Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: .OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

OH, and CVS didn't refill one of my scripts. I just discovered it. Now see, I'm a big believer in fate. I don't think it was overlooked by accident. It was meant to be.

It was Citalopram, an AD. I was on a super low dose, lower than the start up dose. I can always get it refilled if I feel it has made a difference stopping it.

Dr. Howie is in the house!

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cluck, cluck, mother hen on the way! I was looking to see if it was OK to suddenly stop your generic Celexa. I did not find the answer. It is always kinder to your body to do that. I did find this at webMD:

Some products that may interact with this drug include: other drugs that can cause bleeding/bruising (including antiplatelet drugs such as clopidogrel, NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, "blood thinners" such as warfarin).

Aspirin can increase the risk of bleeding when used with this medication. However, if your doctor has directed you to take low-dose aspirin for heart attack or stroke prevention (usually at dosages of 81-325 milligrams a day), you should continue taking it unless your doctor instructs you otherwise. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.

Reminder, Tramadol (Ultram) is an NSaid. It also says that you should not take it w alcohol.

Do not shoot the hen.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Gee, I sure am hungry today, what shall it be. You know, I feel like chicken today........

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Well Ann, you can relax now. I looked in my "extra pills" bottle, and had SEVENTY some Citalopram pills. They are some I get on about the 20th of the month, and today, I probably poured them in the extra pills bottle by accident.

See, when I get a bunch of refills like I did today, the first thing I do is empty each container in my extras pills bottle, the just dump all the new bottles in my pill box to start from fresh. I forgot one I get later in the month.

IF you can understand all that, then you know I'm completely up to date with my pills, and problem solved.

If you CAN'T understand all that, go eat some chicken, and it will come to you.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I read it Howie and now I am more confused than ever. I think what you wrote might be more worrisome than whatever the original problem was. If you dump all your pills together and you happen to have a couple that look somewhat alike couldn't you accidentally get the wrong pill?

By the way, if you take Pinky out be careful. Last week my brother's daughter got hit and a lot of damage was done to her car. The other driver just drove away. Her own insurance covered her car but not a rental. So rather than her pay for a rental my brother loaned her his car. His son, the pro golfer, was on golfing tour and left his Maserati which he just bought new last fall parked in my brother's driveway. He does this every time he is gone and my brother only uses it to take him to and from the airport and the rest of the time it stays parked. Anyway, my brother was going down the road when a truck pulling a trailer in front of him jack knifed. My brother slowed from about 70 to 30 and the car behind hit him. He had to call my nephew and tell him. He waited until that tournament was over.

The next day my other brother offered to loan him his SUV which is a Lexus. He was on the way to work in bumper to bumper traffic and the car behind him hit him. He had to call our brother who owns the Lexus and tell him that his Lexus had been hit. I told him he needed to just quit driving. My car is old and was not an expensive one so no one would want to borrow it and that is fine with me. I felt sorry for the younger brother who had been hit twice in 3 days.

Now if you can follow all that it is like following your medicine story about mixing pills.
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-03-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We're going to need a video of Howie pouring his pills before we understand, I think.

When I get rx's refilled, I often have pills left from the old rx's, sitting in their bottles. I pour those pills into the new bottles without mixing one type of pill with another type.

I'll take my old Lipitor pills and pour them into the new bottle of Lipitor pills, and pour old potassium pills in with the new ones. This is just to cut down on clutter.

That might be what Howie is talking about.

I'm sorry about the car problems, Virginia. It doesn't sound good for the people involved or at least their cars, but it's good that nobody was hurt.

One problem with cars is that they're always bumping into one another, but I read recently where some expert says that driverless cars will be safer than cars driven by humans.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Oh, I understood it just fine. Stay away from you, or anyone in your family, whenever I drive. Pretty close?

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Agate, sneaking in on me...AGAIN?

My brother just sent me an article on a new BMW motorcycle. $80,000 bucks. I told him if he gets one, I'll let him keep it in my garage.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not even charging him rent?

That's just super generous. He might even let you use it now and then, under close supervision.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

You know, years ago, I had a friend offer me a chance to take his brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle for a drive, and I thanked him for the offer, but no way would I even think about it.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast