Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Peter is home. I told him that Peg in Iowa bought their spring cattle. Guess where? He immediately said, " Walmart."

Not yet but maybe someday.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I went through the moving technology with my music collection. I started with 8-track, then cassette caught on, so I switched to that, and built a large collection of music. Then along came CDs.

I still have the cassette collection, but my only cassette player is in the living room, but I never go in there. I live in my bedroom. I have a large collection of DVDs in here, plus a smaller collection of CDs. A Sony 5-way stereo with a subwoofer. Oh, and 2 TVs, one hooked to my multiple antennas and the DVD player, and the other is hooked to a Fire Stick if you know what that is.

What's strange is, I've about lost the desire to hear music, and TV is mostly watching 2 channels even though I get 40 channels. Age I guess.

ONE MORE DAY TO PAYDAY!!!

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Testing for emoticons--Howie's shopping list for when the money gets there:

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

But that's only the first day of shopping. I go back a second day to get everything I forgot the first day. And I finally make a list when I go to the grocery store and STILL forget to get things. DOH!!!

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Well, now you have the emoticons to guide you. I couldn't find the emoticon for pet food or sliced turkey or whatever it is that those cats of yours keep putting away.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Testing for emoticons--Howie's shopping list for when the money gets there:

This reminds me that I need to go shopping. I got paid today and couldn't remember what I wanted at the grocery store other than ice cream because it's on sale. I'll see if any of my friends can take me on a Costco run this week.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Ice cream is good. I could easily eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Does anyone besides me recall having tonsils out as a child and being told, "After you have your tonsils out you can eat all the ice cream you want?"

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

I still have all the parts I was born with....knock on wood!!!

I give the cats Oven-roasted White Turkey. I'm out just like I'm out of everything. I can make one more meal for tomorrow, then it's PAYDAY!

And I will definitely get more turkey! My big girl Seven just came meowing up the hall, and she was saying "I GOT ONE TOO" and sure enough she did. I talked her into the bathroom, and dropped it so it ran down where floor meets wall, and with a paper towel in hand, I snatched it up, and......you know...glug...glug!!!

I have no idea where they are getting in, but I'll get some of that spray foam, and seal everything I can find. And I'll put up a sign for the mice.....You will find no food in here, only death!!! I'll bet that will scare them off.

Mice can read, can't they? I'll write real small.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ice cream is good. I could easily eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Does anyone besides me recall having tonsils out as a child and being told, "After you have your tonsils out you can eat all the ice cream you want?"
    ((((((agate)))))) ~

I do! And I did!

While we're reminiscing ~ who among us had a smallpox vaccination? Mine was on my back shoulder and left an ugly scar, which wasn't very attractive in sleeveless attire. I think it finally disappeared sometime in my 50s.

Ah ... the good ol' days, eh?

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, now you tell me!!!

The angriest I ever remember being with my husband was one time when we had cable installed in our house. A mouse came up through the tiny cable hole they had drilled. My husband was in bed and I was up in the den reading. I went and got him up, grumbling naturally, but he came and set a mouse trap. After about two days there still was no mouse in the trap. I kept saying "it's still in the house". I looked at the trap and he had put a piece of onion on it. He wanted to see if a mouse would eat onion he said. I got so mad, I was furious. He reset it with cheese and I again was reading after he went to bed. I had my feet up on the couch and I heard the trap go off. I made him get up again. I would not wait until the following morning. MEN!!!!
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast