Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9294954555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Jim's Update

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you, Rose! I’ve been holding my breath Waiting for these results! I am so happy. You must be dancing!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

So happy to that Jim got amazing news! Continued prayers going up for all of you!

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jim and I are overjoyed with the results of his CT scan and brain MRI. Dr. K is thrilled and refers to Jim’s progress as “unbelievable.”

BRAIN SCAN

All clear! Dr. K said, “I’m not even going to bother with that any more, unless you develop symptoms.” So no more jarring MRIs.

We’ve been milking the joke, “I had my head examined, and there’s nothing there!”

CT SCAN

The tumor is continuing to shrink, albeit more slowly than previously, and the core is dying. As with Jim’s last scan, Dr. K said that the blasting of the core is more significant than the outer diameter of the mass.

Other “nodules,” which haven’t been labeled as cancerous are “stable.” Dr. K said that means that Opdivo is keeping them in check.

Heart, kidneys, liver, adrenal gland ~ all in good shape.

Prostate still enlarged but not problematic. Jim is back on his Saw Palmetto, per my urging, and it has helped to slow down his hourly trip to the commode.

He still has gallstones and diverticulitus. Some scoliosis is noted.

VISIT WITH DR. K

Jim calls Dr. K his “bud” now, and he says the only thing missing is the beer!

Dr. K had been on vacation and was catching up. He hadn’t looked at Jim’s results yet, so he looked at them the first time with Jim. His first comment: “WOW!”

He said that Opdivo is definitely continuing to kick the cancer cells to the curb, and he assured Jim that the slowing of shrinkage is typical and not concerning. He said Opdivo is doing its job very well, and it may become more aggressive again.

Appetite and Weight Loss:

When Jim told Dr. K that he had lost his appetite and taste buds, thus, shedding 10 pounds, Dr. K said, “Why don’t you try cannabis?”

Jim grinned and clapped his hand on Dr. K’s shoulder. “I’ve been taking cannabis since February 2017. In fact, this hard candy in my mouth right now has 10 mg of CBD oil in it. It’s the only thing that helps my dry mouth. I also take CBD and THC capsules. I haven’t been able to get the THC capsules since the new laws came into effect.”

Dr. K nodded his head, “That makes sense. It’s quite possible that the CBD and THC are helping Opdivo do its job and keeping you healthy through it all.”

To hear that confirmation from Jim’s doctor really tells us how wonderful Dr. K is. He said that this is what is setting Jim apart from other cancer patients, who aren’t taking CBD and THC. He can’t prescribe it, but he is endorsing it and telling Jim to continue taking the oils.

About Jim’s Other Doctors:

Jim shared that the radiology oncologist, Dr. D, nearly pulled off his ear to look for Jim’s radiation rash. Then she said to Jim, “I don’t see any rash.”

Jim told Dr. K, “My wife said ‘Stevie Wonder could see your rash!’”

Dr. K laughed.

Jim also shared that Dr. D said, “You can’t get cancer from chemo!”

Dr. K was stunned. “She said that?! Of course, chemo can cause cancer. I can’t believe she said that! I mean, I believe you, of course, but that’s just … well, she’s wrong. It can and it does.”

“My wife looked it up on line, and she printed out several pages out of thousands stating that chemo can cause cancer. And my wife is convinced that after my first headache with Gemcitibine and the rest that followed with 5 more infusions, it caused the metastasis to my skull.”

Dr. K replied, “That’s possible.”

So, if it’s possible, then it’s possible that Dr. P is responsible for the metastasis to Jim’s skull. First Do No Harm. She gave him brain cancer!!!!

Jim also opened up about Dr. P, and that on his last visit with her, he asked her to let him try Opdivo again. He’d brought in an article I’d found by a rheumatologist, who said that if death is the only option, RA patients should try Opdivo and manage flares with steroids.

Dr. P refused to give Jim Opdivo and told him to get a second opinion.

Dr. K said, “All doctors see and do things differently.”

Jim responded, “Yes, and that’s why I’m here with you now. I’m so grateful to you.”

INFUSION PALS

The Bell rang today for two blessed patients, both men about Jim’s age. One of them said to Jim, “I don’t have to have any appointments for 6 months!” Jim congratulated him and said he hoped that he would be able to say that too someday. The man nodded, “Me too, buddy.”

SUPER SURVIVOR JIM!

Sounds so good!

NEXT APPOINTMENTS

Infusion: 7/25 Dr. K visit: 8/15

Thank you all so very much for your prayers, love, support, advice, encouragement, positive, healing energy and walking beside us on this journey. You and your loved ones are in our prayers always.

Love & Light,

Rose
    WHOO!!! WHAT A RELIEF! I'M SO THRILLED FOR JIM! This is SO wonderful! If CBD works by all means take it I say. Yes all doctors are different which is why I wanted away from the first cardiologist and it appears my instincts were right. I unfortunately found out today that one of my childhood friends was just diagnosed with cancer so perhaps I will show her this thread as encouragement to keep fighting. I'm not sure what stage her cancer is but it sounded like stage 2 or 3 from the texts. If Jim can do this well with stage 4 I'm sure she can do well! Prayers to all of you! Congrats to the two men in remission! Jim and my old friend will get there too!!!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you ANN, Marcie, and funnylegs4!

Yes, we danced! We were in Jon's room, and I can't recall the song, but we were singing along and dancing. Jon is so happy with the good news about his dad.

Jim was so ecstatic last night that he had trouble going to sleep. I told him that we have lots of time to celebrate and reminded him how important sleep is to healing and avoiding RA flares. He finally calmed down and fell asleep.

Our cupboards and fridge were bare, so today I ordered a truckload from Whole Foods, all of the meat alternatives Jim likes, fresh fruits and veggies. Still, tomorrow I have to order from another store to fill in the gaps. For example, WF doesn't carry Jim's favorite yogurt, and it's a very popular yogurt.

funnylegs 4 ~

I'm so sorry that your friend has been diagnosed with cancer. As you know, early detection is a key, so if she isn't in Stage IV, she will have a better path toward beating it.

Please share this thread with your friend. This is one of the major reasons why I am sharing Jim's journey. Jim told me last night that he doesn't feel like his life is on display here. He says, "If I can help just one person on their cancer journey, that is what I feel I should do."

We have received so much great advice here, which will benefit your friend. Remedies for dry mouth, radiation burns, how to prevent peripheral neuropathy and on and on...

And Jim has taken several chemo drugs, had radiation is now on immunotherapy. All of that information can benefit her. Also, what to look for in an oncologist and which kind to avoid. We've learned never to just accept the doctor's orders/recommendation and to question everything. EVERYTHING!

Please, please, please encourage her to take CBD oil. And THC, if it's legal in her state. Dr. K made it clear to Jim that he truly believes that CBD/THC have made a difference for Jim. And it has. He was only predicted to live until last October.

We feel that immunotherapy should be the first treatment not the last resort after many rounds of chemo. It doesn't work that way politically, because Big Pharma loses lots of $$$$$$ when people go into remission.

We recommend a port placement for infusions rather than via IV in a vein, because eventually the veins weaken and roll, and that causes bruising and pain. A port is available for blood draws, dye for CT and MRI scans, medications, saline drip, and infusions. It has been a godsend for Jim.

We also suggest a vegetarian diet, and especially deleting red meat. Not because we are tree-hugging veggie folk, but because meat is difficult to digest and contains hormones and other stuff, which impede healing. We are positive that our diet has benefited Jim.

She should take a good multi vitamin and have her Vitamin D level checked too.

If she has questions, then please ask me, and I will offer our experience.

We feel that Jim is proving that adding CBD/THC and eating an organic vegetarian diet works. And where the chemo drugs tried to fight him, they lost. The immunotherapy drug says "Thanks for the help."

Many healing prayers for your friend.

Thank you all for your love and prayers ~ we know that you are a major factor in Jim's healing. We can't thank you enough.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Rose - Such great News! I am very glad for you and will continue to pray for your family. Sorry I have not been around but Life has been throwing one curve ball after another. Anyway wonerful news, I hope the reat of the family is doing well - You are indeed an Earth Angel.
    Blessings
    Skypilot Steve (AKA Alex44)

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Steve)))))) ~

Thank you for stopping by and for your prayers and continuing support.

I'm sorry to hear that life is throwing you curve balls. You are in my prayers always too.

Be good to yourself.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Rose, I've been keeping up reading posts but just getting around to responding. I'm so glad to her all this good news. I almost got up and danced!!! I'm so glad Jim has this new Dr. what a night and day difference. Especially to just have total trust that he is doing everything possible and really truly cares. I will say an extra prayer of thanks for the good news so far and continue to pray for healing. Thank you for keep us in the loop through this journey.
    Mary Grace

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Smile In Sickness and In Health

Today is our 26th Anniversary!

We knew that the future would be filled with crises, pain and sorrow. And we were determined to ensure that it was infused with joy, laughter, and profound love.

We have kept the promises we made that day, to each other and to our children.

When we met, both of us were vulnerable, having been hurt deeply by our former spouses. Trust was on shaky ground for us, until our friendship blossomed into undeniable love.

In our 26 years together, we have only been separated twice: for 5 days in 1999, when Jim flew to England for his mother's funeral, and last August, when he was hospitalized with pneumonia for 6 days. With the exception of those 11 days, we have been together 24 hours every day.

We are soul mates in the truest sense. Each of us can say, "I found the love of my life."

As if it was written just for us ~

Wedding Day ~ The Bee Gees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdgFLCFy6o

Thank you all so much for your love, prayers, and friendship.

We love you ~

Love & Light,

Rose

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to you both!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Happy Anniversary Rose & Jim! You both have let us get to know you through your posts and trials. I pray for y'all everyday and sometimes more often. I believe Jim's cancer will go away. With love, Jeanie :)

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9294954555657585960 LastLast