Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 312

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

  1. #51
    Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    How was your meal, Howie? If a "roll" is 70% lean ground beef, what is the other 30%?

    What's "vegetable sauce", is that like a kind of general jar of pasta sauce in the pasta sauce aisle?

    Glad you started the med, Peg! Wishing you the best on it and look forward to hearing your reports. I agree with Virginia, could be the steroids that made you feel ""wired-.

  2. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  3. #52
    Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The planet Earth
    Posts
    5,797

    Cool

    Q.How was your meal, Howie?

    A. REALLY good, I am stuffed!

    Q. If a "roll" is 70% lean ground beef, what is the other 30%?

    A. They say a guy lost a finger grinding the beef, so I guess that's the other 30% . I hope he wasn't wearing a ring.

    Q. What's "vegetable sauce", is that like a kind of general jar of pasta sauce in the pasta sauce aisle?

    A. Yes, Ragu.

    Roswell was a gift.

  4. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  5. #53
    Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The planet Earth
    Posts
    5,797

    Thumbs up

    RISE AND SHINE my shoes.

    I can't believe I didn't sleep again last night, after getting so full on pasta, but that's the way the meatball crumbles.

    Since I'm awake, I'm going FIRST to get gas...never mind Vicky, go back to sleep.
    I have my electric bill to mail off, then since I went to all the trouble to not sleep, I'm going to the store.

    When I get back, I plan to let the AC rip, and do some sleeping. I say that, but you never know what will get me going again.

    I had a nice LONG talk with my brother. He has everything going really well for himself. He's been making decals lately, and selling them like hotcakes on eBay. Cha-ching!

    Well, let me get my gas pumping pants on, and get started. Have a great day everyone!

    SAM, fill 'er up!!!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-08-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    Roswell was a gift.

  6. The following 7 users say "thanks"


  7. #54
    Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The planet Earth
    Posts
    5,797

    Cool

    I got everything done. Mailed off my electric bill, filled the car with gas, then came home and finished cleaning the kitchen until it shines. Even gave Sam her/my sliced turkey. Made a pot of fresh coffee which may make me sleep, my wires are crossed somewhere. Have a great day....slackers.
    Roswell was a gift.

  8. The following 7 users say "thanks"


  9. #55
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Red Sox Nation :D
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Congratulations on getting so much accomplidhed, Howie. I am glad that you talked to your brother.

    I thought you were doing on line banking w bill pay?
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

  10. The following 4 users say "thanks"


  11. #56
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central Wisconsin
    Posts
    774

    Default

    The 70% lean beef thing -- the ground beef is 70% lean...meaning the other 30% is what is usually in ground beef -- fat, bits of bone, bits of liver, water, all ground up with the beef. A ratio of 70% beef/30% "Other" is good -- makes for a nice moist burger, for example. A higher fat and water ratio leads to more shrinkage when you cook it, a lower ratio (Like, 100% ground beef, meaning no fat or other "fillers") leads to a dry cardboard end result.

    If the beef IS "filled" with things other than beef -- some way cheap cuts, not usually found in the markets these days-- is sold, the filler can be things like corn meal, wheat, other stuff like that. Including chopped off fingers from the butchers..
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

  12. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  13. #57
    Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,582
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    And I thought he never wore anything but a thong. He's talking about wearing gas-pumping pants.

    There are unsolved mysteries here.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

  14. The following 5 users say "thanks"


  15. #58
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central Wisconsin
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Howies recipe sounds actually good...except for the canned green beans. I don't like any canned vegetables. And I don't much like green beans unless they're fresh, and barely steamed. Otherwise.. The meal sounded good! Good for you, Howie...bet you thought you didn't remember how to cook, huh!
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

  16. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  17. #59
    Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The planet Earth
    Posts
    5,797

    Default

    After talking to my brother last night, I know what to do to get ALL my bills set up on the online banking. Bill time is over for this month, but by next month, everything will be set up so I pay all my bills without having to do anything. I'll like that!
    Roswell was a gift.

  18. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  19. #60
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central Wisconsin
    Posts
    774

    Default

    So, a general update, as I haven't done one for awhile (and aren't you all pleased!!!) I'm doing OK. I think I will never be able to stand again..don't have any real strength in my legs, anymore. Bummer. But I'm up and about, and TC is careful to do a butt watch every evening, when he helps me into bed. He has to help me dress (I can't stand long enough to pull on pants), and undress, and get into bed (we have a stand lift), but once I'm up and about....I'm up and about. I keep at the exercises, but theres not been any real progress...

    TC is doing OK. Goes monthly for a blood test, and two shots which are supposed to be building up his blood. They continue to be concerned that he has more iron in his blood than he should...but since the tests they run monthly really haven't changed much since they diagnosed him with this disease now two years ago, they're thinking that it actually might be something hereditary, something he's always had. They're talking about a genetics test...but what would that prove..except that it is hereditary?? Wouldn't cure him, wouldn't change the treatment. And at 76... Anyway, he's thinking about it. I don't know how much it would cost, and I doubt our insurance would cover it, but maybe.

    He does go on his camping trips..had one in May, will be gone again next week, and then again in October. I hire a woman to come twice a day to help me out of bed, back in to bed, and help with minor housekeeping -- more like reaching stuff off a shelf, or out of the pantry. She comes for one hour in the morning, one hour at night, so if there is time left after I'm up or down, she'll do those minor things.

    And I'm back to building dollhouses. Bought one off Craigslist for $25 and am "rehabbing" it .. fixing it up, repairing some broken parts, and now will start with decorating. Keeps me out of TC's way while he's doing stuff for his trips -- like, this morning, melting pine resin on the stove to use as "glue" to make arrows... Fun. Sticky. Smelly.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

  20. The following 7 users say "thanks"


Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OT July Chit Chat,
    By Pegakafarmgirl in forum Multiple Sclerosis
    Replies: 319
    Last Post: 07-30-2015, 07:52 PM
  2. OT July Chit Chat
    By Pegakafarmgirl in forum Multiple Sclerosis
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 11:26 AM
  3. OT July Chit Chat
    By Pegakafarmgirl in forum Multiple Sclerosis
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 08:50 AM
  4. Ot July Chit Chat II
    By Pegakafarmgirl in forum Multiple Sclerosis
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM
  5. OT July Chit Chat
    By Pegakafarmgirl in forum Multiple Sclerosis
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 06:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


BTC Inc's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

The material on this site is for information & support purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a licensed health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything that you find online.