Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: May 2017

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Default Keep on Moving Club: May 2017

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can egg each other on.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I went for a swim in pool today. Resting now.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tallied up the pedometer readings for April and averaged them. I averaged 1308 steps in April with totals for each of the 30 days. That's not as good as March (1419) but now that I know this bad news, I may be inspired to try harder this month.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

My new pedometer arrived yesterday and it seems to work!

It's a 3D FitBud, very small, and it can be carried in a pocket or worn around the neck, a great improvement over the other one, which had to be clipped onto a waistband.

So far today it says I've taken 1807 steps.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Yesterday I worked transplanting basil plants. While I worked I stretched this way and that. Good day's work. Today I am having a dead day. Barely moving.

It may not be moving but I did exercise my brain this morning to write a thank you note.. one of my longtime customers came to market last Saturday with a compilation of many writings about dogs! It really showed tremendous effort and appreciation of dogs. I wrote a letter commenting on his effort and admiring the final book he created. What I wrote came out well. My brain got a workout.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yesterday I worked transplanting basil plants. While I worked I stretched this way and that. Good day's work. Today I am having a dead day. Barely moving.

It may not be moving but I did exercise my brain this morning to write a thank you note.. one of my longtime customers came to market last Saturday with a compilation of many writings about dogs! It really showed tremendous effort and appreciation of dogs. I wrote a letter commenting on his effort and admiring the final book he created. What I wrote came out well. My brain got a workout.
    I enjoy all of your ur gardening adventures! I do some limited container gardening. I also do very limited weeding around hedge. I lay a tarp on the ground. I lie down on my side or stomach and weed for five minutes. Then I pull myself up by s step stool in order to get to the feet. I used to love weeding: so zen, and so outdoorsy!

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Today I saw the neuro, so I did not exercise. Driving a car seems to really stress out the leg muscles!

The plan is to surf in the morning if the waves hold.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

The shoes are absolutely great! They're lighter weight than my old ones, as I'd really hoped they would be, and the toe area is made of Lycra.

I thought the Lycra would look like fabric but it doesn't.

Here I am posting images and I'm afraid others, like Cat Dancer, aren't seeing them for some reason. I hope anyone unable to see an image will be sure to let me know.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Showed up Friday for surfing. It was lightning, so that was a bust, sure was pretty though....yesterday we tried again. It was freezing cold and windy, and there were no waves, so I just paddled around for 5 minutes to get salty.

Today was much better, it was very cold, for Florida, but sunny and no wind. The forecast was for "flat", no rideable waves. But for a while there were indeed waves, about knee high, semi clean.i caught one nice wave. Here I am 7 hours later and just recovered. It was worth it.

I ran into my beach friend with MS. She was marveling how great I look and vice versa. We both laughed and said how we can say it to each other, but when someone else says it to us, its mixed feelings.

Why do you think that so many of us don't like it when people say, "But you look great"?

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Showed up Friday for surfing. It was lightning, so that was a bust, sure was pretty though....yesterday we tried again. It was freezing cold and windy, and there were no waves, so I just paddled around for 5 minutes to get salty.

Today was much better, it was very cold, for Florida, but sunny and no wind. The forecast was for "flat", no rideable waves. But for a while there were indeed waves, about knee high, semi clean.i caught one nice wave. Here I am 7 hours later and just recovered. It was worth it.

I ran into my beach friend with MS. She was marveling how great I look and vice versa. We both laughed and said how we can say it to each other, but when someone else says it to us, its mixed feelings.

Why do you think that so many of us don't like it when people say, "But you look great"?
    I was visiting with an old friend who said that very thing to me. I looked so well. Because he was a real friend I immediately told him that MSers like me really find that comment annoying.

Then I asked him why it was annoying. Without hesitation he said that I was annoyed because it diminished the serious nature of MS. I knew right away that he had the right answer. It is the unspoken assumption that we find disturbing.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast