Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I know nothing about them except what they are used for. Is the battery an internal thing, or accessible from the outside, like just under the skin?

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Happy Birthday, Virgina! I hope you had (have?) a lovely day!

===========
    One of our cats was killed by a raccoon. Jack was an outdoor cat, lived under our porch in Georgia... He was a sweet and loving cat..but never neutered, sprayed all over the inside of the house, drove our indoor cats crazy with his bad boy behavior, so we couldn't keep him in. But one night we heard the screeching and scrabbling...and Jack didn't show up the next day. TC crawled under the porch and found him....stomach sliced open.

Racoons will attack even if they don't have rabies...as with any wild animal, if they're cornered, or feel threatened, or if you get between them and their young. But it is a good idea to not try to pick them up, or if you (or your pet) does get bitten, take care to get to a doctor immediately for rabies shots, just in case.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Ann, wish Mom a Happy Birthday from us too! Like I said only nice people are born in mid July!

Cat, thanks for the Birthday Wishes!

Would you all believe - all week I have wanted rain and didn't get it. Tonight I am going out with family and it is right now raining and the wind is blowing. Oh well!
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Dancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy Birthday, Virgina! I hope you had (have?) a lovely day!

===========
    One of our cats was killed by a raccoon. Jack was an outdoor cat, lived under our porch in Georgia... He was a sweet and loving cat..but never neutered, sprayed all over the inside of the house, drove our indoor cats crazy with his bad boy behavior, so we couldn't keep him in. But one night we heard the screeching and scrabbling...and Jack didn't show up the next day. TC crawled under the porch and found him....stomach sliced open.

Racoons will attack even if they don't have rabies...as with any wild animal, if they're cornered, or feel threatened, or if you get between them and their young. But it is a good idea to not try to pick them up, or if you (or your pet) does get bitten, take care to get to a doctor immediately for rabies shots, just in case.
    How sad that must have been, Cat. I wouldn't think of trying to pick up a raccoon. Not these homegrown ones, which often look like bears, and I understand they're in the same family as bears.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

Hello everyone! I have a 50% chance or rain today which means they don't have a clue! There's a 50% chance I will go to the store tomorrow, but a 100% chance that if I do, I will get Sam some sliced turkey. Beat the odds, and have a great day today!

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I am truly wiped out today, but I am going to get hair colored and cut and then I am going to try and go to my meditation group tonight, so see you all later. Wouldn't you know hair day came one day after my surprise birthday celebration! Now, Howie I know you can relate to that.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

Hair day? Color? Cut? Not me. I pull it back in a ponytail each day, and I'm done. And color? Not me, I like my hair being white, it gives me that George Washington look!

Well, I made a list, then did my dump, bank, and store run. I was going to do it tomorrow, but making a list inspired me to go today. I did good with the money spent. I'll go back again about Thursday, and get what I need to finish the month.

It was 86 degrees out, but it didn't seem to bother me today. I think I'm getting tough hanging out with this gang of toughies.

Stay cool, and remember, Cats rule dogs drool!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-17-2017 at 11:13 AM.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And color? Not me, I like my hair being white, it gives me that George Washington look!
    You could think about a streak. I just saw a woman with long silvery gray hair, or maybe it was platinum blond--she was standing in bright sunlight--and she had streaks of turquoise blue in her hair. It might not be what George Washington had but I've seen guys with these streaks of color too.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

How about 3 streaks to stay with the G. Washington look, red, white, and blue, and I already have the white. Man, that would be cool!

I got two offers for help at the grocery store. I had to get out of the cart, and stand to reach Sam's sliced turkey. Then I had to use my "tardo hand" to grab the turkey, and it must have looked like I needed help because two offered it almost at the same time. I thanked them, and said I guess I do look like I need help, but thank you anyway.

The heat did make me "off" a little today. It was only 86, but my darn AC in the car takes forever to start cooling the car off. I should take it somewhere that can put in more whatever it's called now, but it used to be Freon.

Thank goodness the home AC works great.
    Last edited by Howie; 07-17-2017 at 01:41 PM.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

It's now 90, but feels like 97. Thunder storms coming, but not rain. Wheeeee......

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast