Page 175 of 180 FirstFirst ... 75100125145165170171172173174175176177178179180 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1791

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm, some of the Republicans haven't done well in the recent elections. That news has been shoved into the background by this "fabulous" summit meeting that seems to have accomplished nothing except to elevate Kim Jong-Un in the world's estimation, which is just exactly what this petty tyrant wanted.

The White House occupant seems more and more like the stereotypical white boy who can't bear to be outdone in anything by a male with a darker skin. It's not just Obama's Presidency and his achievements during those years that have rankled with Trump--it's also that Nobel Prize, or at least that's how Kellyanne sees it, and Kellyanne seems to say whatever he wants her to say:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/video...-it/vi-AAyAOrL

--Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by agate; 06-13-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Kellyanne definitely says what he wants her to say, even when it goes against what her husband thinks.

Agate, I wasn't aware that the Republicans have lost too much ground in the elections. Some I think, but not what I hoped for. Sanford lost out in S. Carolina, but to another Republican in the primary and you can bet S.C. will go Republican. Sanford had not toed the line like DT wanted him to, so he put in his 2cents in favor of the woman Republican who was running against him.

By the way, why do they STILL have to bring Obama and Hillary into everything in such a negative way. Neither are in office and neither are running for anything that I know of, and yet Republicans still can't leave it alone because their leader DT can't.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

It’s a deflecting tactic.

Like mom catches you in the cookie jar, and you say, But my brother did it TWICE last year.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

By the way, why do they STILL have to bring Obama and Hillary into everything in such a negative way. Neither are in office and neither are running for anything that I know of, and yet Republicans still can't leave it alone because their leader DT can't.
    That's it exactly. The Halo-Haired keeps mentioning Obama, always by comparing in a negative way. I can't think why he's doing this except that maybe he has the mind-set of a boy of about 11 and feels threatened by the very idea that someone whose skin is darker than his might have done a few admirable things.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

They keep bringing up Obama and Clinton because they're racist and misogynist. T has to be "top dog", has to be "better' than anyone else. He has no real agenda except to dismantle anything Obama did, and do it in the most hateful and cruel way possible. Like the prison camp for up to 5,000 CHILDREN that he is proposing, in Texas. Despicable. Deplorable. Outrageous. I don't have any more adjectives. They're an evil group of people running the white house right now.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

On his flight home from Singapore, DT tweeted in response to Robert De Niro’s condemnation of DT during the Tony ceremony. He referred to De Niro as “low IQ.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/u...ro-tweets.html

However, DT declared that Kim Jong Un is “very smart” and praised Kim for taking over the ruling of North Korea at the age of 26. He insisted that Kim “loves his people,” despite Kim’s continuation of the brutality against North Koreans initiated by his grandfather and his father. He claimed that Kim wants to change and “that’s why he’s doing this (the summit).”

Wait. Kim needed to meet with DT to prove to the world that he wants to change? Kim could prove that to the world by actually doing the right thing by “his people.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/polit...ple/index.html

If you haven’t seen it yet, here is the outrageous fake movie trailer, which DT showed Kim during the summit. DT said to Kim, “Imagine a condo there!”

Translation: “Peace! What’s in it for me?! Condos! Hotels! C’mon Kim, you know you’d love that!”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/polit...deo/index.html

And when KellyAnne Conwoman touts DT as a Nobel Peace Prize winner, we all know for certain that we are living in a global Reality TV show. I don’t want to look at her, let alone hear what she has to parrot, er, say.

As for bringing up President Obama and Hillary, I agree with Sunshine. But it is primarily to satiate DT’s avid followers.

DT has never given up the birther conspiracy against Barack.

And DT once socialized with the Clintons and lauded Hillary’s accomplishments. Then, when he announced his bid for the presidency, he stabbed her in the back as many times as he could, which was every time he opened his mouth.

He whipped his followers into a fervor of hatred, racism and misogyny. They weren’t about to let an African American or a woman be the boss of them!

This is laying the foundation for 2020. He must keep his supporters angry with the “liberals and Democrats,” and perpetuate the concept of fake news, while exaggerating his “accomplishments.”

All of this is to counter the Muller investigation. Today, it appears that Michael Cohen is poised to sing like a canary. His attorneys are abandoning him.

And Stormy Daniel’s attorney is on a mission, and he’s not going to let this go any time soon, if ever. He seems to enjoy the spotlight.

What bothers me is the lack of outrage, backlash from the other side. If we’re going to make a stand against this circus, we need to start, well, months ago! Where are all of the voices of the progressives, liberals, even moderates in condeming DT and calling for his removal? Where is Elizabeth Warren? I saw Bernie Sanders a few weeks ago, on one TV show. No news interviews with any of the more prominent Democrats. Nary a word from Hillary or Barack.

What are they waiting for? Armageddon?

If they’re planning a strategic strike, I hope it works.

Meanwhile, I just keep praying to wake up and find that all of this is a horrible nightmare.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I did see Elizabeth Warren a couple of weeks ago and she was having a lot to say.

I think it might possibly hurt things if Hillary speaks out much. A lot of people seem to have a grievance against her and feel that she didn't run a good campaign and that was the reason she lost. I do not feel that way.

I am not sure about Obama. Maybe he too feels he needs to remain out of it for right now.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Anyone on the political scene who speaks out in opposition to Trump is probably in danger of sinking to his level because Trump will unleash a tweetstorm immediately. His remarks are notorious for twisting the facts and inventing others. Who wants to get into a discussion with such a person? He's not reasonable, rational or fair as an opponent in any debate. Just look at what he did to Hillary during that debate where he almost literally stalked her on the stage.

Maybe some of the fiercest opposition to Trump is coming from people who know better than to waste their time talking about him. Maybe they believe that if you give him enough rope, he'll surely hang himself. Chuck Shumer and Nancy Pelosi and others have been setting up quite a hue and cry--but unfortunately they can't must up enough votes for their side.

I believe some of the leading Democrats and other opponents of this administration have often said that the best way to defeat him is to do whatever we can to get more anti-Trump people elected--which isn't going to be easy, with voter suppression going on.

I've been thinking that all along. The problem is that it isn't happening fast enough. Too much damage is being done.

There's a lot of opposition out there but Trump forces seem to control enough of the media so that it looks as if we're getting only the Faux news version of everything most of the time--with Kellyanne and Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the rest of the pack.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, I agree with everything you said, with one exception. I think we are getting our fair share of the news, but it is like preaching to the choir, because DT people will not even listen to it at all. They think they are right and will not listen to any other view. I had someone tell me a couple of days ago on FB "Don't Watch That Channel". Since CNN and MSNBC were both in the discussion it could have been either. DT hates both. She didn't even give a reason - just the statement. It was actually more like a command.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Google news says Sara sanders is planning to leave by end of year. Too late, she is now tainted with evil.

Baptist ministers slam DT for his separating kids from parents by immigration policy. Too late: they have already been tainted by evil in turning a blind eye to this evil man.

Watching this President, I believe he is a sociopath. Who else can defend separating kids from parents and not blink. Only a person who lacks human empathy and is focused only on self, self, self.

Keep phoning your representatives. I did yesterday. I praised their history of standing up to others when they put nation before party (most have done it at least once) and then said it is time again to put nation before party. Both my reps are Republicans.

There is evil in the world. It has come to America.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 175 of 180 FirstFirst ... 75100125145165170171172173174175176177178179180 LastLast