Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: March 2017

Distinguished Community Member

Ann, you do not have to join it to use their Pharmacy. I am not a member because I would not go that far and I do not shop in bulk for just me. I go to the pharmacy for one medicine only. It is my sleep aid. If I get it through another pharmacy I have to pay about $200.00 for 90 day supply. There it is about $20.00. If I get it through my insurance I can only get a 30 day supply and I don't want to have to go to the pharmacy every 30 days and the co-pays would be about what the $20.00 is. However, I have asked about other medications there and they are as high as at other Pharmacies. Even the Pharmacist does not know why they have this particular drug that cheap. I have been doing this for about 7 or 8 years.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Also Tweeker if I fall down I cannot get up by myself. I now weigh 218 and it is hard for my son to get me up as I can't really help him. I am one broken bone away from a nursing home.

I still drive and do my own grocery shopping. I ride my little house scooter to my 17 year old van, lock the house scooter to the carport pole and drive, then get the big scooter out with the ramp. I hang the grocery bags on the handle bars to get them in the house. I buy Lean Cuisine dinners or others and use the microwave or toaster oven to do meals.

Getting up the energy to dress and go shop is hard and I put things off a lot. Still I am grateful for what I can still do. It would be nice to socialize but I do not have the extra energy for that. Coming on this board everyday is my socializing. Y'all are like family. Jeanie :)

Copied from Feb and moved here.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

I talked myself out of swimming today. It seems like if I work, even for just a few hours, swimming seems to be too much. Plus, I want to go surfing in the morning and I don't want to reduce the chance that I'll be able to drive in the morning. I use the term surfing loosely, because the forecast suggest that the waves will be very big and chaotic and not Surfable.

So instead, I came home and did a little bit of storage room cleaning. Not much exercise, but that will have to do. Next week, I have a few days off of work, and that will be great. I can swim those days and then rest.

Long ago, I learned it was impossible to control MS. So I try to control wellness, as best as I can. That's getting harder re excersise. I watch my food intake like a hawk, it's pretty much the only thing I can control I suppose.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I didn't sleep last night because today was my MUCH needed payday. I hit the road before 7am. First stop was the ATM. Then to the grocery store. I had just left and went to CVS for my meds, then remembered I needed stamps to mail off all my bills.

So back in the store, and got a book of stamps, put them on the bills, and headed to the post office. The dump is just before the post office, so I dropped off my 1 bag of trash there, then to the post office.

I came home and unloaded the many groceries, then put everything away. After that, it was cat chores time. I bought a bag of new dry food for them today, and they loved it. They also got sliced turkey, and cheese.

Since then, I've sat on the bed doing nothing. I've yet to go to sleep, and will TRY to stay up until close to my normal bedtime.

It all SOUNDS good, but I will spend the weekend doing as little as possible!
    "Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon."

Frank Zappa

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That's a lot of activity Howie.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

I amaze myself sometimes. But I simply HAVE to do it all because these darn cats don't help out a bit!

Frank Zappa

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today was laundry. Eleven one flight trips between 2nd floor (bedrooms), first floor and cellar ( laundry).
    I have ice on my right knee.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, have you tried a heating pad instead of ice? Just wondering, not advising. Howie is curious about everything.

Frank Zappa

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I use ice for inflamation in regard to the knee. For many other things, I use heat.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Just as predicted it was too windy to surf. The board would've been like a kite, too dangerous. But it was nice to sit and watch it with a friend.

I took the opportunity to start to clean out my storage room at home. Some wonderful memories, mostly discardable junk. It was good to do it, but I am guessing it will be followed by a four hour rest, of which I am an hour into it. So ridiculous. But such is MS.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast