Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345671232 ... LastLast

Thread: .OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Cat you totally deserve lunch out for going through that. And a chocolate dessert with it.

Everything in Florida is air-conditioned. That makes summer more tolerable. I do most of my container gardening just after sunrise or just before sunset when there is no sun on my porch. Otherwise it is too hot. Only a few of my containers are large. Most of them are small and easy to maneuver on the porch. They weigh less than a pound with the soil in it. I just keep a big bag of potting soil on the porch at all times.

At this point almost all of my plants are just seedlings that I started from seed. Eventually, I will put them in big pots, and only the very healthiest of each breed. So, I will end up with a large container for tomatoes, a large container for green beans, a large container for bell peppers, and many small containers for marigolds. My herbs were already in somewhat large containers.

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

I saw my neurologist today for a check up. He is going to tweak my baclofen and tweak the Marinol dosing to see if we can't get the muscle spasms under better control.

I had read a book called when breath becomes air. It is about a neurosurgeon who is dying at age 36 from lung cancer. He talks beautifully about his approach to patients. He tries to figure out what is most important to them so he can tailor the treatment to their lives. I realized I had not done that with my doctor.

So, today, I told him that it did not matter to me if I could not remember anything or think complicated thoughts anymore. I told him what was most important to me was swimming and surfing. I told him that he if he could help me get the spasms under better control, I could continue to enjoy those hobbies to some extent .

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

BBS, good for you for having a heart to heart with your Doctor.

Agate, I cope by staying in air conditioning as much as possible. I think there is something wrong with the one in my car. I dread the thought of having it worked on because I think it might be the compressor. Wish it was just Freon.

Today was better day. Dew Point was about half what it was yesterday and the rest of the week is supposed to be about the same. Temperature was about 76 and supposed to be tomorrow then a cool down from that. Usually our hot weather does not last just on and on and on. We do have hot weather, much because of the humidity, but we usually have it for a few days at the time. July, August and early September can be bad.

I did a little housework today and will do a little more tomorrow and probably not finish up until Thursday. I have read quite a bit today and watched just a little television. I was not really feeling bad, just wanted to read. I got my master bath cleaned, my bedroom dusted and linens washed and changed and one other load of wash. I still have the rest of the house to dust. The kitchen and bathroom floors to mop and the rest of the house has to be vacuumed. I get spoiled the weeks my maid comes and this is not her week.

I hope Cat got to eat out today. I bet if she asked TC just right he would take her most anyplace she wants to go.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Early to bed,
    early to rise,
    no time for a bath,
    means I'll start drawing flies.

by the broke poet

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

How come you are broke? Didn't you get paid today? I thought you would have your money by today.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some of us, including Howie, get paid on the 3rd unless the 3rd falls on a weekend or holiday.

Howie is probably so thin by now that he disappears if he turns sideways.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cool

Yes Virginia, today is PAYDAY!!!

I didn't start super early because I wanted to wait until CVS was open. Things have to go as planned in my head, and on paper. Dump, Bank, CVS, Store, and home to put it all away.

I'm having my coffee with the wonderful creamer. SEVEN is on the bed with me, and she came up EARLY this morning, and I pulled the cover back so she could get under the cover with me. It was like it used to be when she slept under the covers all snuggled up with me.

Agate, that turning sideways sure comes in handy at times. I'll take a bite out of the turkey I'm giving them, then turn sideways. They look around ready to attack, then give up and start eating the turkey they DID get. Works every time!

Beautiful outside, and will be for a few days. Pinky is calling me.

In a little bit, I'm going to modify a litter box for Seven. I'll try one made of cardboard, and if that works, I'll cut a real box.

Have a great day everyone!

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Payday is good!

Modifying the litter box situation for Seven sounds like a good idea.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Seven has Arthritis in her hips, and I don't think she can even step into the litter boxes. So I just made her a new box out of the box the computer came in. Very thick cardboard, and not tall, so I cut the top off, and filled it with litter. Now I wait.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Phoebe had a litter box that was plastic but with one side cut away a bit so she could get in and out of it more easily. I didn't make it but bought it somewhere, probably from a mail-order pet supply place. You could try scooping out one side of a cardboard box that way, just cutting away a few inches on one of the shorter sides.

The whole side wasn't cut away but most of it was. About an inch of the original height was left on both left and right, for stability. The cutaway was an elongated C shape.

This is being used for plants but will give an idea of what I'm talking about:

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345671232 ... LastLast