Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CP CHICK ~ Please Check In!

((((((Erin)))))) ~

I am thinking of and praying for you and your loved ones that you are safe and unharmed. I can't even imagine a 7.8 earthquake, nor all of the major aftershocks, and the tsunami you are dealing with in New Zealand.

It wouldn't surprise me if you don't have an internet connection. And if you did, you might not think of stopping by here. But if you do, and when you do, I hope you will post to let us know that you are okay.

We love you and are praying for you and all of your fellow New Zealanders.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Wow! Thanks for posting this Rose I didn't know! Many prayers for all involved. I hope we hear soon from CP Chick...

Comment

Hi Rose! I was looking for an online support group for parents of adult children with disabilities and I just checked in here to see my old friends - sorry I haven't been online here for a long time! E. is fine - she is in Wellington (which was bad enough, but not as bad as Christchurch). Her elevator was out but friends brought over tea, food, kept her company and she offered her spare bed to any friends whose homes were damaged. Thank goodness she is OK! xox Lots of love to you, Mary Grace and to all my old and dear friends at CN2.
      Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
      Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

((((((Donna)))))) ~

Thank you so much for stopping by with this good news. I have been so worried about Erin. I am truly relieved that she is okay. NZ has had so many aftershocks of significant magnitude, plus the tsunami. Frightening beyond my imagination. Our 5.2 quake a couple of years ago was terrifying, so I just can't fathom a 7.8. How wonderful that her friends are helping her. Please let her know that we're all thinking of and praying for her and everyone in NZ.

I know you've been incredibly busy with a million things. Praying all is well with you, Nick, Natalie, and your family.

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Hi Guys! Here is what Erin posted on facebook - some small victories. I can't even imagine.

So much this. It's hard not to feel drained by the last week's events.
          In positive news, last Friday I found my office has an accessible shower on another floor. When I found out, it was just convenient but after the earthquake it's been a saving grace as it means I'm not at risk of falling if an aftershock hits.
          Small victories. ����
          Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
          Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

Hi Rose,
            Thanks so much for your thoughts. Im sorry I haven't checked in for so long. As Donna said, all was fine, just scary. Biggest earthquake I have felt and honestly thought the building was going to collapse for a minute. I was lucky to have a great group of people looking out for me in the days following. Aftershocks continue to hit fairly regularly, but I have had a break from them holidaying with family in my native South Africa. Fingers crossed none of us experience any more big quakes. Thank you again for your concern. Xx
            Enjoying the excitements of life. Looking forward to what's to come! What a ride!

Comment

Glad you are safe and well CPCHICK!
              Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
              My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

((((((CP Chick))))))) ~

Thank you so much for checking in with us and letting us know that you are safe. I'm glad that you're able to have a holiday from the after shocks. I know how that feels from our experience, and our quake was much smaller than yours. It's quite unnerving.

I hope that when you return to New Zealand, the after shocks will have ceased. Enjoy your holiday!

And please stop by every so often to let us know how you are and what is new in your life!

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
                X