Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 133353585960616263

Thread: Jim's Update

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Marcie)))))) ~

Thank you so much for checking in on us, Marcie. I pray for you and your family every day.

So far, we're all doing fairly well here. The weather is atrocious, and there are fires all over California impacting our air quality. We have to run the a/c a lot, which makes all of us feel icky. Aching joints, stuffed sinuses. The alternative is oppressive humidity and profuse sweating, which just drains every ounce out of us.

Thursday, our water heater bit the dust, flooded the garage, even sprung a leak at the top, and water was dripping from the rafters. I posted about this experience in the MS forum's chat thread. Our plumbing company sent a lovely young man to rescue us, and we now have a modern, efficient, smaller, and better water heater. Lots of things were soaked in the garage, but the heat is ridiculous, and everything dried out rather quickly. The thermometer in our garage reads 93-95 most late afternoons.

Our plumber recommended an electrician to us, also a Father-Son owned business, so I can move forward on getting a stand by generator for our home in case we have a power outage. Jim can't handle the portable generator any longer. The heat and fires are getting worse here, and we need stand by power for Jon's bed, mattress, feeding pump, O2, etc. So, now I have a trusted referral and a place to begin.

I posted on Jonathan's thread that IHSS approved Jon's services, so that hurdle is behind us for a year.

Yesterday, after John left when we finished turning Jon, my back was screaming hot with pain. Jim parked me on his futon nest and waited on me. He made a giant salad and baked some Field Roast and Gardein yummies in the oven. Microwave rice. Dinner! He tended to Jon until about 10 p.m., when it was time for Jim to turn out the lights for a few hours of sleep.

Jon fell asleep early, about 10:45, which made the night easier for me. I really needed that rest, and I'm so grateful to Jim for being here for me.

There's only one direction: Forward.

Thinking of you and your family, Marcie. Healing prayers always on the way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) How are y'all doing? I hope things are going better.

Did you get the tables and CD tower put together?

You are all in my prayers daily and I include your friend John's family. Jeanie :)

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 133353585960616263