Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT July Chit Chat

Hello out there,,

what a crazy morning,, first I made a strawberry shortcake cake, which my granddaughter totally loves,., then a huge bowl of coleslaw,, next was 3 dozen cookies,,oh yes then we made breakfast sandwiches,, grandkids were here, so they helped.,, we have fireworks tonight,.,,

not much else ,,/waiting for Wednesday,, we have rains,, U 2 Cat ? I always send her Iowa weather,,lol

later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

:) I cannot believe the year is half over. Time is flying by. I am doing ok but tired a lot.

Poor Lacy just started having fleas. Andy bathed her twice and sprayed the yard, I guess the rains we had made them hatch. The 2 years I have had her she did not have any fleas. I picked about 20 off of her last night and Andy bathed her today and many went down the drain. She has made several spots almost raw scratching.

We sprayed the couch and carpet areas. Tomorrow he is coming again and he will bath her and then we will set off fumigators in the house and leave for awhile.

We are going to have a cookout at Jim's on the 4th. I am taking pies and a birthday cake for Andy as his birthday is the 5th. My ex is in town and will be there too. He has been a good father to the boys. Jeanie :)

Comment

Hello, hello, hello,
      is there anybody in there,
      just nod if you can hear me,
      is there anyone home?

Relax, relax, relax,
      I do believe it's working.....good
      that'll keep you going for the show,
      come on it's time to go
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I am in here Howie! Ready to party!!!

Peg, you say that is ALL that is going on around your place. Quite a lot it seems to me. By the way, did your injection give you a boost of energy? Do you feel really good? We are having cloudy weather with a little rain. I think you sent some of your weather east to us. Thanks for always remembering to start us off.

Jeanie, that is a shame that Lacy is having such a flea problem. With her allergy problems that cause her itching, you know she gets miserable. I know that you and Andy do all that you can for her. Glad you are going to be with the boys on the 4th.

The battery in my smoke alarm that is in with my regular alarm system was giving out. It was chirping and I could not get it to stop and then it started beeping - in addition to the chirping. I could stop the beeping for four hour periods and for overnight periods, but not the chirping. Was driving me nuts during the night. They sent someone out today to change the battery. When I told them I could not stand on a ladder and change the battery in a 9 foot ceiling alarm, they only charged $5.00 for the battery and nothing for the house call. Thought that was very nice of them. I have been a customer for quite a lot of years.
        Last edited by Virginia; 07-01-2017, 11:47 AM.
        Virginia

Comment

Peg, it sounds as if you're headed for a glorious Fourth there, with that strawberry shortcake.

Jeanie too--but with a cookout and a birthday party.

Virginia, I'm glad you were able to get your smoke alarm problem fixed. I once had a smoke alarm that wouldn't shut up, and it was back before I knew they were supposed to be like that. I figured I'd jolly well figure out how to change that battery and that meant getting the right 9V battery, which I didn't happen to have handy. The thing kept up that infernal chirping until I got the battery and put it in. I believe I buried it under a bunch of pillows for a while to shut it up.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Howie can quote Pink Floyd! I think I'll let him continue to be my friend.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Comfortably Numb. Love dat song

Comment

That was playing in my head when I woke up this morning, so what better post to start the month off.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I get to visit a farmer's market today and pick out some food. My son will take me to the nearest one. Usually I wait until the weather is sure to be cool but this year we arranged to pick a Sunday in summer and if it turned out to be too hot, we'd just postpone it till some other weekend.

As it happens, today it's not supposed to be over 75'.

It's a really good time for me because there will be no grocery delivery this coming week due to the July 4 holiday. The service I use gets 4 weeks off each year, and this is one of them.

I'd better get on with preparations so I can do this. I'll take the rollator. The surface is probably gravel but it can go over gravel, sort of.
                  Last edited by agate; 07-02-2017, 09:48 AM.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I'm just finishing my daily cup of coffee. I didn't get up until 4pm. See, that payday did it's magic on me and wore me out again. I'm not going to the store today, but I forgot my Ibuprofen and sleep med. I have enough to get me through one more day.

It's starting to get hot here, and not that the forecast is ever accurate, they are calling for it to be in the 90's next weekend. But we all know that even so, Howie will be sipping on his hot coffee.

Have a great evening everyone!

SAM, bring me more coffee, and no added cat hairs this time!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Agate, what did you get at the Farmer's Market?

ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                        Agate, what did you get at the Farmer's Market?

ANN
                        Two kinds of cherries, blackberries, blueberries, snap peas, a lot of green beans, a few new potatoes. This farmer's market wasn't offering many vegetables. And the prices were very high indeed.

I may get a chance to go back later in the season, when I think there will be more vegetables.

But the day was perfectly beautiful, sunny but not too warm. People were out in droves--dogs, kids, live musicians, swarming through that market.

Comment

Great Agate! I am so glad the weather was cooperative so you could be out and about a little. The fruit sounds wonderful, also the peas and green beans.

Howie, it was in the 90s here today. I am not sure exactly how high, but I think mid 90s. The humidity is really bad.

Not sure why, but I seem to be having a problem concentrating on reading. I want to read, but just can't seem to concentrate well right now.

I saw that rain was in the forecast for tomorrow.
                          Virginia

Comment

Anyone remember which thread CBD oil was discussed?

Edited to add: Never mind, I found the thread.
                            Last edited by Virginia; 07-02-2017, 05:03 PM.
                            Virginia

Comment

Virginia, it made it to 89 degrees here, close.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X