Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wonder how this went for Peg--from the June Chitchat thread:

Howdy,,

just got word from the infusion center,, they called and said July 5th I get my medicine, and to expect to be there by 7 am, and probally be there 5 to 6 hours,,,, that's half the dose, I go back 2 weeks later and get the other half
    Hope you're doing OK there, Peg!

Good news about Tuffy, Cat! In fact, really great news since it sounds as if he's trying hard to get all his strength back.

Virginia, I can understand not wanting to bother with the book group either. Just getting through each day's necessary tasks seems to be a huge accomplishment, and often I don't want to add on any more "challenges." This is especially true in hot weather.

Maybe when cooler weather comes your way, you'll feel more like tackling the book group again.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Hi ,, yup,, had my infusion yesterday,, they gave me Benadral {sp},and solumedrol, 30 minutes before the med,,, the whole process took 5 hours, but this is just half a dose, the 19th I go get the other half, I see no change yet, except , I was wired, could not sleep, but this was only a half a dose,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hey Peg, good to see you've gotten started. That's a long time to sit, but I guess you take a book or something to help the time pass.

I used to give blood plasma. They take out your blood, give it a whirl on a centrifuge to separate the plasma, and put the blood back in. It took a while, and you couldn't stand too quickly after, or you might pass out.

I take Benadryl every night as my sleep med. So don't fall asleep or those darn doctors might do who knows what to you!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-07-2017 at 06:15 AM.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Glad to know you soldiered through that, Peg. Fingers crossed for it to be the right thing for you!

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, I am so hoping that this will turn out to be exactly what we all want for you, the very best. I bet it was the solumedrol that got you wired. Since it is something like Prednisone, I know that can sometime do that to people.

Cat, glad Tuffy has gained a couple of pounds. I hope TC is doing well also. You haven't had much to say about him lately. Does he have any more camping trips planned for this summer or early Fall?

Howie, have you got that food fixed yet? You might want to make a salad to go with it, if you plan to invite some of us to eat with you, and I am sure you do.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

Virginia, I was going to have coleslaw with it. I made a new batch yesterday. But I am in sleep mode today. I have a bill ready to mail, but have even talked myself out of that.

Part of the problem is I have to get gas first thing. My light is on. It's too hot to even think about going out now, but maybe EARLY tomorrow. Gas, then post office. I COULD hit the store, but have a VERY short list right now.

I think I need to nap on it, and see how I feel about it later.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Part of the problem is I have to get gas first thing.
    Maybe you should eat beans instead of coleslaw then!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Oh no. That car can't need gas. That car should be all fixed up for a good long time after being the cause of major disruptions in several people's lives--yours, your sister's, Sam's, not to mention the hordes of people on this board who've been losing sleep over that car.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Okay, give Vicky a hairclip to put on her nose because Howie has been cooking! I know I said I would do it tomorrow, but just felt up to it. I made a HUGE pot of Howie's pasta.

Penne pasta.
    I jar each of veggie sauce, and one flavored with meat.
    I "roll" of 70% lean ground beef.
    one can of Italian sliced green beans.

All made, and simmering with no heat for awhile, then will serve with grated parmesan, Sam's favorite. I only got one good burn, but no cuts or serious stuff.

I'll have it with buttered English wheat muffins, coleslaw, and soymilk. MAYBE chocolate ice cream later for dessert.

I'm drinking beer out of my coffee mug, something I never do, but I am soaked from being in that hot kitchen, so trying to replace some fluids. Then will take a bath shortly, and CHOW DOWN!

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Rose, thank you for your thoughtful and moving post.

Peg, I sure hope Ocrevus is tolerable and helps you. Likely the Solumedrol wired you?

And Cat, how wonderful that Tuffy rallied! Cats know when they're owners need them to rally :)

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast