Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

And some news about someone who has never had a SS number, Sam scored TWO tonight! I had already gone to bed hoping to get a little sleep, but I heard the "I got one" meow coming down the hall, then into the room, so I turned the light on, and there she was with a mouse in her mouth.

I got that one from her, and it wasn't 5 minutes, here she comes with another. She is now curled up on my lap. The hunter needs her rest.

I've decided to just stay up all night, and begin my payday run at 7:00am. It was all I could think about lying here trying to sleep. I wish I at least had a cup of coffee, not to stay awake, but I love to have coffee to start the day.

Sleep on sleepyheads.
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'll check the mail on my way to the doctor.
    Hopefully before any further funds are deposited in your account?

Sounds like you had a family of mice move in over the winter!
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 03-03-2017 at 01:19 AM.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cool

I got EVERYTHING done but one thing, and I just thought of it a minute ago. I didn't stop at the mailbox. I forgot about the bank statement being there. But I was too worn out to do it. I had to get everything unloaded and put away. I promise I'll go before the weekend is over. Just keep nagging....I mean...reminding me.

I'm having a mug of coffee with the wonderful French Vanilla Creamer....ahhhhh...
    Roswell was a gift.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I still have my tonsils, for some reason I don't have a smallpox vaccine scar, but my sis did (13 months younger than I am); cats I've owned weren't great hunters inside the home when needed, but they brought prizes home and deposited them on the porch. Ice cream any time of the day and I haven't had my coffee yet. I need to remedy that

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

When I use to let these two out, Sam the hunter did the same thing. All her kills were deposited on the front porch, right in front of the door so I would see the "kill of the day".

Mice, and shrews, and unfortunately birds. I would always praise her, but when she killed birds, I fussed at her and told her NO. That's a hard one to give up. It's just in her nature to catch birds. A few I actually saved, but most............
    Roswell was a gift.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

From mid-2000 - late '02 I was living in a townhouse apartment. It was under new ownership during the end of our time there and they redid the yard and landscaping. We had mice come into the apartment. I'm guessing that their underground nests were disturbed and they were looking for a new refuge. We had an adolescent kitten that didn't know what to do with the mice. He just sat around and watched them scurry around the living room.

We had to resort to setting traps since the landlord didn't think it was his business to stop the invasion of the building.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thumbs down

Didn't think it was his business? What a jerk!!!
    Roswell was a gift.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, you just got to find where those ugly, dirty, disease carrying creatures are getting in and fix this hole. They can come in a hole as small as the end of a pencil. Just ask me anything you want to know about these little horrible things.

When I told you about the mouse trap deal with my husband putting onion for bait, what I did not tell is that I called an exterminator to come to my house. I called a company that was owned by a man that went to the church I was a member of. One of his workmen came out and went all over the house, up in the attic and all around and told me that I did not have a mouse problem. He told me he could exterminate my house and charge me, but he said the man that was the owner of the business had told all his employees that they were never to do that. To always be honest. He did not know that the owner and I went to the same church. He explained to me all about mice and what tiny spaces they can come in. They scruch their bodies up and make them long and thin. By the way, if any are leaving alive they will come back in spite of Sam. They have homing instincts.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Yesterday when I went out the wind was blowing and it was cool. We were supposed to have a wind storm the day before, but I think it came yesterday. I had just fixed my hair and it was all over the place.

Last night I got to use my fireplace and it is cool today and going to get colder tonight than last night so I am getting ready to go turn it on again. I think I will also get to use it again tomorrow night. Then back to "summer" time.

A neighbor posted a photo taken in my neighborhood on March 1st, two years ago, and there was snow all over the ground and shrubs. I just loved it. No the ice and snow, but I just feel so much better in the Winter and cool weather. So it is difficult for me to not dread the heat, humidity and the heaviness that goes with warm weather.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Our first cat, Waif, caught her first mouse .... decided she really didn't want to eat it..."ugh! All that fur in my mouth!!!"....so instead she'd tear them apart, and leave little mouse bits around the house for us to find. An arm here, leg there, a tail, the insides.... we lived in an old farmhouse with plenty of mouse entrances, so she kept busy. But rather than risk stepping on mouse bits (she mainly hunted at night) we trained ourselves to wake upon hearing her muffled cry.leap out of bed, grab the dead mouse from her, give her a treat, and toss the mouse out the window.

Molly Cat used to catch rats. We lived in the city where rats were abundant. She was an outdoor cat. She'd kill the rats
    , then bring them home, laying them on the path outside the back door.

Our recently departed Cindy and now Tuffy, catch mice (we're in the country again..different house, but still mice) catch them and would eat them if we let them, but mice carry worms and other bugs not good for cats. But the other two?? One is scared, and hides under the couch. The other would try to make the mouse his friend! 😁

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast