Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: OT June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Well, it's Friday, and like every time I have something important to do the next day, I can't sleep. But I can't blame it on coffee, although I'm getting ready to go and make a pot.

I got the strongest Folgers Coffee the other day. I like it, and the container is red like my new kitchen stuff I got from Amazon. There's more I want, but not this month, I need my car, and besides signing a paper at the place that's fixing it, I may have to pay $500. My car insurance has a $500 deductible, and I may have to pay it today, then the insurance pays the rest.

I think when the insurance expires this time, I'm going to go with someone else, maybe Progressive. And get just the kind that covers the other guy. I've paid full coverage for 11 years, and I didn't even get a loaner car. It REALLY ticked me off.

I'm watching Sea Hunt. I have the whole collection on DVD, yet I will watch it on TV. I would have loved to make a living doing that. I love the water. And I love aircraft too, but have never done that. What a boring life!

I didn't give Seven any Tramadol today. I'm going to get some tuna and canned cat food, and see if I can make taking medication a little easier on both of us.

Well, coffee time. Only sugar today, I don't even have milk to add to it, much less my French Vanilla creamer. It will be nice to go shopping today, and restock.

Have a great day my favorite group of people!
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

May the force be with you, Howie!
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Tales of the cell phone: So, my old cell phone was probably burned up in the trash. It certainly isn't anywhere that I've been able to locate. So we went to US Cellular in the next town over (about 45 minutes away), to talk to the folks there about what to do.

And I was very pleasantly surprised. After trying to deal with the US Cellular folks in our tiny town..who were always eager to sell us the most expensive high-end computer phone with fancy buttons, even fancier options, I was nervous.

Instead, the very nice woman showed us the low-end flip-phones very similar to the one I had that turned into a pile of rubble. There was absolutely no pressure to buy a more expensive model. Then she asked what plan we were on ... one that cost us $40/month for unlimited calling (but not much other fancy stuff) . and said something like "..actually that plan isn't available at that price anymore.." (at which time I was gearing myself up for some huge increase in price) and she continued.." that plan is now $25 a month....I can switch both of you over to it, if you want...." (To which I mentally said, "no, lady, we like to be ripped off....we'll keep it at $40 and further enrich the cellphone company), but instead I said, "Oh wow, of course!! Thank you very much!!". And so she did. And then spent 20 minutes on the phone with "headquarters" making sure we got credit for June's payment (already billed to our credit card), and properly rebilled for the $25. Then another 20 minutes with the new phone, installing a fully charged battery, making sure I knew how to use it, making sure the number was transferred from the old phone to the new, making sure all was working properly.

And did it respectfully, without condesention, without making me feel like the old fogy I am. So almost an hour of her time, for a very low-end sale, but sent away two happy customers. We're not thrilled with the US Cellular range -- sometimes TC can't reach me when he's at camp, for example..but really pleased with the customer service.

So we took the money we "saved" and went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch (actually went there to celebrate our anniversary -- thanks for all your good wishes)..but did marvel at her help.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Good news on all fronts. Glad you had a good experience.

For future reference for anyone reading this thread, I use Consumer Cellular. I have the same experience you describe.
    I have a flip phone which has limited abilities. I could have chosen a smart phone but I love my flip phone! Plans start as cheap as $10.00 a month. I recently added texting for just a few situations but it has been useful in emergencies.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) When Jamie's Mother was here I put 80 miles on the van taking her to return her FL tag and to three phone companies to get her iPhone her DIL gave her switched over from her flip phone. We wound up having to go back there as it would not work. A nice young lady helped her this time and she has it working. I sat in the van with the AC on for over an hour each time.

I slept until 11 today. Andy came and gave Lacy a bath and brought me coffee and a donut. I will get dressed and later go to the mechanic and grocery shop. Also my RX's are ready to pick up. Jeanie :)

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Cat, it might be good to write corporate or local store commending the gal on her patience and helpfulness and respectfulness? Or even write a positive review on yelp?
    Last edited by BBS1951; 06-02-2017 at 09:55 AM.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

s
    Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cat, it might be good to write corporate or local store commending the gal on her patience and helpfulness and respectfulness? Or even write a positive review on yelp?
    Yes, good idea. I'll do that! :)
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Smile

The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Who taught you that Dr. Spock?

Nice story about the phone Cat. Not too many going around these days.

Howie, hope by now you have signed for car to be fixed, grocery shopped and taken care of todays to do list.
    Virginia

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, how did things go w your car?

Cat, it sounds like you got a great deal on your phones. All's well that ends well. And belated Happy Anniversary.

Laz, happy anniversary to you, too. Tomorrow is your hard day.

I just came home from taking MIL to her PMD w Peter. Then grocery shopping and dinner at a good Chinese restaurant. I came home after that as MIL wants to go to two more grocery stores!

Tomorrow Peter is going to Worcester, MA for state democrats convention. He hopes to get out early.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast