Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marinol

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

You should be okay. Here's a link about storage:

http://www.pharmacistanswers.com/mar...onditions.html

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((BBS)))))) ~

That's an excellent link from Vicky. Here's what I found:

http://www.marinol.com/hcp/faq

Since the Marinol was in a bottle, in a bag, in an air conditioned environment, it's probably fine.

I highly recommend meditation for healing, so if you are so inclined, I would encourage you to meditate before you take Marinol, so you can relax and be open to its potential to help you. Deep breathing, in through the nostrils, out through the mouth. Eyes closed. Start at the top of your head and relax your forehead, eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth, chin, neck and so on down to your toes. Every part of your body, relaxed. Breathe in slowly through the nostrils, exhale slowly through the mouth.

It takes some practice, but I guarantee you that it works. I find it particularly helpful, when I'm in the Dentist's chair. She always comments on how relaxed I am, and I remind her that I have this exercise to get me there.

Sending you healing energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you Vicky. That's very hopeful. I will also call pharmacy today for peace of mind. It is not in its original container. Interesting about humidity. Isn't a refrigerator a pretty moist place?!

Thank you Rose re meditate, I do that at dentist, and it didn't occur to me to do it with the Marinol. So, I will!

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

You were right. Pharmacy said no problem.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I guess this is yet another reason for me to NOT use Marinol. CBD oil relieves my pain and stiffness, smoking pot does not.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

The CBD oil hasn't helped me. But, it could be wrong brand or wrong dose. So little guidance out there.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The CBD oil hasn't helped me. But, it could be wrong brand or wrong dose. So little guidance out there.
    Quite possible, but I don't know much about the manufacture of it. I know that the stuff I used was made in my county. Lots of stuff is grown in this area- sweet peas, cabbage (for seed) and consumption, carrots, potatoes, wheat, corn, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (wild and cultivated), blueberries, tulips, apples, pears, cucumbers, spinach. There may be more things, but all this thinking is making me tired.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I started Marinol about 5 days ago. No side effects other than I bit more sleepy at normal sleepy times.

I do think it has helped. It usually takes me 4-6 hours to recover after surfing. Now it's more like two hours. Within about an hour of taking it, I feel the muscles easing up, less tight, and less neuropathy. Instead of lying down all day, I find myself standing up more and taking care of the house ...am up to a noon dose and a 7 pm dose.

I have not yet taken it in the morning Before the day starts , as prescribed , as I am concerned if it might impact driving. Will wait for a day I could take it in a.m. and not have to drive in the morning to see ....

So, if you think it could help you, talk to your doc about it. He Had to get authorization from insurance to get it covered.

No other side effects. No psychoactive side effects except a bit more relaxed, a bit nicer sense of well being.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is such good news! It will be great if you can surf with less of a blast from the MS.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((BBS)))))) ~

Fantastic! I had a strong feeling that you would have success with this, and that you would experience relaxation and the "sense of well being." I hope this leads to you being able to discontinue the Baclofen. And once your doctor is certified, I still recommend that you visit her to discuss the different options and comparison of Marinol to plant-based THC/CBD.

How wonderful to be able to do things you couldn't do before! May it continue to be so!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast