OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    When I first read this my reaction was same as Ann's.
    Oh ye of little faith.

I use blue light in the bathroom. That way, it's not such a shock turning on the light when I have to pee in the middle of the night. I also have a white bulb when I need to see, but I keep it unscrewed just enough that a fraction of a turn, and it comes on.

"We are smart, we look for things, things to make us go."
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, if you wake up to read this, you might want to get some extra cover out for Sam. It is cold here, so probably pretty cool there!
      Virginia

Comment

Sam needs extra cover? Somehow I thought she had a fur coat.

Did she sell it, or something?
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

She was selling it, I bought it, and I just gave her my blanket. That fur coat really keeps me warm. It was a good buy!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

It sounds as if you're cold.

You could have this weather around here. The forecast for Thursday is now 108'.

108 degrees?
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

108??? That makes me dizzy just reading it. Stay cool and hydrated.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe stay disbelieving too. I'd prefer to think that the forecast is wrong.

Come to think of it, someone here mentioned a temperature of 110'--I think it was nuthatch?

Comment

I stay on the bed, opposite of the window AC, and sometimes I get so cold, I have to wear more than my thong just to not get chilled.

Albert Einstein

Comment

103 degrees here right now @ 3:47 in the afternoon. Triple digits forecast for tomorrow, then it is supposed to cool off some. I guess that's better than the 111 we hit a couple of weeks ago. At least we don't have that awful humidity. I run cold, so this heat doesn't bother me, but my husband runs hot and sweats a lot. I always hated sweating and can't sweat at all now. I sure don't miss it!

Comment

So it probably was you who spoke of 110'. In fact, you probably spoke of 111'!

It's great that you can tolerate it.

Not being able to sweat has definite advantages, but I'm pretty sure it isn't good for us not to be able to sweat at all.

Comment

Nuthatch, I can't sweat anymore either. I haven't in years. What gives with that?

Agate you and Nuthatch have really bad temps. I always turn my A/C down at night because I like to sleep with blankets on me, so I keep the room cool. However, I did not do it last night. First time in a long time that I didn't. It was just cool. However, this is No. Carolina so that will change - unfortunately.
                        Virginia

Comment

Sweating is an autonomic nerve function. It is what cools our body -- you sweat, moisture rises to the surface of your skin, evaporates, causes cooling. When the sweating mechanism malfunctions (like many nerve functions with MS), you stop sweating. You can get overheated more quickly, dehydrated more quickly. I don't know many folks with MS (in the mid to late stages, certainly), who sweat. I can't abide weather much above 75 degrees F, or 50% humidity. So I live in air conditioning of one sort or another all years -- the air conditioner not only cools the air, but removes moisture. (Of course in winter the air conditioner is off, the furnace is on, the heat dries the air.) My summer thermostat setting in the house is for around 74 degrees, in winter about 68. I'd like it cooler, but TC likes it warmer, so we compromise....

If you don't sweat, you need to be aware of that...and be aware of chances you're overheating. Drink plenty of water if you're outside in the heat for any length of time. Try to get in the shade if you can -- shade can be as much as 20 degrees cooler than in the open sun.

Anyway, Mother Cat speaking, here.. :)
                          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Working...
                          X