Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marinol

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Default Marinol

BCBS approved me for Marinol. Next step is to ask pharmacy what the price is. ....hoping it helps, kind of worried about side effects. I heard it can make you high , or very anxious. which I wouldn't like at all.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It can make you high according to Drugs.com:

Very common (10% or more): Feeling high/easy laughing, elation, heightened awareness (up to 24%)
    Common (1% to 10%): Euphoria, paranoid reaction, abnormal thinking
    Frequency not reported: Anxiety/nervousness, confusion, depersonalization, hallucinations, depression, nightmares[Ref]
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I sure could use some tonight, I'm bored!
    "Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon."

Frank Zappa

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((BBS)))))) ~

Here's what our Drug Link says about Marinol:

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a607054.html

If Marinol causes you to get high, you might as well take a plant-based THC/CBD gel cap. I would suspect that the plant-based gel cap would cause less side effects than the synthetic THC in Marinol.

Since it can potentially cause a high or euphoria, then why is it legal federally, when the plant is not? If both accomplish the same thing, then what's the difference? Big Pharma.

The current administration and Attorney General are chomping at the bit to criminalize MJ for recreational use and overrule states, in which voters chose legalization. So much for "State's rights, and let the states decide," often touted by the people in the administration. Let the states decide not to accept Medicaid funding or implement the federal IHSS program for disabled and elderly folks to remain in their homes. Sure. That's fine. But don't let the voters decide whether they want to legalize MJ.

I hope it works for you without any adverse side effects. I think you should still pursue a visit with the MMJ doctor, when she is certified. There are many options and dosages available, and she should be able to guide you to the right one.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((BBS)))))) ~

Here's what our Drug Link says about Marinol:

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a607054.html

If Marinol causes you to get high, you might as well take a plant-based THC/CBD gel cap. I would suspect that the plant-based gel cap would cause less side effects than the synthetic THC in Marinol.

Since it can potentially cause a high or euphoria, then why is it legal federally, when the plant is not? If both accomplish the same thing, then what's the difference? Big Pharma.

The current administration and Attorney General are chomping at the bit to criminalize MJ for recreational use and overrule states, in which voters chose legalization. So much for "State's rights, and let the states decide," often touted by the people in the administration. Let the states decide not to accept Medicaid funding or implement the federal IHSS program for disabled and elderly folks to remain in their homes. Sure. That's fine. But don't let the voters decide whether they want to legalize MJ.

I hope it works for you without any adverse side effects. I think you should still pursue a visit with the MMJ doctor, when she is certified. There are many options and dosages available, and she should be able to guide you to the right one.

Love & Light,

Rose
    No offense but I believe recreational use is considered separate from medical use by many whether or not that is true. Some just want to keep it out of the hands of teens and other drug addicted adults who have no medical use for it.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    No offense but I believe recreational use is considered separate from medical use by many whether or not that is true. Some just want to keep it out of the hands of teens and other drug addicted adults who have no medical use for it.
    I think the political/ legal part of decisions can not be ignored. Alcohol is legal and much abused. I would much rather encounter someone who is stoned than someone who is drunk. It is certainly a benefit to all of us f people are in a sate of euphoria than anger. How many abusive husbands are stoned? How many are drunk? The population wants mj yet the powers that be only want to pour alcohol down our throats. Why is that?
    Last edited by Lazarus; 02-25-2017 at 02:58 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I think the political/ legal part of decisions can not be ignored. Alcohol is legal and much abused. I would much rather encounter someone who is stoned than someone who is drunk. It is certainly a benefit to all of us f people are in a sate of euphoria than anger. How many abusive husbands are stoned? How many are drunk? The population wants mj yet the powers that be only want to pour alcohol down our throats. Why is that?
    Never said it made sense LOL. :)
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

My pharmacy said my copay is only $20 this morning. It was >$600 if Medicare had not authorized it. So, I will pick it up Monday and I will try it on a day of no work etc in order to monitor side effects,

Pharmacist said my dose is los, and likely I won't feel stoned on it, so I hope she is right. I will post here after I try it. She rec trying it in the evening. Not sure why though.

Yes I will still keep my appointment with the MD to learn more about medical MJ and CBD oil. Bet she also knows about Marinol, and if not, that would say something about her limited knowledge base.

I too noticed that states rights only seem to count if they're consistent with the politicians agenda.

And the hypocrisy of allowing alcohol, while treating MJ like a lethal narcotic is breathtaking.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    She rec trying it in the evening. Not sure why though.
    My thought is that it's because you'll be able to stay at home and relax while you assess how it's affecting you.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile Pot brownies

:) Years ago I attended a party that had a long table filled with goodies to eat and plenty of drinks. I ate two brownies. Soon I began to feel anxious, scared and not sure if I was dying. I went into one of their bathrooms and sat on the floor for a long time.

Finally I felt normal enough to drive myself home. I did not know those were pot brownies. That is one way to not have to smoke pot but probably a half of a brownie would have been enough. Jeanie :)

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast