Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Yes, by the month is more expensive. It's $99 for the year. If you do a lot of on-line shopping you'll find shipping rates on other sites to be anywhere from $6 up! I shop a lot at Amazon, and would otherwise spend the $99 on shipping (from other sites) in the first month!

I use Prime for movies and TV (free...not current programs, but programs that I otherwise wouldn't search out, or don't have that particular cable channel). And movies -- I haven't been to an actual theater for years, but watch movies on my Kindle all the time. And free books -- you get one free book a month, from a choice of 4-5. There also are occasional book sales for prime members. And then free fast shipping with purchases. Yes, there are a lot of food items available through Amazon, and the Amazon grocery store. You do have to fill a box at the grocery store to get free shipping, but I always fill it with stuff like toilet paper, or paper towels that are bulky to carry around a regular store, anyway. A prime membership can be extended to include anyone in your household that uses the same Amazon account, so in my case Tom Cat can order and get free shipping, too. Even Consumers Reports, which is pretty picky, says the Amazon Prime membership is a good deal.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Dancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, by the month is more expensive. It's $99 for the year. If you do a lot of on-line shopping you'll find shipping rates on other sites to be anywhere from $6 up! I shop a lot at Amazon, and would otherwise spend the $99 on shipping (from other sites) in the first month!

I use Prime for movies and TV (free...not current programs, but programs that I otherwise wouldn't search out, or don't have that particular cable channel). And movies -- I haven't been to an actual theater for years, but watch movies on my Kindle all the time. And free books -- you get one free book a month, from a choice of 4-5. There also are occasional book sales for prime members. And then free fast shipping with purchases. Yes, there are a lot of food items available through Amazon, and the Amazon grocery store. You do have to fill a box at the grocery store to get free shipping, but I always fill it with stuff like toilet paper, or paper towels that are bulky to carry around a regular store, anyway. A prime membership can be extended to include anyone in your household that uses the same Amazon account, so in my case Tom Cat can order and get free shipping, too. Even Consumers Reports, which is pretty picky, says the Amazon Prime membership is a good deal.
    "Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont" is one of the films I watched free because I have Amazon Prime. It is a gem of a movie and I spotted it on the NYTimes best ...there are so many great films for free on Amazon Prime that I never purchase anything.
    I watch on my iPad.

When you do watch something, if you scroll down the page you find what else people watched who watched the film you are viewing. You can even watch this year's oscar movies for a fee. Amazon video is making its own programs and there is one now called Z about Zelda Fitzgerald. Stars Christina Ricci and is excellent.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Rose, if you have a chance, please give us an update after tomorrow's Onc appointment. Sorry to read in CD about the chemo failure.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Linda, I read the book Z and enjoyed it.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even Consumers Reports, which is pretty picky, says the Amazon Prime membership is a good deal.
    Cat, I've been a lifelong subscriber to Consumer Reports, and they are pretty picky.

They've never given me a

NOTE: If the image above isn't visible to anyone, I hope you'll let me know.
    Last edited by agate; 04-03-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

It's visible, agate.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    Linda, I read the book Z and enjoyed it.
    Me too! I did recently discover that there is something else I get with Amazon a prime which is called Audible Books?. I signed up for it but that is as far as I got. I can listen to free audible books on my iPad...and there are others I can buy.
    Again, like with movies and tv programs, there is so much available for free that it is great.

I always read hard copies of books but it is nice to know I have a fall back choice.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Love CR. Used it to buy my car and recently to buy my mattress. Amazing. Mattress company sucks all the air out if it, puts it in a small box. You open the box and the shrink wrap bag and it instantly sucks air back in and becomes mattress. Best mattress I have ever had. It's made by Caspar.

Laz, I ordered Lab Girl by Hope Jahren. I think it might be about botany? Am starting to garden in containers. Beginning small with herbs and marigolds.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    Love CR. Used it to buy my car and recently to buy my mattress. Amazing. Mattress company sucks all the air out if it, puts it in a small box. You open the box and the shrink wrap bag and it instantly sucks air back in and becomes mattress. Best mattress I have ever had. It's made by Caspar.

Laz, I ordered Lab Girl by Hope Jahren. I think it might be about botany? Am starting to garden in containers. Beginning small with herbs and marigolds.
    John planted sugar snap peas yesterday. (Very late for planting due to weather but....here's hoping!) it is a success for him just to have planted them. And now it is raining so the gods are watering them for us!
    Linda~~~~

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Good morning all!

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast