Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: OT January Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

See why I'm so into cars, you never know what they can do....or be!
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

You never know what Howie's cars will run on - sliced turkey???? If gas gets scarce again let's all remember.

Howie, that was a nice story about the Doctor.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuthatch, GREAT pictures. That smiling face could be on baby products ads. SO cute!

I have witnessed a miracle today. I've been giving the cars my sliced turkey, and have been begging for it EVERYTIME I stand up. Today, I bought a new dry food. Came home and dumped the old bowl, and put in the new. When I left the kitchen, they were stuffing themselves with it. Peace, at last!
    Your cars like turkey?!

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

But only sliced, and oven roasted. I know I spoil them, but they pay me back by running well.
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Lightbulb

I am such a busy body. I had ordered an air pump to inflate the tires on Pinky. Well, I just called and cancelled the order. Instead, I'm going to drive to Walmart and get one. The first one ran off your battery. The second one you plug in and it runs on 120 volt, house current. PLUS, it's cheaper.

I HOPE Walmart is still laid out the same. That way, I can park in the back, and a short walk through the flower shop, and come out in the Auto shop where the air pump, should be.

I may not be able to tomorrow because CVS should call me on one of my meds, and I don't want to miss that. Plus it will be raining all day. But I COULD carry the phone out of the house for the first time incase they do call.

The smart thing to do is wait for CVS to call, then go get both, and leave the phone at home.

What a complicated life we do lead,
    when first we try to overachieve.
    Last edited by Howie; 01-02-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie what is the deal w the phone not going out of the house? I had thought it was a cell phone.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

It is, but since I've had it, it's always been on the nightstand beside the bed. That's all I want from it. To make and receive calls. I've never done games or Internet, or anything but use it as a phone in my bedroom.

I do everything I want on this laptop except make and receive phone calls, but all that can be hooked up to use it that way, but I would never do that.

The computer is the computer, and the phone is the phone, and never the twain shall meet!
    Roswell was a gift.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

((((((Howie)))))) ~

Another name for cell phone is "mobile phone." It's okay to take it with you wherever you go, in fact, I recommend it highly. I never leave the house without the cell phone, even when I take my morning walk. You never know when you might have an emergency.

Also, you don't have to wait for CVS to call you. You can call CVS to check on the status of your meds. I call our pharmacy every month for Jon's meds. CVS has an automated phone system, so you have to listen carefully to follow all of the commands (eg., press 1 for pharmacy, press 2 to refill a med, press 3 to find out the status of your prescription, etc.). Those aren't the exact numbers, and your CVS might be different than ours, but it's easy to get the information on your prescriptions and to talk directly to the pharmacist or assistant.

Just some thoughts that might help you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Thanks Rose. I have used their automated system before. Just the way "I" am, I like things to be as simple as possible. All my meds with CVS are on auto-fill, but one, and now two, will have to be called in each time. They both require the "ok" from my doctor before they can be refilled.

What's cool is because of the delay getting this med, it will be synchronized with the other med, so just one call to CVS to call on 2 meds that require the doctor's okay. I must live a charmed life!
    Roswell was a gift.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, if you took the phone with you, I promise you would feel safer. I have a land line phone that stays at home and a cell phone that I use only when gone from home in case I need to make an emergency call. It is much safer to have a cell phone when you leave home than to be without one.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast