Thread: Merry Christmas

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Default Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone a great holiday with peace and love.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

happy holidays clouds z
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

well i had wonderful Christmas went to church heard a lovely choir had turkey dinner with 20 friends got lots of presents -i was even given a new car
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

just kidding ,none of the above happened

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all ,

you had me there for a minute, clouds!

well, i was extremely late for church (45 minutes), because they changed the regular mass schedule to a different one for Christmas Day, even though it was a sunday.

i went to my boyfriend's family Christmas party last night and today i had dinner with 2 of my children and my ex. my ex and i get along better now than when we were married, prolly because he doesn't drink anymore and perhaps a clearer perspective of exactly what happened has graced his conscience. not being nasty, just sad. my ex lives with my youngest daughter and she called him an unflattering name the other day...not a swear word, but it wasn't nice and i told her it made me sad to hear her talk that way about her dad. she said, "well, you don't live with him, what was i supposed to do, let him be on his own after you left him?" and i said, "i commend you for taking care of your dad, something you didn't have to do, but i didn't leave him because of a dumb reason, i left to save myself and i wasn't the only one responsible for our marriage." so, she didn't say anymore because she knows what the truth is.

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. enough said.

so, 2 different Christmases...but both nice in their own way.

hope yours were, also!

thank you for sharing and caring!
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 12-25-2016 at 08:34 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

at least my lip rash got better--maybe it was the toothpaste i used--i went back to crest--myabe its expfolitive cellulitis

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

clouds i am glad to see something is better wiht you as well. so glad you make it back, you are one of the faithful few who keeps this place going and i appreciate that so much. i hope this upcomminh year is good to us all, healthwise if not money wise. i think my 3 wekk or so hospital more than met our insurance premiums. husband kept referring to donut hole when he was talking about it and i finally saqid what are you talking ablout! i am afraid i still did not understand even after he explained it to me, i just gave up as i knew no matter how many ways he tried to make me understand it it was just notgoing to sink into my hard head, lo.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    at least my lip rash got better--maybe it was the toothpaste i used--i went back to crest--myabe its expfolitive cellulitis

rash caused by hot water i guess

skin all looks almost normal i guess now

nothing a doctor did or told me helped

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    clouds i am glad to see something is better wiht you as well. so glad you make it back, you are one of the faithful few who keeps this place going and i appreciate that so much. i hope this upcomminh year is good to us all, healthwise if not money wise. i think my 3 wekk or so hospital more than met our insurance premiums. husband kept referring to donut hole when he was talking about it and i finally saqid what are you talking ablout! i am afraid i still did not understand even after he explained it to me, i just gave up as i knew no matter how many ways he tried to make me understand it it was just notgoing to sink into my hard head, lo.
    one third of the year already gone