• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you sweet Jeanie!
    Virginia

Comment

Happy Birthday Virginia!!!

My brother's birthday was on the 14th, and I actually got a card to him in time.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hope your day is wonderful!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Happy last day of being however young you are, Virginia!

I hope tomorrow is cool for you.

Love & chocolate,
          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Oh, geez. If I saw a possum anywhere near me, I'd likely faint.

That animal has a face only a mother could love.

Happy birthday, Virginia! Hope your birthday is lovely and cool! Any plans?
            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Thanks Howie and as far as your brother is concerned - only good people are born in mid July!

Vicky, thanks for the delicious cake. I was wanting some desert before bed.

Ann and Suze, thanks for the wishes. I too wish for cool weather, but alas the weather report is, as of tonight, not cooperating.

Suze, I agree about how ugly possums are. That one on my deck had the biggest backside I have ever seen. Scared me to death and I was glad I had a friend with me. I hope you did read the post about Howie's sister raising possums. She really must be kin to Howie for sure.
              Virginia

Comment

And that reminds me, I need to write her and ask her to send a picture so I can post it here.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm flying to PA tomorrow. Mom's 92nd birthday is this week.

ANN

Comment

92? Well bless her heart.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Exactly, Howie, bless her heart! She is getting a new pacemaker battery in October.

ANN

Comment

I know nothing about them except what they are used for. Is the battery an internal thing, or accessible from the outside, like just under the skin?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Birthday, Virgina! I hope you had (have?) a lovely day!

===========
                          One of our cats was killed by a raccoon. Jack was an outdoor cat, lived under our porch in Georgia... He was a sweet and loving cat..but never neutered, sprayed all over the inside of the house, drove our indoor cats crazy with his bad boy behavior, so we couldn't keep him in. But one night we heard the screeching and scrabbling...and Jack didn't show up the next day. TC crawled under the porch and found him....stomach sliced open.

Racoons will attack even if they don't have rabies...as with any wild animal, if they're cornered, or feel threatened, or if you get between them and their young. But it is a good idea to not try to pick them up, or if you (or your pet) does get bitten, take care to get to a doctor immediately for rabies shots, just in case.
                          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Ann, wish Mom a Happy Birthday from us too! Like I said only nice people are born in mid July!

Cat, thanks for the Birthday Wishes!

Would you all believe - all week I have wanted rain and didn't get it. Tonight I am going out with family and it is right now raining and the wind is blowing. Oh well!
                            Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Dancer View Post
                              Happy Birthday, Virgina! I hope you had (have?) a lovely day!

===========
                              One of our cats was killed by a raccoon. Jack was an outdoor cat, lived under our porch in Georgia... He was a sweet and loving cat..but never neutered, sprayed all over the inside of the house, drove our indoor cats crazy with his bad boy behavior, so we couldn't keep him in. But one night we heard the screeching and scrabbling...and Jack didn't show up the next day. TC crawled under the porch and found him....stomach sliced open.

Racoons will attack even if they don't have rabies...as with any wild animal, if they're cornered, or feel threatened, or if you get between them and their young. But it is a good idea to not try to pick them up, or if you (or your pet) does get bitten, take care to get to a doctor immediately for rabies shots, just in case.
                              How sad that must have been, Cat. I wouldn't think of trying to pick up a raccoon. Not these homegrown ones, which often look like bears, and I understand they're in the same family as bears.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hello everyone! I have a 50% chance or rain today which means they don't have a clue! There's a 50% chance I will go to the store tomorrow, but a 100% chance that if I do, I will get Sam some sliced turkey. Beat the odds, and have a great day today!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X