Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marinol

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

The past two days I dosed the Marinol 30 minutes before surfing and then again six hours later. It did take the edge off the spasm feelings and neuropathy.

At my next visit in May with neuro Inwill discuss whether an increased dose, I am on lowest, is warranted to try.

I also don't know whether it's okay to take it only on days I need it. I know you can't do that with Baclofen. That you cannot just stop Baclofen cold turkey as you risk medical problems like seizure. Anyone know re Marinol?

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

This medicine does help with your condition only for the right amount of taking. Are worried of getting high? Don't be, as long as you are on the right dosage less worries.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Update on Marinol. I had cut it back for a couple of weeks, only taking it as needed rather than consistently. That was okay.

Then I had the big attack on May 12th. Doc told me to do Marinol 5mg twice a day. It's so hard to know whether the stabilization of symptoms is due to one, two or all three changes in doses of Baclofen, Marinol and Tizanidine.

If you take the combo, try not to take all three at the same time. I did it and I felt a bit stoned and my blood pressure dropped very low. Rookie mistake, but nowhere did it say not to take at the same time,

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234