Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526

Thread: Jim's Update

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Halfway There: Radiation Day Six

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Yesterday, after Jimís 5th treatment, Jim met with Dr. D. She told him that he will have 5 more treatments ~ today, tomorrow, next week M,T, W.

When he told her about his side effects, she said, ďWhy didnít you call me?Ē Jim said that he was trying to manage the side effects on his own. Her recommendations:

Nausea: Zofran (doing that)
    Constipation: laxative (doing that)
    Headache: Steroid (was not doing that)

She suggested that an hour before his treatment, Jim take Zofran and a steroid. Heís having lower back pain, so he took 2 steroids today, just to be able to tolerate laying on the ďboard,Ē as he calls it, when he gets zapped.

Jim asked about treating the skin burns from radiation on his temples. She said, ďOh, donít worry about that.Ē Donít worry about that?!?!

He forgot to ask her what happens after he finishes the treatments. He asked the tech today, who answered, ďI donít know.Ē Youíd think she would tell him that he will have another brain MRI to makes sure that the spots are gone. But itís all progressive disclosure with these cancer doctors. I donít like it!

Jim and Jon slept this afternoon for several hours. Jon has been sleeping a lot recently. Could be a build up of his seizure meds, although his urine and bowel output have been very good.

When John visited to turn Jonathan yesterday evening, I asked John if he would get our box of ornaments down from the shelf in the garage rafters. He was ready to do it then, but I told him that I hadnít even taken down the Halloween and fall decorations yet. John looked straight at me and said, ďDo you know what the date is today? Do you know how soon Christmas will be here?Ē

ďYes,Ē I said, shrinking, ďbut Iím so tired. Itís a lot of work. And we havenít even opened the boxes with the metal trees, let alone put the trees together.Ē

John said, ďIíll be here Sunday to turn Jon, and I will help you. You need Christmas. This year, you need Christmas in your home.Ē

We do. So today, I took down the fall decorations and started turning our home into Christmas.

Tomorrow morning, Iíll go to the store to pick up a Zofran refill and a few grocery items. Jimís appointment was moved to an hour later, so I will have time to get that errand done. In the afternoon, I will continue decorating.

We will enjoy a warm, cosy, cheerful, colorful, sparkly, glittery, lovely Christmas together.

Thank you all so much for your love, prayers, and support. Iím glad that I donít know what I would do without you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

(((((((((((ROSE))))))))))) feel free to pass them around the house.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, I just wanted to drop in and say you and Jim are in my thoughts as you go through this very trying time. I hope that the medical providers are bending every fiber to keep him comfortable--and that you are finding ways of resting even if it's napping on the fly.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526