No announcement yet.

Jim's Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's too bad you haven't been able to stay on Cloud 9, and I hope that the doctor comes along with an explanation for the results that were not as good as expected.

I'm glad you're enjoying a sea breeze and finding moments to enjoy. Hope that tomorrow's CAT scan will turn out well!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I'm sorry the blood work was not as good as you were hoping. I would predict some ups and downs now and then. As long as Jim is doing pretty well you probably do not have any cause to worry. What are WBC and Neutrophils? Immune system measurements in blood? If so your theory may be spot on.
      Jon's baseball is adorable! Get a picture ASAP please?? Praying for being on cloud 9 again!
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Rose, the drops in Jim's counts are not unusual. They simply show that the chemo is killing cells...the good with the bad. I'm willing to bet that Jim was told either verbally or in some info packets early on that drops in counts are a common side effect. If the counts get too low the doctor will prescribe a treatment...injections to force growth of white cells or transfusions or platelets for low RBC's.

I am currently on a biologic med. I have absolutely ZERO B lymphocytes. It's a bit unnerving to think about it, but here I am, feeling great!

You all take good care!

C

Comment

The Most Wonderful News!!!

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jim's CT Scan results put us back on Cloud 9!!

The tumor has shrunk by 1/2, since January!

There is no evidence of metastasis to the the lymph nodes. Nodules in other areas of the lung field have decreased, as well as patchy infiltrates and pleural effusion. Some areas have "resolved" i.e., are gone.

We are ecstatic!

I think Dr. P was hopeful that Jim would be helped, but I doubt that she expected this outcome. She told Jim that she can't figure out why he's doing so well, but she's thrilled that he is.

We think that there are several reasons, including his organic vegetarian diet, high protein, Orgain supplements, good vitamins/minerals, including Vitamin D, and CBD oil and THC oil. We're not discounting Navelbine, but given Dr. P's surprise, I think it is far more than the chemo. We feel that our holistic approach, our whole body approach, to fighting cancer is contributing to his incredible healing and progress.

I started taking CBD oil today for my RA. I've seen how it has helped Jim, and I need something to mitigate my pain. I think everyone should take CBD oil, because its benefits are far ranging. It's better than flax seed oil or fish oil, although they do provide many of the necessary omegas.

When I picked up Jon's seizure meds this morning, I told our pharmacy assistant Jim's good news. We've only been using this pharmacy for 6 months, right when Jim was diagnosed, after our pharmacy of 40 years closed. Tears glistened in her eyes as she smiled, "That is the most wonderful news!"

I went on to do my grocery shopping, almost gliding through the aisles with joy and gratitude. I smiled at and greeted everyone I encountered, and they responded with cheerfulness. It just feels good to be acknowledged, and I strive to do that for everyone within my sphere. I also call everyone with a name tag by their name. Goodwill towards all.

Then, in the produce department, I see John! Our dear friend, who helps us turn Jon, who actually did that yesterday afternoon. He is a representative for a major beverage company, now in management. He was looking for the store manager, when I called out to him.

John was the first one to learn the good news yesterday. We couldn't imagine anyone else, who deserves to be the first to know. John has transported Jim to his doctor, tests, and infusion appointments. He has helped us by bringing us adaptive equipment, when Jim had his RA flare, and of course, helping us with Jon. Countless ways.

John said, "You look rested."

I laughed, "None of us slept very well last night. It must be the make up."

Or maybe it was the glow surrounding me by this most wonderful news.

We thank all of you for your continuing love, prayers, support, encouragement and for traveling with us on this journey. Your prayers, positive thoughts, healing energy and friendship are working. We can't convey our gratitude adequately.

Please know that all of you are in our hearts and prayers every day.

We love you!

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Praise the Lord! That's wonderful news. Rejoicing with you. The world is a little brighter today. Doing a happy dance. Keep up the amazing lifestyle. It's obviously working!!!
            grandmother of Tyler (27): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

Comment

Rose, Thank you for sharing such wonderful news. I just wish you could see my smile! I'm sure it's a combination of all that you're doing to get and say healthy. Also the many many prayers, prayers that will continue for your family. I'm so glad I came here tonight to check for an update.
              Mary Grace

Comment

:) Any more info since the 24th? I hope all three of you are better. With love, Jeanie :)

Comment

:) When I wrote the above post I was on page two and did not realize y'all were on page 4. But I was glad for the update. Jeanie :)

Comment

Rose, Always thinking about your family and keeping you in my prayer. I pray all is going well.

Mary Grace

Comment

Thank you all so very much for your love, prayers, and support for Jim and our family. We love you, and you are all in our prayers.

Yesterday, Jim met with Dr. P for the first time since his CT Scan, and she was beaming. She confirmed that the tumor has shrunk by 50%. She is amazed at the decrease in metastasis and that no lymph nodes are involved. She's pleased with Jim's weight, his overall wellness, despite RA flares, and his excellent vitals.

According to her 6 month prognosis for Jim, he would now have 3 more months, before the curtain falls.

Yet, here he is defying all of the odds against him. He even drove himself to/from his appointments, because John was unavailable. Jim wanted to drive. I caved. He did fine.

Dr. P told Jim that he'd always be a Stage IV patient, and that she didn't think he would be cancer-free. Well, she didn't think he'd have half his tumor gone either, so what does she know, eh?

We're living each day as it is given to us. With joy and gratitude.

We just celebrated our Silver Anniversary! I made veggie fajitas and southwestern potatoes, and we uncorked a bottle of champagne and toasted to many more years together.

We live in hope ~

Thank you again for joining us on our journey ~ Blessings upon you and your loved ones ~

Love & Light,

Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Congratulations on your anniversary and this good news, Rose.

ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

:) That is wonderful news. We will continue the prayers and I am glad they are working.

Happy Silver Anniversary! Congratulations! Jeanie :)

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post

Thank you all so very much for your love, prayers, and support for Jim and our family. We love you, and you are all in our prayers.

Yesterday, Jim met with Dr. P for the first time since his CT Scan, and she was beaming. She confirmed that the tumor has shrunk by 50%. She is amazed at the decrease in metastasis and that no lymph nodes are involved. She's pleased with Jim's weight, his overall wellness, despite RA flares, and his excellent vitals.

According to her 6 month prognosis for Jim, he would now have 3 more months, before the curtain falls.

Yet, here he is defying all of the odds against him. He even drove himself to/from his appointments, because John was unavailable. Jim wanted to drive. I caved. He did fine.

Dr. P told Jim that he'd always be a Stage IV patient, and that she didn't think he would be cancer-free. Well, she didn't think he'd have half his tumor gone either, so what does she know, eh?

We're living each day as it is given to us. With joy and gratitude.

We just celebrated our Silver Anniversary! I made veggie fajitas and southwestern potatoes, and we uncorked a bottle of champagne and toasted to many more years together.

We live in hope ~

Thank you again for joining us on our journey ~ Blessings upon you and your loved ones ~

Love & Light,

Rose
                            WONDERFUL NEWS! YAY! I pray that Jim can one day be cancer free but even if he won't end up cancer free I hope he can live with the cancer for many,many,many years with you! Happy Anniversary!

Sorry I have been absent from the forum. I have been shooting my film and we are now roughly 90 percent done. I'll write some stuff on the brain talk blog about that soon.
                            xo
                            Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                            My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Yesterday, Jim had another Navelbine infusion, drove himself to/from, helped turn Jon, when John visited in the early afternoon. Napped. Slept well. Today, he worked in Michael’s garden, cleaning the waterfall and pond. He got some fresh air and sunshine and a little exercise, and the birds got a clean bath tub. We’re also setting out Critter Crunch now, so it’s like our nature spa just got a restaurant! They flock here, and it’s so peaceful to watch them.

Dr. P seems more thrilled every week with Jim’s progress. She exclaimed, “I can’t get over how well you’re doing! It’s just remarkable!” And she heard nothing in his chest. “All those sounds over the last 6 months are gone!”

We couldn’t ask for a better anniversary gift than this.

Dr. P said that she was sorry for Jim’s suffering with an excruciating RA flare after having the Opdivo infusion, but she said that the upside is that it seems to be helping in conquering Jim’s cancer. That’s astonishing that one infusion could be that powerful. Those Neutrophils (White Blood Cell soldiers) are really working overtime! I guess the price you pay for the internal battle is pain.

Jim will have a week break and return 8/8 for another Navelbine infusion.

We continue to move forward with hope, as we live in the moment with love.

Thank you all so much for your anniversary wishes for us, and for your prayers, support and love. Please know that you are all in our prayers every day.

We love you!

Love & Light,

Rose

I haven't forgotten! Smoothies all arou

Comment

Belated Happy Silver Anniversary to you and Jim!

May the news continue to be good! I hope you'll have many more happy years together!
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X