Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT March Chit Chat

Hello out there, <waving>

How goes the battles, we winning yet ?

Things are fine at the farm, bought more cattle,, on Craigslist,, we buy all kinds of stuff there, Sam my Springer,, I bought from a breeder, and she called 2 weeks later, asking me to give a 3 legged Springer a home >>free , but someone else snatched her up..

weather, we had snow, and rain and sleet and hail, all in one day, now its a muddy mess out there

later then,, keep on keeping on
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Peg getting us started on another month. Isn't this the windy month? Lambs and lions, oh my!

Last month was a no money month, and I did my checks for this month last night, and it was $500 not counting the electric bill which I haven't gotten yet. Easy come, easy go.

I didn't sleep last night. I took my sleep med, and it did nothing. But I'll bet I sleep good tonight...or this afternoon if it does like last time.

A little chilly at night, but around 70 during the day. I wish every day was like that. Guess I would have to move to California to even get close!

Have a great day, and a darn good month!
    Help, I've floored it and I can't let up!

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Special thanks to Peg for starting us off on a new month.We might even get milder weather now and then since it's getting on towards spring, and that would be very nice. Not so many heavy clothes to wear.Lower electric bills are nice too. I'll be getting the bad news about my electric bill soon. This is about the time when the new rate is settled for a year. It gets averaged out so I pay the same amount every month. Some years it goes down but this year I'm sure it will go up because the winter has been colder than usual. Flowers, sunshine, and baby birds should be coming along any day now, and Daylight Saving Time on March 11-12. Take it easy but take it, as the saying goes.
    Last edited by agate; 03-01-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cattle on Craigslist! I love that!

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I don't know anything about Craigslist, but if there's cattle selling, my sister has probably used it.

We had a little excitement here today. A mouse got in. Must have been a pretty dumb mouse to break into a house with two cats. They caught it earlier, but in the passing it back and fourth playing with it, Seven let it get away.

But awhile later, Sam woke me up from a nap to tell me she had caught the mouse, and it was dead. I took a paper towel, and threw it in the toilet, and down he went. Then I came back, and made over Sam who was so proud, and eating up the praise I was giving her.

As with all mouse and bird victims, the don't bite it to kill it, the little critter just goes into shock, and dies.

I have two good cats, but you already knew that, didn't you?
    Help, I've floored it and I can't let up!

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As with all mouse and bird victims, the don't bite it to kill it, the little critter just goes into shock, and dies.

I have two good cats, but you already knew that, didn't you?
    When I was a child we had a cat that would go outside through the window in my mom's bedroom. One day she brought in a bird that she tore apart in front of the bathroom door, feathers and gore that I let my mom clean up. I was a horrible 7 year old.

As an adult I had a cat that so kindly bought in a live garter snake and dropped it in the living room . I don't have a problem with snakes, but this one tried to hide under the stereo/turntable so I had to catch and release it back in the yard before it hid in a less accessible area. I loved living in the sticks, lots of great wildlife, deer, quail, rabbits, garter snakes, and so on. I had 2 cats and 1 dog at the time. I miss that house.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thanks Peg and happy March to you! Never heard of cattle on Craigslist, but then I am not in the market for any.

It has been so hot here. In the 80s today. I had wanted to go to two drug stores and do a little grocery shopping, but last night the weather forecast was for high wind gusts this afternoon - about 35 to 40 miles per hour. I stayed home and did a little work here and I haven't noticed the wind blowing at all.

All this talk of wild creatures. If a mouse gets in my house, I promise you everyone on here will hear me scream. I can not stand a mouse. Everyone that goes under my house to do any work I tell them to seal the holes up so I will not get a mouse and when the house was being built I came over and constantly reminded the workers that I wanted all holes sealed.
    Virginia

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

You flushed the mouse down the toilet? Hmmm.

Why not just put it outside and let the scavengers take care of it? Or do you live in the city? If so, put it in your trash?

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

My mom has an in and out cat that is always leaving varmits, bunnies ;-(, and birds on the front porch. She picks up the gifts w the bag the newspaper comes in, ties it off and puts it in the trash.

I loved the buying cattle on Craig's list, Peg.

Recently my universal remote died and it wasn't the batteries. It's for my very old technics tuner (radio) and CD changer. We couldn't find a new one that would work. I still have the original technics one, also dead. Peter got the serial number off of it and found many offers for exactly what we needed on eBay. And, voila!, 4 days later it is here!

Who saves old remotes for things they don't have? People do and I am glad.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Technology is moving much too fast for many of us. You get something all bright and shiny and new and the next thing you know it's so obsolete that there are no replacement parts made for it. I've had this happen with all too many things.

When I lived in a place where there were mice, my cat was really enjoying middle-of-the-night chases, and was depositing a somewhat stunned and probably injured mouse on my bed. For the few second before the mouse took off again in their game, I was wondering what I would do with the mouse if it died.I thought about putting it down the toilet but thought it might block up the plumbing and turn out to be a big problem.I decided I'd wrap it in paper towels and put it in with the garbage out on the back porch.

Virginia, I should have warned you not to read this post.

I believe you can buy almost anything on craigslist. Maybe even mice but I haven't tried.
    Last edited by agate; 03-01-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast