Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

But Cat, I bought a brand new thong just for this event.

I had my last cup of coffee this morning. Not because I'm giving it up, but because I simply have no more. I think I have 3 dollars to my name, and don't think they sell coffee in THAT small of a package.

But I have food to eat, and even have a six pack of beer, then I'll be out of that too. (Howie breaks into a sad song) How dry I am......

It's going for 87* today. But it's cool in here, and I don't plan to go anywhere until payday. That is unless I can get myself inspired to carry out the boxes of torn up beer boxes I made this week.

Everyone enjoy your weekend.
    Help, I've floored it and I can't let up!

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, it's hard to enjoy one's weekend if one knows Howie is going hungry. A few days ago I was going to suggest that you set aside a few dollars in case you run out of funds at the end of the month but that sounds like one of those mother-hen ideas of mine that can be tiresome, and so I didn't. You could put that money somewhere, off by itself, and not ever touch it until you or the cats are getting too low on basic necessities. Then you dip into it, trying not to use it all up, and the next month when money rolls in, you set aside another emergency fund for the end of that month.

No matter what, you wouldn't touch that money unless it's getting to the end of the month and you're in a tight spot. Just my two cents, and two cents won't get you very far these days.

Cat, that budget plan you described for the electric bill is the type of plan I'm on. It's much easier to know how much that bill is going to be every month. Once a year I get fidgety when it's recalculation time because the averaged monthly bill can turn out to be much lower or much higher than it was, but I usually have a general idea what it will do. If it's been a very cold winter or a very hot summer, my electric bill will go up and still stay that way for a year, but that's weather for you.

There isn't any discount for seniors or low-income people but the HUD housing I'm in provides a built-in discount on the electricity. This gets recomputed every year when we have to submit our account numbers so that the usage for the entire building can be figured up, and based on that, we get about $20 off our rent amount. It varies from time to time by a few dollars but that change happens only every few years.
    Last edited by agate; Today at 08:15 AM.
    There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
    --Jane Austen, Emma

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829