Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT Febuary Chit Chat

Howdy Doody,,

How goes the battles,,,, its going here,, good days/then not so good days,, cellulitis,, is still with me,, was hoping it would clear up by now, but was told its a long drawn out process,,,:-(

Weather is such a mystery,, we have some intense storms,,{snow}, then it warms to the high 40's and melts, and it rains,, so we basically have had all 4 seasons, in the month of January,.,:-)

We are getting our greenhouse ready for the garden, and deciding what we are going to plant,,this sneaks up on a person

better go,, later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

What types of plants will you be starting ? Will you start them from seed. And if so, is it seed from last years sowed plants, or do you buy your seeds?

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What types of plants will you be starting ? Will you start them from seed. And if so, is it seed from last years sowed plants, or do you buy your seeds?
    We do it both ways,, usually we start peppers/tomatoes/zucchinis cabbages and a few noveltys thrown in,our garden is good sized, we can alot and freeze
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Hey Mizz Kitty.

I can. I can get up, and I can go to the dump, and my favorite of all, I can eat.

I'm just getting up at this time of the day. I wouldn't make a very good farmer. And getting anything but automotive grease under my fingernails, just drives me crazy.

The weather is nuts here. One day the high is 72, the next day is 42. Who can't get a cold in that kind of weather? Howie can't. I'm an Indoor Gypsy, it stays the same temperature here inside. It's why we invented houses.

Nothing planned, nothing gained. I wait on payday, and simply exist until then.

Have a great month y'all.
    "Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon."

Frank Zappa

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eating is good, and payday is Friday for me. Hope everyone's paydays happen early and often.

I'm busy with the details that go with the first of the month, including adding up January's expenses.

And getting ready for the inspection coming soon. I hope to clean the oven soon. I've already done a few kitchen cabinets--found a leak in the sink plumbing and was treated to an entire new faucet, including a new spray attachment.

The old spray attachment never worked well but this one puts dishwashing in a whole new light. I can spray the dishes to rinse them off before actually washing them. I can spray them to rinse them after I wash them. I can wash my hair better with this one too.

And "my" insurance company, United Health Care, which handles something called AARP Medicare Complete (my plan), just sent me a notice saying I'm entitled to order $50 worth of medically related supplies every 3 months.

I was going to order a scales but those are only for people with certain conditions. So I'm getting a bathtub rail gizmo that attaches to the edge of the bathtub. That used up $45, and I supplemented it with a toothbrush for $1.

I can't imagine why the insurance people are getting so generous but I have plans for getting a first aid kit and a few other things. Most of the items weren't things I'd normally buy but there will be quite a few things I can order.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hmmm ...I have United Health Care now...but haven't seen any sort of catalog of items. Maybe it will come in the mail.

I've been discharged from outpatient physical therapy, so I guess I'm healed. :) No visiting nurses or aides, no in-home or outpatient therapy. Just me and Tom Cat, struggling along. Guess I better ramp up the exercises...
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

12. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Peg, thanks for starting us off.

Agate, sounds like some good items to pick up for "free". I need some of those items myself. I have United Health Care Supplement which I pay $219.25 per month for and they have not sent me anything on being eligible to get anything. Maybe later they will remember me.

Cat, keep up the exercise! And I should preach to myself because I have not been doing any.

Howie, glad you are eating again. Payday must be right around the corner for you if it is for Agate. I think ya'll usually get paid about the same time.

Personally, I would like to have a little winter. That one cold spell we had back when we got just a little ice and sleet and I was in for 4 or 5 days is all we have had this winter. There are so many nights that I can't even turn my gas logs on because it is too warm. I do not want to go from summer to summer without a nice winter in between. I like the different seasons.
    Virginia

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

We didn't get much summer in the NE. It snowed again today. I'd trade you in a heartbeat, Virginia.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Virginia, Agate and I get paid the same day because she is my hero, and I try to do everything just like she does. Agate spelled sideways is Howie. Both our names end with an E, both our names have 5 letters, are you getting it now?

Vicky, I thought you were going to send me some snow, and each day I leave the mailbox in tears!
    "Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon."

Frank Zappa

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, if Vicky sends you her snow, the tears you're shedding on the way from the mailbox will freeze on your face, and you'll be able to see your breath in a little cloud. You don't really want all of that to happen, do you?

Me, a hero??? Isn't that a type of sandwich?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast