Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 103050555657585960

Thread: Jim's Update

Distinguished Community Member

Enjoy your evening Rose. Happy Anniversary.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Happy Anniversary!

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Happy Anniversary!

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Thank you all so much for your good wishes for us.

We were married in our backyard, which Jim had transformed into a beautiful deck and stage. He built an altar for us. He laid carpet for our aisle, over the grass.

Jim and I went to a wholesale florist, and they were so touched by our story that they made a giant basket of flowers for our altar as a gift to us. Just magnificent!

A close friend, who is in the music industry, set up a sound system for us. Another close friend, who has a beautiful voice, sang 4 of our favorite songs throughout the ceremony. Another friend did a smudging ceremony with us. All of my bridesmaids read from Corinthians. We had candle lighting and drinking from a Native American wedding vase, which we'd bought on our only vacation from the gift shop in Zion National Park.

The 50 guests sat at round tables, with a cooler at their table for beverages. We had a punch fountain. And a 3 tiered cake.

We began with a garden party, while I finished getting ready. When the ceremony began, Jim walked down the aisle to "If Tomorrow Never Comes," by Garth Brooks (we were into him then). Then I walked down the aisle to "The Rose," by Bette Midler.

I thought I would fall apart, but I looked at all of our loved ones gathered, and they were smiling, with tears streaming down their cheeks. Then I looked toward the altar and I saw my uncle tending to Jon and Michael, and my uncle was crying. Then, I looked at Jim, and he was crying. I was the only one there, who was holding it together, and I fought back those tears.

Our service lasted 1 1/2 hours. Later, a friend told us, "That was the Woodstock of Weddings!"

Jim promised me the wedding I had always wanted and then some. And he absolutely delivered.

When I paid the caterers, the three of them surrounded me, hugged me and were sobbing. "That's the most beautiful wedding we've ever seen. And we've seen a lot of weddings."

The day was exquisite, perfect weather, perfect sunset, and as we bid our last guest farewell, we saw a shooting star. Perfect.

I wish you had all been there!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Happy Anniversary! It sounds so beautiful! Wish I had been there too! I wish you many more anniversaries!

Unfortunately my childhood friend never got to see your thread. When I attempted to send her this thread I was informed she had already passed. I'm unsure of the exact circumstances of the death and how it relates to the cancer at the moment. Sounds like she simply died of complications.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so very sorry that your friend passed. Cancer is an insidious disease, and any number of complications can lead to death, including ones generated by treatment. Sending prayers for peace and comfort for you, her family and loved ones. Bless you for endeavoring to help her.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

What a beautiful description of your wedding to Jim, Rose. Through all the trials you have still managed to hold on to all that love, and I bet it is stronger today than it ever was.

Thanks for sharing this.
    Virginia

14. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Yes, our love grows stronger with every day. We know how precious and fragile life is. We know how old we all are, and how we've defied the odds. We take nothing for granted. My first prayer every morning, when I finally lay down in bed is: "Thank You, Lord, for Today, Yesterday, and Tomorrow."

I forgot to share the story about our attire for our wedding.

I shopped for months to find the perfect wedding dress. I wasn't going to wear a long, expensive gown. But I couldn't find anything I liked. I was frustrated, as our wedding neared.

Jim went to the mall to look for a nice European-made suit. He couldn't find one. So, he wandered into a western clothier, because he saw my wedding dress in the window. At that moment, he changed the theme of our wedding, only a few days before it was to occur!

We had no cell phones, so I was surprised, when he returned home with a nice pair of tan jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy shirt and bolo tie, and a tweed jacket.

Okay, that was not what I'd expected! But he looked so handsome, when he tried it on for me.

Then, he said, "I went in there, because I found your wedding dress. I know you will love it, and it's perfect for you."

The next day, one of my closest girlfriends arrived and drove me to the mall to see and try on the dress. When I walked out of the dressing room, my girlfriend exclaimed, "Oh wow! That is PERFECT for you!! Jim is right!!"

We had to drive to another mall to get a smaller size! Ha! I had been dieting for 6 months!

Does my wedding dress have fringe? Yes!

And silver thread? Yes!

And lace? Yes!

Do I still have it? Of course!

And Jim still has his groom's suit.

Maybe next year, we'll try them on for our anniversary.

Love & Light,

Rose

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so very sorry that your friend passed. Cancer is an insidious disease, and any number of complications can lead to death, including ones generated by treatment. Sending prayers for peace and comfort for you, her family and loved ones. Bless you for endeavoring to help her.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Thanks so much Rose. Apparently she had other health issues and complications on top of the fast moving cancer which required her to be on life support to have any chance of recovery but she refused the life support option and died. I do not know what led her to that decision as she never struck me as the kind of person who would refuse life support but I do fully respect her decision. I hope she is in a peaceful place free of earthly worries and pain. I'm very sad to lose her and wish I could have seen her one last time.

One of my coworkers has also apparently had a mild stroke this month but she's recovering fast thank goodness. (Why does everyone around me have strokes?)

Your wedding dress story made my day, how adorable and touching.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; Yesterday at 06:15 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 103050555657585960