No announcement yet.

OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginia, I was going to have coleslaw with it. I made a new batch yesterday. But I am in sleep mode today. I have a bill ready to mail, but have even talked myself out of that.

Part of the problem is I have to get gas first thing. My light is on. It's too hot to even think about going out now, but maybe EARLY tomorrow. Gas, then post office. I COULD hit the store, but have a VERY short list right now.

I think I need to nap on it, and see how I feel about it later.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
      Part of the problem is I have to get gas first thing.
      Maybe you should eat beans instead of coleslaw then!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Oh no. That car can't need gas. That car should be all fixed up for a good long time after being the cause of major disruptions in several people's lives--yours, your sister's, Sam's, not to mention the hordes of people on this board who've been losing sleep over that car.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Okay, give Vicky a hairclip to put on her nose because Howie has been cooking! I know I said I would do it tomorrow, but just felt up to it. I made a HUGE pot of Howie's pasta.

Penne pasta.
          I jar each of veggie sauce, and one flavored with meat.
          I "roll" of 70% lean ground beef.
          one can of Italian sliced green beans.

All made, and simmering with no heat for awhile, then will serve with grated parmesan, Sam's favorite. I only got one good burn, but no cuts or serious stuff.

I'll have it with buttered English wheat muffins, coleslaw, and soymilk. MAYBE chocolate ice cream later for dessert.

I'm drinking beer out of my coffee mug, something I never do, but I am soaked from being in that hot kitchen, so trying to replace some fluids. Then will take a bath shortly, and CHOW DOWN!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Rose, thank you for your thoughtful and moving post.

Peg, I sure hope Ocrevus is tolerable and helps you. Likely the Solumedrol wired you?

And Cat, how wonderful that Tuffy rallied! Cats know when they're owners need them to rally :)

Comment

How was your meal, Howie? If a "roll" is 70% lean ground beef, what is the other 30%?

What's "vegetable sauce", is that like a kind of general jar of pasta sauce in the pasta sauce aisle?

Glad you started the med, Peg! Wishing you the best on it and look forward to hearing your reports. I agree with Virginia, could be the steroids that made you feel ""wired-.
              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Q.How was your meal, Howie?

A. REALLY good, I am stuffed!

Q. If a "roll" is 70% lean ground beef, what is the other 30%?

A. They say a guy lost a finger grinding the beef, so I guess that's the other 30% . I hope he wasn't wearing a ring.

Q. What's "vegetable sauce", is that like a kind of general jar of pasta sauce in the pasta sauce aisle?

A. Yes, Ragu.

Albert Einstein

Comment

RISE AND SHINE my shoes.

I can't believe I didn't sleep again last night, after getting so full on pasta, but that's the way the meatball crumbles.

Since I'm awake, I'm going FIRST to get gas...never mind Vicky, go back to sleep.
                  I have my electric bill to mail off, then since I went to all the trouble to not sleep, I'm going to the store.

When I get back, I plan to let the AC rip, and do some sleeping. I say that, but you never know what will get me going again.

I had a nice LONG talk with my brother. He has everything going really well for himself. He's been making decals lately, and selling them like hotcakes on eBay. Cha-ching!

Well, let me get my gas pumping pants on, and get started. Have a great day everyone!

SAM, fill 'er up!!!
                  Last edited by Howie; 07-08-2017, 02:46 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I got everything done. Mailed off my electric bill, filled the car with gas, then came home and finished cleaning the kitchen until it shines. Even gave Sam her/my sliced turkey. Made a pot of fresh coffee which may make me sleep, my wires are crossed somewhere. Have a great day....slackers.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations on getting so much accomplidhed, Howie. I am glad that you talked to your brother.

I thought you were doing on line banking w bill pay?
                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

The 70% lean beef thing -- the ground beef is 70% lean...meaning the other 30% is what is usually in ground beef -- fat, bits of bone, bits of liver, water, all ground up with the beef. A ratio of 70% beef/30% "Other" is good -- makes for a nice moist burger, for example. A higher fat and water ratio leads to more shrinkage when you cook it, a lower ratio (Like, 100% ground beef, meaning no fat or other "fillers") leads to a dry cardboard end result.

If the beef IS "filled" with things other than beef -- some way cheap cuts, not usually found in the markets these days-- is sold, the filler can be things like corn meal, wheat, other stuff like that. Including chopped off fingers from the butchers..
                        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

And I thought he never wore anything but a thong. He's talking about wearing gas-pumping pants.

There are unsolved mysteries here.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Howies recipe sounds actually good...except for the canned green beans. I don't like any canned vegetables. And I don't much like green beans unless they're fresh, and barely steamed. Otherwise.. The meal sounded good! Good for you, Howie...bet you thought you didn't remember how to cook, huh!
                            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

After talking to my brother last night, I know what to do to get ALL my bills set up on the online banking. Bill time is over for this month, but by next month, everything will be set up so I pay all my bills without having to do anything. I'll like that!

Albert Einstein

Comment

So, a general update, as I haven't done one for awhile (and aren't you all pleased!!!) I'm doing OK. I think I will never be able to stand again..don't have any real strength in my legs, anymore. Bummer. But I'm up and about, and TC is careful to do a butt watch every evening, when he helps me into bed. He has to help me dress (I can't stand long enough to pull on pants), and undress, and get into bed (we have a stand lift), but once I'm up and about....I'm up and about. I keep at the exercises, but theres not been any real progress...

TC is doing OK. Goes monthly for a blood test, and two shots which are supposed to be building up his blood. They continue to be concerned that he has more iron in his blood than he should...but since the tests they run monthly really haven't changed much since they diagnosed him with this disease now two years ago, they're thinking that it actually might be something hereditary, something he's always had. They're talking about a genetics test...but what would that prove..except that it is hereditary?? Wouldn't cure him, wouldn't change the treatment. And at 76... Anyway, he's thinking about it. I don't know how much it would cost, and I doubt our insurance would cover it, but maybe.

He does go on his camping trips..had one in May, will be gone again next week, and then again in October. I hire a woman to come twice a day to help me out of bed, back in to bed, and help with minor housekeeping -- more like reaching stuff off a shelf, or out of the pantry. She comes for one hour in the morning, one hour at night, so if there is time left after I'm up or down, she'll do those minor things.

And I'm back to building dollhouses. Bought one off Craigslist for $25 and am "rehabbing" it .. fixing it up, repairing some broken parts, and now will start with decorating. Keeps me out of TC's way while he's doing stuff for his trips -- like, this morning, melting pine resin on the stove to use as "glue" to make arrows... Fun. Sticky. Smelly.

Comment

Working...
                                X