Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222272829303132

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, I can't sweat anymore either. I haven't in years. What gives with that?

Agate you and Nuthatch have really bad temps. I always turn my A/C down at night because I like to sleep with blankets on me, so I keep the room cool. However, I did not do it last night. First time in a long time that I didn't. It was just cool. However, this is No. Carolina so that will change - unfortunately.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sweating is an autonomic nerve function. It is what cools our body -- you sweat, moisture rises to the surface of your skin, evaporates, causes cooling. When the sweating mechanism malfunctions (like many nerve functions with MS), you stop sweating. You can get overheated more quickly, dehydrated more quickly. I don't know many folks with MS (in the mid to late stages, certainly), who sweat. I can't abide weather much above 75 degrees F, or 50% humidity. So I live in air conditioning of one sort or another all years -- the air conditioner not only cools the air, but removes moisture. (Of course in winter the air conditioner is off, the furnace is on, the heat dries the air.) My summer thermostat setting in the house is for around 74 degrees, in winter about 68. I'd like it cooler, but TC likes it warmer, so we compromise....

If you don't sweat, you need to be aware of that...and be aware of chances you're overheating. Drink plenty of water if you're outside in the heat for any length of time. Try to get in the shade if you can -- shade can be as much as 20 degrees cooler than in the open sun.

Anyway, Mother Cat speaking, here.. :)
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222272829303132