Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep On Moving: April 2017

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Rose and Jim you have been in my prayers and I will continue praying for you. Would Jim consider taking LDN? It would not interfere with other chemo. Info at www.lowdosenaltrexone.org and click on the cancer link. I have been taking it since 2000 for my MS and I have not gotten worse. Love and prayers, Jeanie :)

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might his friends be able to do a paddle out ceremony for him in NJ, and spread his ashes there?
    Tom has left instructions with his cousin to put some of his ashes into the water at his favorite beach in New Jersey. The rest of his ashes will be distributed at his favorite beach here in Washington.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jendie, it is good that you know what he wanted, that you had discussed it.

Today was a lot of walking at the Museum of Fine Arts. It's the opening week of a Matisse show. I went w my friend, Ann. The new wings of the MFA make the place similar to an airport.

The show was interesting. It showed how Matisse used objects as characters or actors in his paintings. He collected objects like African statues. He also collected textiles and used those in his paintings as well. The show had these objects and fabrics next to the paintings they were in. He used the chocolate pot that he got for a wedding present in multiple paintings.

A man who liked his chocolate.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting that you noticed the chocolate pot, ANN. Would that be a pot made out of chocolate or (more likely) a pot filled with chocolates?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Jendie, will the Friends also do a brief paddle out for him when they spread his ashes? His friends are doing something meaningful and deep for Tom.

If I am in the ocean when they spread his ashes, I will say a silent prayer for him....

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

ANN, what a wonderful way to spend time with a friend. I too also wonder what a chocolate pot means. I want to think it's a pot made of chocolate :)

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Sorry, I think it's a pot where chocolate is kept, like this one:

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Today I enjoyed surfing for a brief time with my girlfriend. We got there just after sunrise and were treated with glassy waves and a warm ocean. While I know it warm ocean is not a good sign in terms of the climate, it sure is a pleasure to be surfing in warmth.

I paddled for a wave and somehow got too far in front of it. The wave jacked up and smacked me on the back of my head, knocking my glasses off and pushing me down to the bottom of the ocean. I could feel my head gently tap on the bottom which got my attention. Luckily, another surfer retrieved my glasses before they were lost.

The waves really were not that difficult today but I seem to have trouble with my timing. At the end of the hour I did catch a very nice substantial wave which put a big smile on my face.

At this point, my main thing that I am working on is to try to empty my mind out about my fear about my body betraying me in the ocean. It is anxiety arousing not knowing what is going to happen and whether it could become life-threatening in a big wave situation. Well the anxiety is realistic, I am still trying to wash that out of my mind so that I can keep enjoying the bliss of laying on my board in the water.

I have fed the Gods of multiple sclerosis by giving up most of us the fun of surfing. I no longer sit on my board but I stay lying down until the perfect wave comes for me to pop up on. There are many waves I avoid out of fear of multiple sclerosis. I do not stay on the water very long out of fear that the muscle spasms will start. And I discipline my mind to focus on the beauty of the scenery, a feeling of Ocean Spray on my face, and the enjoyment that I get from paddling in the ocean. So far this is working.

I wonder what others do here in order to continue to enjoy with multiple sclerosis continues to allow them to enjoy. Which situations do you cut loose, and which situations do you go boldly into , damn the consequences?

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

You are being wise, Bbs.

I'm not sure thst I ever cut loose anymore. That would have beenon the dance floor and I just can't do that now.

What I do to allow for the rest of my life is to rest and take "catch-up" days of non- doing.

Enjoy the ocean when you can. I am enjoying it w you,
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-06-2017 at 07:08 AM.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Re chocolate pot, they can look like a tall coffee pot. His were pewter or silver and a bit shorter and fat w a side handle like a kitchen pot but w a shapely design. I know, I confused you more.

ANN

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast