No announcement yet.

OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Cat, PLEASE post pictures of the dollhouses. I really enjoyed seeing them.

I know it's a whole different thing, but I used to build models. Cars, planes, and even a few ships. It was fun, and made you focused on making it as real as possible.

My last was maybe 10+ years ago, and I physically couldn't do anything that requires dexterity. I miss doing that, but I can still appreciate the skill required to build those dollhouses.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd like to see the dollhouses too!

I've made a few model airplanes way back when but I'd never have the patience to tackle all of the careful gluing involved in making a real dollhouse though.

I'm wondering what TomCat does with the arrows he makes. And there are so many types of glues around that I also wonder why he has to melt pine resin but maybe it's so they'll be authentic, maybe for a re-enactment of some kind?
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thanks for your update Cat. I am glad TC is able to go camping. And especially glad you can build doll houses, which is an awesome skill and talent. Pictures would be fun if you're up to it.

That standing business...I understand that. My standing and walking days seem to be very quickly disappearing. You have a lot of grit to keep on pursuing your love of dollhouse making despite the betrayals of the body.

Whether we know it or not, I think we all derive inspiration from each other. We all know how hard it is to keeping on.

Comment

Cat, I am going to fourth or fifth that for pictures of the doll houses. Putting things together must be so satisfying. I did not make doll houses, but I use to make pocket books by gluing things on the outside of straw pocketbooks. I did some other things, but hands are now unable to control anything like that. I really miss that kind of thing.

Glad TC is still doing his camping bit. I am sure that is good for him. Also, if he has any hoarding stored up after last trip you might have a chance to get rid of some of it. Since he doesn't seem to mind or notice too much - probably as long as he is not there and doesn't see it being done.

Howie, very proud of you for cooking, cleaning the kitchen, doing errands and everything else you are doing. I am like Cat, I kind of like that recipe you had accept that I don't think I would care to put green beans into my pasta dish, but the rest sound real good. Maybe you can think of some more recipes. Do you think dear brother might have room in his business for a part-time helper making decals. Good way to make a little extra money.
          Virginia

Comment

Virginia, that's such a great idea about Howie helping his brother make decals! Maybe we could all hop on board and get ourselves a nifty little part-time job, paid on a piecework basis--so much per decal produced?

But I can't believe you're saying this:

Also, if he has any hoarding stored up after last trip you might have a chance to get rid of some of it. Since he doesn't seem to mind or notice too much - probably as long as he is not there and doesn't see it being done.
            This sounds almost like urging Cat Dancer on in subversive activity.... A person just never knows what these people with MS if left alone. The result just might be a surveillance system installed by Tom Cat to keep an eye on her at all times.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Here is the big announcement! I am making my next batch of pasta a little differently. NO green beans, switching to mushrooms and a few other changes.
              I was just experimenting with things to add, but will cross off green beans.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I see many of you sensibly stayed home today. I did not.

It's hot and humid but MIL needs an outing and groceries so we took her. We had a visit at her house, a stop at CVS, lunch at a restaurant and then Trader Joe's.

I had to come home after that as my eyes were doing the grocery-store-thing. I could not endure two more stores.

I'm glad to hear your report, Cat.

Howie, we saw a cream colored PT cruiser convertible! It was like new! Awesome.
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

The convertible is the only Cruiser you can get in a two-door model.

Virginia, I sent a storm your way...no charge.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, I got a little of the storm. I was on the phone with a friend that I had not heard from in a long time. We just kept talking. By the way, I agree with the mushrooms. In fact I probably would just add a jar of mushrooms after I had emptied the juice. I might just keep it to a small jar, but I do like the idea.

Ann, you are a very good DIL. I am sure it was appreciated that you went for as long as you could.
                    Virginia

Comment

I burned my finger this afternoon. I was ironing and was ready to stop and put the iron away. It was like I touched the iron and my finger just kind of stuck to it. I had the presence of mind to get ice in a bowl and put water over it. I kept it in ice water for nearly an hour. A blister still formed, so I got out Rose's standby Witch hazel. I poured some on a paper towel and wrapped it around my finger while I talked on the phone for an hour and a half. I do think it took the pain out. It might not if I had not soaked it in ice water.

Anyway, I am typing with it now, so I probably will survive. That and hearing from my friend were by big events for the day. And of course talking on here and seeing Cat's doll houses.
                      Virginia

Comment

A good reason not to iron!

Hope it heals quickly, Virginia! How nice to have a long conversation with an old friend. Did you find your voice going due to talking for so long? That's what I find happens now, I'm wondering if it's from a diaphragm nerve problem.

Cat your dollhouse is amazing! I'm sorry you feel you've hit a wall in terms of your recovery, you've certainly given it 110% imo, that's all any of us could do and you are a role model to me in perseverance. If only chocolate healed everything.

Thanks for the info on the beef. Howie, such a smart alec!
                        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Susie, sometime when I have not spoken to anyone in a couple of days, I find my voice just doesn't work right or sound right. As I talked more yesterday it seemed to get a little stronger.

Agate, do you take magnesium with the chewable calcium that you take? I am going to try and make it to the drug store this afternoon.
                          Virginia

Comment

How's your burn looking, Virginia?

Did you try your mushroom version, Howie?

How's Lacey doing, Jeanie, any better with the fleas?

How are you feeling, Peg?
                            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

The green bean batch may last the month. It's all I'm eating besides the coleslaw, and have barely put a dent in it. Next time when I make it with mushrooms, I'll do half as much at one time. But it is delicious even with green beans, to me anyway.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yowzser Virginia! Burns are the pits.

Comment

Working...
                                X