Page 253 of 258 FirstFirst ... 153178203223243248249250251252253254255256257258 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2578

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, at this point, anyone with a D by their name get my vote!
    And I don’t think we would be unhappy with that choice! I wish that newspeople would stop handicapping potential candidates by locking them into defined personalities before we even get to know them. In this sense the media is like the Orange One. He demeans his opposition by classifying them with one phrase he hopes will stick.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I agree with all of you about Cory Booker. I like him, and even Chris Christie praises his performance as the Newark Mayor. Sen. Booker stated in his The View interview that he will not take corporate donations, or PACs, etc. That's a very good thing. I appreciated Sen. Booker's stance during the Kavanaugh hearings. He's a fair-minded person, and he is charismatic.

I was just disappointed that he seemed to dance around directly answering the questions asked by the panel. I don't think that it's too early, especially given our current situation with the Oval Office resident, to state platform issues. He knows generally what they are: healthcare, infrastructure, taxes, social services, college tuition, immigration ...

He could have said that he's just launching his campaign and intends to hold town halls around the country to find out what matters most to Americans and base his platform on what he learns.

Instead, he just seemed to float a lot of kumbaya rhetoric and emphasized that it was up to us, the citizens, to create change. President Obama gave us the same message, and people did step up to the plate. But it is up to our elected officials, who are our servants, to implement that change.

Look at the millions of marches we've had in the last 2 years. The activity on social media. The outrage expressed during the Kavanaugh hearings. People are making an effort to create change. But the people in power are ignoring them.

On The 11th Hour last night, Michael Moore said that the Democrats must nominate a candidate "who can crush Trump." I agree with him. We all thought that Hillary was a sure thing. The Russian hacking affected the outcome, but Hillary's campaign was flawed in several ways, including not visiting important states.

Michael Moore said he wished that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez could run for President. I don't know enough about her to have an opinion, other than she's very new on the scene. We need a President with some experience in governing to clean up the messes piling up in the White House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEpl-c78XBs

Cory Booker may be that person. We'll see what happens as the playing field grows.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yes, I agree that we have to see what plays out with Booker and all the candidates. I like Booker. His finest hour may not have been on The View, but I have definitely found him to be honest and decent.

As others have stated if we just get rid of DT. He is scaring me more and more with the things he is doing. I really believe that choosing a candidate should boil down to who will have the best chance of beating him. Even some in his own party are scared by some of his tactics, however they will vote for him regardless. It is no longer country before party with most of the Repubs in the Senate and they will stand by him when push comes to shove.
    Virginia

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Never mind. Wrong comment in the wrong place.. :)
    Last edited by Catdancer; 02-03-2019 at 03:27 PM.

7. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Rose, just watched his The View performance.

I agree, I kept shouting at the tv "but HOW are you going make it better, more unified, etc. etc.? What exactly are you going to DO?"

Not enough specifics!
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 02-03-2019 at 03:33 PM.

9. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for posting. This American Life is worth a lifetime of listening. The Barbara jordan episode which is the second one on the page made me weep for our country’s loss of great leaders.
    Saturdays show was lies i think

im sick of them
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

11. The following user says "thanks"

I think it is a bit early for any candidate to be presenting polocies except in the broadest ways. I don't watch The View....but that might be not the best place to get involved in a policy discussion anyway.. But yes, I would like every candidate to come forward with their positions, compare and contrast those with their opponents, and work to convince they would be the best choice. I think it also would be refreshing for a candidate,in the midst of debating the others in her party, turned to one of them and said something like "we're saying the same things!! We need to sit together, work out our really minor differences, and present a proposal that will emit America...after all, that's what we were elected to do. ..

13. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Cat, I wondered if Booker purposely did not get into policy issues on The View, possibly thinking that was not the best place to do so. So, we were thinking along the same lines.
    Virginia

15. The following 6 users say "thanks"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-u-WISFxE Trump Calls For End of Executing Born Babies and Democrats Stay Seated

so whats this about born babies getting killed and a man in NY stabs girlfriend and her and baby die but hes charge with just one murder?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

I'm not sure how to put this.
    Let me dream.

In a perfect world:
    The more candidates the better -- at this stage. Each would present their own beliefs, approaches, solutions. No negative politics. No I am better than him/her, but what I would do if able. The focus would be on the profile which emerges. As time goes on campaigns with the same agendas would merge.
    Primaries in all states would be on the same day. I believe that currently the early primaries influence the votes in the later primaries, skewing the outcome.
    The party conventions would select a nominee from the various candidates that did best in the primaries.
    The VP would be the runner up, not someone from outside the process.

Also the incumbent should not be holding rallies instead of concentrating on governing. At least not until the end. His/her term should speak for itself.
    Last edited by Parsi; 02-14-2019 at 06:25 AM.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 253 of 258 FirstFirst ... 153178203223243248249250251252253254255256257258 LastLast