Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whhelchairs

Distinguished Community Member

Tell him you need it for any long distance... Criteria USED to be "no more than two car lengths" without assistance. And explain that you need it for shopping, going to church, whatever long distance. And see if he is agreeable. The worst reply is no...and you're back to looking on Craigslist, or ebay, or a local shopper newspaper...or buying new.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my experience the medical equipment places are fairly eager to sell you a chair and will be happy to call your doctor to ask for the rx but of course you'll want to discuss it with the doctor first.
    There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
    --Jane Austen, Emma

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I had that "need it in the house" requirment when I got my scooter. Crazy. Of course it's to use outside. I had no problem. The neurologist and the dealer both knew the magic words.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had that "need it in the house" requirment when I got my scooter. Crazy. Of course it's to use outside. I had no problem. The neurologist and the dealer both knew the magic words.

ANN
    That sounds like when I got the referral for my scooter. The dr knew what to write on the referral. I'm still wondering how much longer I'll need to wait, but I'm not worried.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thanks for all the good tips. I see him in four weeks and will talk to him about it.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234