Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Don't Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me".
    Whatever you say, Howie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGJvzwKqg0

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Thanks Vicky! Now even the squares here will know what I was reefer-ing to.

Well, the sound of a lawnmower running was a false alarm. It was a neighbor mowing his. I wonder if Sam would do mine?

SAM!
    The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Anyone seen Jeanie since the 1st? I don't recall seeing her. She usually checks in more than that.

We know Sally is missing, but hopefully know where she is.

I don't think we have heard from Nuthatch lately either.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie posted a couple of days ago. Hope you're doing OK, Jeanie.

Nuthatch hasn't been here in over a week, at least not posting, but she stays pretty busy with various responsibilities and activities, I think.

I hope that Sally is doing OK and will be back here soon.

No word from or about renee.

Anyone remember or know anything about Jiane, by the way? She had the signature line "Keep your stick on the ice." I believe she wasn't doing very well and she vanished from here.

One problem with a message board is that those posting are often the ones who feel well enough to be here posting while those who are doing badly aren't up to checking in. Or they might just be busy or tired of message boards or mad at us. There's no way of knowing.
    If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
    --Lewis Carroll

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Happy Easter and Happy Passover. I sent Sally an Easter card with my phone number in it. I wrote that if she could call me I could post for her. I have not heard from her. My Andy has found a lady he is dating. I hope it works out for him. Jeanie :)

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeanie posted a couple of days ago. Hope you're doing OK, Jeanie.

Nuthatch hasn't been here in over a week, at least not posting, but she stays pretty busy with various responsibilities and activities, I think.

I hope that Sally is doing OK and will be back here soon.

No word from or about renee.

Anyone remember or know anything about Jiane, by the way? She had the signature line "Keep your stick on the ice." I believe she wasn't doing very well and she vanished from here.

One problem with a message board is that those posting are often the ones who feel well enough to be here posting while those who are doing badly aren't up to checking in. Or they might just be busy or tired of message boards or mad at us. There's no way of knowing.
    I remember Jiane, well the name at least.

My middle son was up here for a few days.

He took me out shopping and to look at new furniture and wore me out. He finally found a job...Yay!!!

Now both of my sons with drivers licenses are working, I wish they would come up more often to see me. I know, I know, a normal parent's lament.

Yes, proud parent that I am of my older two, now to get a fire started under my youngest. I have 2 appointments with the school district before the week is out, one tomorrow and one on Friday. Ugh

As if my life isn't stressful enough right now.
    Last edited by jendie; 04-12-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Wanted to fix spacing

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

There you are Jeanie. I am glad to hear that Andy is seeing a lady. I hope she is really a nice person. He deserves a real nice lady friend.

Jendie, hope you get through the meetings at the school without too much stress. Your life has been stressful enough lately, but I was glad to hear that the older two sons now both have jobs. With drivers license and a way to get there they just may begin to come to see you more often.

Thanks Agate for update on the people you know about. I expect Nuthatch may be expecting at least one of her children home for Easter.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Here it is, Thursday, the 13th. It just has to be bad, just from the sound of it!

My grass DID get cut. The only mower I could hear was running SUPER fast which was needed I'm sure, to cut it as long as it got.

I'm watching the black channel on TV. They show better movies than anyone else, late at night. Race and skin color means NOTHING. We are all just fragile humans trying to get by in this world. It's not easy for anyone.

Well, back to the movie.

Sam, what's that echo?

Neil deGrasse Tyson

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually here it's Wednesday the 12th.

I watch movies too but on DVDs from the library. I sometimes watch movies set in Chicago so I won't get homesick. I watched "Medium Cool" which is set during the 1968 Democratic convention there, and I'm still watching episodes of "The Goodwife" though I'm on the final season now. It takes place in Chicago too.

jendie, congratulations on your sons' jobs. Jobs aren't so easy for younger people to find nowadays. I'm sure your youngest son will get his ducks in a row pretty soon.

Jeanie, that's good news about Andy and the lady in his life.

And now for this little Easter story:

A man is driving down the highway and sees a rabbit in the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid hitting it but unfortunately he hits it. The driver is a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, but to his dismay the rabbit is the Easter rabbit and he is dead.

The man is overcome with emotion and starts to cry. But then a beautiful lady pulls alongside and asks what is wrong.

After he has explained how he has accidentally killed the Easter bunny, to his amazement the young lady pulls an aerosol can out of her handbag, sprays it all over the rabbit, the rabbit gets up, hops away, and keeps waving, stopping, hopping, waving until he is out of sight.

The man is astonished, and he demands the young lady tell him what is in the can.

The lady turns the can around so that the man can read what it says:

Hair spray--restores life to dead hair and adds permanent wave.
    Last edited by agate; 04-12-2017 at 10:25 PM.
    If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
    --Lewis Carroll

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

What was that loud groaning sound I heard?

I've done so much today, before you guys even got up! I went to the store, for beer and cat litter. Odd combo, eh"

I've been having trouble with Seven pooping on the floor, RIGHT in front of the litter box. But I've watched her, and she sticks her head in the door, sniffs, then backs up and poops.

I figured it was time to dump the litter, and start fresh. She ended up doing the same thing. So today, I went and bought a big box of unscented litter. Took both litter boxes, washed and dried them to make sure there was no scent of the old scented litter.

Filled both with the unscented litter, and I wait with fingers crossed. If she continues doing it, then so be it. I won't put her down. Her time may be close anyway, and she is doing and acting like she never has.

My mom had Alzheimer's, and became a different person completely. I think Seven has a cat version of Alzheimer's.

So that's it from here in Cat land. Everyone have a great day!

Neil deGrasse Tyson

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast