Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: May 2017

Distinguished Community Member

My moving today consisted of going to the pharmacy, then to Dentist, then to grocery store, then to another grocery store, then home to unload and put away groceries. Then back to Panera to get soup and sandwich so I didn't have to cook the groceries.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

My moving for the day was going to a spa that recently opened to see what kind of shampoo and conditioner they carried. Then on to get nails done, then popped into Panera and got a small greek salad to bring home, then to cleaners, then to Brueggers to pick up a veggie cream cheese bagel and finally home. This was in heat so give me extra points for that!
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Today was laundry and other things for Mom. Tonight was packing. Tomorrow is luggage and airport walking, unpacking. Looking forward to seeing our cats.

Virginia, do you want points or chocolate?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Oh, I get a choice! In that case I'll take the chocolate. Could I have expensive chocolate please - no grocery store stuff. I get that all the time.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

It was TV day for me. My big Curtis Mathis gave up the ghost last night. It still had a great picture, but no sound. So today, I hooked up a Sony I've had from my brother for a long time.

Today, after talking to my brother as we do most Friday's, I heard how simple it would be to hook up to my antennas. It worked just like he said, very simple.

Now I have to move the old TV out of here, and it's going to be difficult. It weighs 200lbs. If I tried to pick it up, folks would hear my back explode all the way to California!

But I have a plan, it will be out of this room, and replaced with the other. If it doesn't work, please come and visit me in the hospital.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, do you have a crawler like mechanics use to go under cars? Would that work?

Virginia, I don't think I've had any chocolate that could not be purchased at a good grocer like Whole Foods. Is that OK?
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nothing but the very best chocolate for Virginia! I don't know how she did all of that in the heat but she did it.

Or she says she did....
    There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
    --Jane Austen, Emma

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was TV day for me. My big Curtis Mathis gave up the ghost last night. It still had a great picture, but no sound. So today, I hooked up a Sony I've had from my brother for a long time.

Today, after talking to my brother as we do most Friday's, I heard how simple it would be to hook up to my antennas. It worked just like he said, very simple.

Now I have to move the old TV out of here, and it's going to be difficult. It weighs 200lbs. If I tried to pick it up, folks would hear my back explode all the way to California!

But I have a plan, it will be out of this room, and replaced with the other. If it doesn't work, please come and visit me in the hospital.
    Hope you're not under that TV somewhere, Howie. Sliding something like that from one surface to another until I get it where I want it is what works for me but I have to be feeling up to that effort.

I mentioned in another post how I walked outside yesterday for 20 minutes. I should have also mentioned that later in the day I moved 4 coleus plants out to the patio by transplanting them into one bigger pot. This involved hauling a large carton full of bags of dirt, scooping out quite a lot of dirt and mixing it with water, and then fiddling with the plants so they're in the right place without any air holes. There was quite a bit of cleanup of the pots and the drainage stuff (bits of screen, stones, pieces of broken pots). Then everything had to be put away.

This is a task I could have done a week ago but just hadn't got to it. Now with luck they'll succeed on their own out there in the fresh air.

The air here actually is fresh even though this is a big city. I'm so far out that I'm almost in a suburb, and this place stays a lot cleaner than some city places I've known.
    There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
    --Jane Austen, Emma

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That's a lot of activity Agate.

My activity every day this past week is limited with these leg problems. The more I do, the worse they feel. First two hours of the day are the best. That's when I water the container garden and transplant as needed. Nothing as vigorous as agate though.

It is so difficult to be in this attack,

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ann, a crawler would have been a good idea, but alas, I don't have one. Instead, I put the TV on a towel, and just pulled it by the towel, and it slid right along.

The whole room looks so much bigger without that monster. I'm not sure anyone makes them like that any more, everything is flat-screen these days. And I'll be getting a newer, bigger one from my brother.

He took the plunge, and got a huge, 4K flat-screen. It does everything but pull your teeth.

I've been taking "naps" I call my "down time". On the bed, under my nappy blanket, lights off. I don't sleep, but it still feels good, and sort of reenergizes me. OH, and this room has no windows. So even in the brightest day, when I turn off the lights, it gets DARK.

When I had siding put on the place, I had them just cover the windows in this room. Then curtains over the windows which had been painted over from inside. With the curtains always closed, you wouldn't notice you can't pull them back and see out.

Well, I just ate, and having Tootsie Roll Minis for dessert. Mmmmmmm.........

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast