average than in June too.

I keep a running list on a paper post it note, and then attach it to my phone with elastic band on shop days. Pretty old school. Most people use paperless technology to keep lists.
              I tried and tried to put lists and appointments on the computer.The computer display was great but it was just too much trouble to go to it somehow. Or maybe it's a case of "you can't teach an old dog new tricks." I have trouble trusting computers not to conk out on me just when I need them. It's been known to happen.

A piece of paper with some writing on it is real. I don't have to rely on a lot of fancy technology for it (chips! megs! RAM! etc., etc.)

So I keep a supply of 5x8 scratch pads, and I carry one of those around with me all day. On the top page I have my daily calorie count and my to-do list scribbled. If the to-do list is long and tiresome, I enjoy crossing items off it as I get the jobs done.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

The trick I've been known to do is make a very complete list, then go to the store, and realize the list sitting on my desk. It hurt so bad, it's made me do my leave the house, lock the door, then check my pocket to make sure I BROUGHT the list. Then contently go to the store knowing I brought my list.

Agate, you are really Wonder Woman, aren't you? Come on, tell the truth, you are among friends here, we wouldn't tell anyone!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
                  The trick I've been known to do is make a very complete list, then go to the store, and realize the list sitting on my desk. It hurt so bad, it's made me do my leave the house, lock the door, then check my pocket to make sure I BROUGHT the list. Then contently go to the store knowing I brought my list.

Agate, you are really Wonder Woman, aren't you? Come on, tell the truth, you are among friends here, we wouldn't tell anyone!
                  No, I'm really not Wonder Woman! I've just been kicking around on this planet for a while and know how forgetful I can be. I sometimes check to make sure I still have my keys a few times while I'm out. If I've dropped them along the way, I'll have problems getting back into the building. I've dropped keys, sunglasses, and of course shopping lists and other important pieces of paper too many times.

I hate the sheer panic I feel when finding I'm missing something, as when I was in the wheelchair shopping in a supermarket a year or so ago, back when I did such things sometimes, and discovered that the little case containing all of my plastic, including ID card, wasn't there. I wandered around the store looking for it in all the aisles. I was about to notify someone that I'd lost it and start calling the bank card people to alert them.

Then it turned out to be lodged under the seat of the wheelchair, in between the seat and the back. Believe it or not, I'd checked those places out a couple of times--and yet I missed it.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

As long as you don't lose your mind, I think you'll be okay. It's never seemed to bother me.

That pasta I made yesterday was so good. The only difference was the Ragu sauce I used, but it made such a difference. I actually thought about getting me another plate full last night, but I didn't. You can't wear a thong, AND eat pasta twice a day.

I'm staying put until Monday at least. I start making my shopping list almost as soon as I get in from going to the store the first time. I always seem to forget something even with a list.

I had a nice long talk with my brother last night. My phone died which ended the call abruptly. But I plugged it in to charge, and will probably stay charging until his next call. My brother and sister are the only people I talk to. The same with emails.

Everyone have a great day!

SAM!!! I caught you, get off the phone you battery killing cat!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sam has been meowing over the phone to some cat friends? Probably talking about you. Could you hide the phone from her?

(Dumb question. Impossible.)

You mentioned a "mind." I think I had one of those once, sorta.

Comment

I think we are in the wrong "Keep on Moving Month" - oh well! I don't think we are very formal around here.

I am wondering what happened to BBS today. She was set to go surfing and her DH was going to drive her.
                        Virginia

Comment

Working...
                        X