Keep on Moving: March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Moving: March 2017

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can egg each other on.

Navigating with a manual wheelchair can be a workout for the arms, particularly if there are heavy doors to be held open or carpeting to roll the chair on or furniture I have to move. I try to be rested and in shape when I'm going to be propelling my chair.

Is anyone else having trouble getting access to the emoticons here? I click on [More] at the right of the message window but get nowhere.
    Last edited by agate; 03-02-2017, 04:36 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I got up, walked to the bathroom, then to my son's room, then the kitchen and made my breakfast.

Agate, the emoticons work just fine for me. I hope they are playing nicely for you now.
      s
      Jendie
      I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

I may win the prize today (please, not a mouse): I went w my friend Ann and had lunch and walked around the Museum of Fine Arts for 3 hours!

Legs are OK but I am not home an hour yet.

Tired & Proud,
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

My goodness Ann!!! Three hours of walking after having lunch out - that is just unreal. Well, for the last few years it has been unreal for me, but it use to be normal.

Congratulations! (emoticon for Agate)
          Virginia

Comment

Wow Ann! That's amazing. Jealous that you can do that. But also very thrilled for yoU :)

Comment

Museum payback today. ;-(

ANN

Comment

Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                Museum payback today. ;-(

ANN
                Dang. Hate that payback.

Comment

Yes BBS payback is bad, but she had a good time, so maybe worth it.

Well, I didn't do as well as Ann, but I did go out for almost 3 hours, just not walking all that time. I was in and out of stores. I went to Costco to Pharmacy, then I went to K-Mart to pharmacy, then to Home Depot to purchase my quarterly air filters for the house, then to grocery store and then to Panera to pick up dinner for tonight. It was quite a bit of driving this time because Costco is not that close to home, so I was in the car much of that time.
                  Virginia

Comment

That's a long trip, Virginia.

Is Costco's pharmacy particular low in prices? Do you have to join to use it?
                    ANN

Comment

Ann, you do not have to join it to use their Pharmacy. I am not a member because I would not go that far and I do not shop in bulk for just me. I go to the pharmacy for one medicine only. It is my sleep aid. If I get it through another pharmacy I have to pay about $200.00 for 90 day supply. There it is about $20.00. If I get it through my insurance I can only get a 30 day supply and I don't want to have to go to the pharmacy every 30 days and the co-pays would be about what the $20.00 is. However, I have asked about other medications there and they are as high as at other Pharmacies. Even the Pharmacist does not know why they have this particular drug that cheap. I have been doing this for about 7 or 8 years.
                      Virginia

Comment

:) Also Tweeker if I fall down I cannot get up by myself. I now weigh 218 and it is hard for my son to get me up as I can't really help him. I am one broken bone away from a nursing home.

I still drive and do my own grocery shopping. I ride my little house scooter to my 17 year old van, lock the house scooter to the carport pole and drive, then get the big scooter out with the ramp. I hang the grocery bags on the handle bars to get them in the house. I buy Lean Cuisine dinners or others and use the microwave or toaster oven to do meals.

Getting up the energy to dress and go shop is hard and I put things off a lot. Still I am grateful for what I can still do. It would be nice to socialize but I do not have the extra energy for that. Coming on this board everyday is my socializing. Y'all are like family. Jeanie :)

Copied from Feb and moved here.

Comment

I talked myself out of swimming today. It seems like if I work, even for just a few hours, swimming seems to be too much. Plus, I want to go surfing in the morning and I don't want to reduce the chance that I'll be able to drive in the morning. I use the term surfing loosely, because the forecast suggest that the waves will be very big and chaotic and not Surfable.

So instead, I came home and did a little bit of storage room cleaning. Not much exercise, but that will have to do. Next week, I have a few days off of work, and that will be great. I can swim those days and then rest.

Long ago, I learned it was impossible to control MS. So I try to control wellness, as best as I can. That's getting harder re excersise. I watch my food intake like a hawk, it's pretty much the only thing I can control I suppose.

Comment

I didn't sleep last night because today was my MUCH needed payday. I hit the road before 7am. First stop was the ATM. Then to the grocery store. I had just left and went to CVS for my meds, then remembered I needed stamps to mail off all my bills.

So back in the store, and got a book of stamps, put them on the bills, and headed to the post office. The dump is just before the post office, so I dropped off my 1 bag of trash there, then to the post office.

I came home and unloaded the many groceries, then put everything away. After that, it was cat chores time. I bought a bag of new dry food for them today, and they loved it. They also got sliced turkey, and cheese.

Since then, I've sat on the bed doing nothing. I've yet to go to sleep, and will TRY to stay up until close to my normal bedtime.

It all SOUNDS good, but I will spend the weekend doing as little as possible!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

That's a lot of activity Howie.

Comment

Working...
                              X