Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marinol

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Jeanie, that's not right to have pot brownies, and not tell your guests. Trying pot should be the decision of the person partaking in it.
    "Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon."

Frank Zappa

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Pretty scary Jeannie. That's what I hope Marinol does NOT do to me.

I am not sure want to do an evening dose. Maybe I will try it on a day I don't work so I can be awake and notice effects. Come to think of it, it might be a three times per day dose.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeanie, that's not right to have pot brownies, and not tell your guests. Trying pot should be the decision of the person partaking in it.
    I couldn't agree more. Jeanie, that story is enough to make me hesitate to accept offered food anywhere. Was it somebody's idea of a joke? Very bad idea.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I arrived a little later than most and the host may have told them but I did not know. I felt so awful I was afraid I was dying. I was in the bathroom for a long time before I began to feel semi normal. When I told the host later on the phone that I had overdosed on brownies he said he wishes I would have told them and they would have made me coffee, etc. They decided to put a sign on them in the future. Jeanie :)

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

I can just imagine. It would scare the heck out of someone not expecting it who didn't know what was happening.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

Criminalizing marijuana to keep it out of the hands of teens and addicted adults is, in my opinion, a fallacious argument by the government. We'd probably all be shocked to know exactly how easy it is for teens to access pot, and how many teens in the U.S. use it. Underage drinking is illegal, but plenty of teens drink alcohol. Remember the Speechless episode, where the kids were drinking at a party? His parents were a little proud that their disabled teen was "normal."

The current administration wants to privatize prisons, so keeping recreational MJ illegal increases the prison population.

We have an opioid epidemic in the U.S., which needs to be addressed, as well as a problem with meth labs. MJ is not a problem, compared to these two issues.

BBS ~

Since you are nervous about taking Marinol, perhaps you should just take one and allow 24 hours to see what your reaction is. You may not need to take 3/day. I always think it's wise to start with the lowest dose and work up to the full dose with certain medications, which can be taken that way.

It's probably a good idea to take it at the same time everyday, and I would guess it should be taken on a full stomach. It might make you drowsy, so plan on a quiet, uneventful day. No driving. You might get hungry, so have some nutritious snacks on hand.

I don't think that Marinol is nearly as scary as many of the pharmaceuticals given to treat spasticity and neuropathy, as well as MS. I would rather give THC/CBD to my son than the three poisonous drugs he takes to control his seizures, which have caused his physical deterioration over the years. And, all three interact with just about every pharmaceutical in existence, including antibiotics. It's too late now to try this as an option for Jon.

One of his seizure meds is Valproic Acid. Its chemical make up is derived from Valerian Root. Decades ago, I found research describing the basis of most pharmaceuticals was taken from naturally growing plants on Earth.

If you can, try to relax and keep an open mind about this option. It will probably help you in tolerating it better. I pray that it works for you.

Jeanie ~

I agree with Howie that your friends should have informed you that they were serving pot brownies. I'm sorry that you had that experience. Edible MJ is typically described as more potent than other forms of delivery. And you definitely ate too many!

Healing prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

As always, I enjoyed your post Rose. Good advice on the Marinol dosing.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

The pharmacy delivered it to DHs office today. Sadly, they said nothing about the pills needing refrigeration, so I will call them in the morning and ask if it's still good. Sat in a/c all say. GEESH

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

I doubt it's harmed by not being refrigerated. If it needed to be kept cold it probably would have said so on the label.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

It says it on the label. But the bottle was inside a paper bag with other meds.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast