Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ahhhhhhhhh....payday. I slept about 2 hours because I was so hyped up for payday. Last month was a long, no money month, and this month is going to be the same. Bills, bills, bills!

But everything is paid for the month. I mailed a few bills, called on one, and did one online. That one makes me mad. I can't even get into the electric bill site to see what the actual bill is. They went "no paper" a few months ago, and I am just paying blindly, never seeing what's owed.

But they and everyone else got some money, I'm stocked up with groceries, and ready for my second cup of coffee. It's Friday, and the cats and I are ready to party!

Sam, Seven, it's all you can eat turkey day.....chow down!!!
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ground Hog did not see his shadow here today, so that means no more winter. I was so disappointed.
    The ground hog in my area saw his shadow yesterday. It was a brilliantly sunny day here, no to few clouds in the sky. What happened to the weather around here?? It used to be overcast and potentially drizzly around here, but that's not what we've been seeing.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, I don't think Sam should be allowed to get away with catching groundhogs. Their lives are hard enough. How would you like to be dragged out every year just to look for your shadow?

I don't have anything to say about whether or not you should be putting any weight on that ankle. Somebody posted sage advice on that a while back--namely, that Howie is going to do whatever Howie wants to do.

It doesn't matter that the roads are hazardous with more ice today because it was payday for me too, and I can sit here rolling in all of these crisp dollar bills.

Special thanks to Peg, who comes in here every month on the 1st, like clockwork, and gives us a new thread for that month!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody posted sage advice on that a while back--namely, that Howie is going to do whatever Howie wants to do.
    I'll try to keep that in mind so I don't waste any more time.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

As long as we all know that's how I am, then everything's cool!
    Roswell was a gift.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Thumbs down Ramp broken again

:) Last night I fell trying to get my ramp up. I landed on the ramp and am black and blue several spots. Today I went to the mobility place and they said it was fixed and I paid $55.

Then to the grocery store and the ramp would not go in. A bagboy started the engine and pushed the lever to close the ramp. When I came out with my groceries the ramp would not go in. Not with the key, or the remote or the lever on the dash, nothing. It was 4:45 so I called the mobility place and when they closed at 5 the guy came and tried to close the ramp. Nothing worked, so he lifted the ramp up and got in and used the manual lever to close the door.

Luckily I have enough food, etc to last until Monday. He wants me to bring it and leave it Monday.

Andy came at 11 and we went to lunch on the Lake Worth pier at the beach. nice and delicious. Then he gave Lacy a bath and walked her. After that is when I went to the mobility place. I am glad I have no place I have to be and can rest. I am worried about the ramp though and need to trust God to help me with it.

Parts are not available for my 17 year old ramp system, so they have to try to rig it different ways. I hope they can again. Jeanie :)

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie, how terrible!

Does the MS Society ever offer practical assistance for people with your type of problem--someone knowledgeable about the different possibilities that might be open to you who could steer you towards a better arrangement and maybe towards the funding for it?

You need someone who can get you a better deal than this, without you having to wade through the process of calling dozens of different numbers and being given the run-around.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

This rant may better fit in the political thread: I have tried several times over the years to get help from the national MS society, without success. The closest I've gotten is to be inundated with solicitations for money. Their stock answer is "contact your local MS chapter", which then solicited for money, too. The help I've asked for were things like referrals to disabilities attorneys, or places to purchase handicap accessible equipment, or contractors trained in accessible construction, and got no useful information whatever. It was extremely frustrating before the internet,, when such information was,non existent. Now at least I can search the net and generally find some answers.

I no longer suggest to anyone that they contact the MS society, nor do I suggest contributing to them. They talk big, collect a lot of bucks, may fund research, but aren't useful advocates in the lives of everyday people with MS.

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Love n hugs to you !
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Sally! One more day to a Sunday beer!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast