.OT May Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.OT May Chit Chat

Hows things going in your world ? Its going here,, the snowstorm never happened, just heavy rain all day long,,and cold temps,, my tomato plants were toast,,:-(

Not Much else,, we shoed the horses Saturday,, {we do our own shoeing},,Nora, got to help,, she loved it !!!

Tuesday I get my monthly infusion,, the 13th we have the meeting,,and we got graduations to go too,,just busy..

well better go,, later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Good to know that any horses there won't have to go barefoot, Peg! But it's not so good if you lost tomato plants.

Busy around here too with the usual--paying bills, doing laundry, making up a grocery list, changing bed linens, and probably a few phone calls about 3 problems the wheelchair developed over the weekend.

It's May, and probably there won't be any more snow for a while, and it might not even get too hot for a while. You have to love spring and fall.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hi Peg and Agate. Another month is upon us. I'm just getting up...well waking up, I'm still in bed. I love laptops.

I'm just waiting to get paid. That's at the top of the news from here.

I had a long visit from Seven last night. I hardly see her these days, but she came back here and let me lift her up on the bed, and we had a big love session. We both really enjoyed it.

And right now, both want me to get out of bed, and get them their turkey. And since their word is my command, I must go.

Have a great day, and month everyone.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry to hear about the tomato plants.

I have taken up container gardening on the porch, which I can do standing or sitting. They all look great so far, especially the herbs.

As an experiment, I germinated seeds from an old cherry tomato, and from a fresh bell pepper. They look good so far. I am trying the beans from inside my green beans from yesterday.

I had to do more paperwork and phoning to close my business. It's a good reminder of why I can't work. The miniscule amount of thinking and organization necessary was more than the brain could manage.

Comment

I did call CVS, and dropped the Lyrica. Unless I start hurting terribly, I will wait until my next appointment to try something else. I'm also getting my Tramadol and other meds Wednesday. Today has been the best pain day in quite a while.

I just ate, and have my flavored oatmeal and English wheat muffins to eat tomorrow. I just might make it to payday after all! I owe nothing, and that's exactly how much I have.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, so glad you are trying to hold off on the Lyrica and get another drug. I think it is a wise move.

Thanks Peg for getting us started. Sorry about your tomato plants. If I had to take a choice I would rather have ruined tomato plants than 8inches of snow for Mayday. You are a busy bee as usual.

Agate, you are busy too. Doing housekeeping and all kinds of things. Sorry about the wheelchair problems. Hope they can be easily fixed.

BBS, my deck is so hot I cannot try container planting, but I probably would not anyway. Just thinking of getting containers and then refilling with dirt later and trying to find a place to keep everything. Well, actually the just thinking is wearing me out right now.

I went to get hair color and cut today. Stopped by drive thru at bank and then went to drug store. For some reason I was totally wiped out tonight. The air was heavy all day and the dew point very high. It rained tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be better weather wise. I hope so, my legs were like lead.
            Virginia

Comment

Virginia, I believe the climate where you are must be like Washington, DC, and Maryland and Georgia? (Those are the states I've been in in that area.) The heat of the warmer months is so oppressive, what with the humidity, that I don't know how people stand living there. I believe I'd spend every minute of the summer months right in front of an air conditioner. And the summers are long.

You've probably developed ways of coping with that heat or avoiding it--?
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Virginia, an elevated dew point absolutely slays me.
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Yes, high humidity wipes me out, too. Even in cooler weather. The southern humidity and heat were two reasons why we left the south and moved back to Wisconsin. It does get humid here...but only for a few days at a time, then drier weather moves in. Off to the hospital this morning for a catheter change (takes about 20 minutes)...then maybe I can talk TC into a lunch out...
                  ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

I grew up in Kentucky, where the humidity reaches extremes at times. I can tolerate it better than many Northerners but it still wipes me out in the middle of summer. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Cat you totally deserve lunch out for going through that. And a chocolate dessert with it.

Everything in Florida is air-conditioned. That makes summer more tolerable. I do most of my container gardening just after sunrise or just before sunset when there is no sun on my porch. Otherwise it is too hot. Only a few of my containers are large. Most of them are small and easy to maneuver on the porch. They weigh less than a pound with the soil in it. I just keep a big bag of potting soil on the porch at all times.

At this point almost all of my plants are just seedlings that I started from seed. Eventually, I will put them in big pots, and only the very healthiest of each breed. So, I will end up with a large container for tomatoes, a large container for green beans, a large container for bell peppers, and many small containers for marigolds. My herbs were already in somewhat large containers.

Comment

I saw my neurologist today for a check up. He is going to tweak my baclofen and tweak the Marinol dosing to see if we can't get the muscle spasms under better control.

I had read a book called when breath becomes air. It is about a neurosurgeon who is dying at age 36 from lung cancer. He talks beautifully about his approach to patients. He tries to figure out what is most important to them so he can tailor the treatment to their lives. I realized I had not done that with my doctor.

So, today, I told him that it did not matter to me if I could not remember anything or think complicated thoughts anymore. I told him what was most important to me was swimming and surfing. I told him that he if he could help me get the spasms under better control, I could continue to enjoy those hobbies to some extent .

Comment

BBS, good for you for having a heart to heart with your Doctor.

Agate, I cope by staying in air conditioning as much as possible. I think there is something wrong with the one in my car. I dread the thought of having it worked on because I think it might be the compressor. Wish it was just Freon.

Today was better day. Dew Point was about half what it was yesterday and the rest of the week is supposed to be about the same. Temperature was about 76 and supposed to be tomorrow then a cool down from that. Usually our hot weather does not last just on and on and on. We do have hot weather, much because of the humidity, but we usually have it for a few days at the time. July, August and early September can be bad.

I did a little housework today and will do a little more tomorrow and probably not finish up until Thursday. I have read quite a bit today and watched just a little television. I was not really feeling bad, just wanted to read. I got my master bath cleaned, my bedroom dusted and linens washed and changed and one other load of wash. I still have the rest of the house to dust. The kitchen and bathroom floors to mop and the rest of the house has to be vacuumed. I get spoiled the weeks my maid comes and this is not her week.

I hope Cat got to eat out today. I bet if she asked TC just right he would take her most anyplace she wants to go.
                          Virginia

Comment

Early to bed,
                            early to rise,
                            no time for a bath,
                            means I'll start drawing flies.

by the broke poet

Albert Einstein

Comment

How come you are broke? Didn't you get paid today? I thought you would have your money by today.
                              Virginia

Comment

Working...
                              X