Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138163188208228233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2387

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member

Well, it still goes on. I have already sent an e-mail to my Senator Richard Burr who is head of the Senate Intelligence Comm. I asked him to come out and speak out against anything happening to the Muller investigation. I told him that in view of the fact that the new AG has long said he felt this investigation should not be taking place that I felt he should not be overseeing it. I told him that it might be an obstruction of justice. I reminded him that this investigation has produced many indictments and some guilty pleas and that the American people deserve to know the full story.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Congratulations to you Cat. You now have a new Democratic Governor. Walker has finally conceded in Wisconsin.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

"Yes, Walker was a real threat to Wisconsin. Evers is smart, capable, thoughtful. But I am disappointed that more Dems didn't win house races. And of course lost the Senate. It wasn't a blue wave, exactly, but good. But now he's fired Sessions and appointed one of his lackeys, so the anxiety level is back again. Thetak Mueller probe is at risk. He'll fire Mueller, his lackey will step up, and the only way he will be gone is if the house steps up...and even then, there really isn't much they can do except make noise.

Cat, have you written your Republican Senator? See above post. I did as soon as I heard Sessions had been removed.

If enough Republican Senators know that the American public wants to get to the bottom of this it might just force them to say something. Anyway, it is worth a try IMO.
    Last edited by Virginia; 11-07-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    Virginia

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

We all knew Trump was going to dump Sessions. Now we have a new fight on our hands.
    Even though Sessions did everything Trump wanted, his recusal was unforgivable in Trumpty-dump's eyes. I, personally, am glad Sessions is gone, he was horrible for many reasons. The only good thing he did was recuse himself! This statement sums it up.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) executive director Anthony D. Romero, on the other hand, issued a statement condemning Sessions as “the worst attorney general in modern American history.”“He was an egregious violator of civil rights and civil liberties. From his plot to deport Dreamers, remove police and law enforcement accountability, discriminate against trans people, perpetuate and expand senseless enforcement of racist drug laws, use of religion to discriminate against LGBTQ people and undermine reproductive rights, abandon protections for women against violence, and even lie to the Senate to cover up Trump campaign contact with Russian officials, his tenure as the highest chief law enforcement officer was a complete disgrace to our nation’s constitutional protections,” Romero wrote. “Sessions allowed the Department of Justice to function as the political arm of the Trump administration to undo fundamental rights that protect each of us, disregarding years of legal precedent and settled law.”
    Just read that CNN's Jim Acosta had his White House press pass suspended. The way the president spoke to the press today, including the foreign reporters, was absolutely disrespectful and plain out rude. So much of what he says is so ridiculous. He seems to think he's king of the world! If you missed it, there are just a few short clips in this article. The press conference went on for 90 minutes alternating between him going on and on about how well they did in a few states and him degrading the press and talking over people he didn't want to deal with, which was most everyone.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ore/ar-BBPsnoK

A Republican Congressman from Delaware sent out a tweet really calling DT out. I wish he was in the Senate, but he is in the house. At least he is a Republican. He said at the end of a long tweet that he was p---d off. I have seen him before and he is always so nice I was surprised. Then he was on MSNBC during 6P.M. hour. He had quite a lot to say about DT. He was angry that DT had said in his news conference that the Republicans who lost their race during mid-terms, did so because they did not embrace him. This Republican Congressman said that many of them lost because of DT and that he didn't like DT going on TV and calling them out. He said it was hard to run a race and that they didn't need to be put down. I could tell he was angry.

Also, Mitt Romney has sent out a tweet saying something about nothing should happen to Muller investigation. But in reality I am not sure how much anyone can do.
    Virginia

(207) John Titor's Civil War predictions on Coffee Talk - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srQTXqfsHJk
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

11. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

As we watch TV coverage of massive wildfires engulfing our beautiful state, this is the heartless, cruel, mean, and stupid response from the White House occupant:

TO DT:

First of all:

We had Santa Ana winds gusting up to 70 mph with 3% humidity.

We are in a 7 year record drought.

That has zero to do with forest management. That has everything to do with climate change, which you deny exists.

And what do you know about forest management? Or anything, for that matter?

Do you know that most of the land burning is chaparral and not trees? Do you know what chaparral is?

Secondly:

If you cared about people dying, you would listen to the anguished cries of grieving parents, whose precious children have been massacred by deranged men wielding automatic weapons, and you’d do something about gun control.

You would acknowledge the extreme hardship of this fire on the residents of Thousand Oaks, who just lost 11 people in a mass shooting two days before the fire started. They all had to evacuate. Some may lose their homes.

You would offer condolences to the town of Paradise, which was wiped out, and to the majority of Paradise residents, who are lower income, elderly and/or disabled. A downed utility line is suspected as the culprit for that fire, the result of our antiquated infrastructure. If you cared, you would implement programs to upgrade our nation’s infrastructure instead of building walls and migrant encampments.

Statewide 25 people perished from these fires thus far. More deaths are expected. The combined fires have burned nearly 200,000 acres. Nearly 8,000 structures have been destroyed, including the home of your former supporter, Caitlyn Jenner. Meanwhile the fires rage out of control and are expending our firefighting resources to the limit.

Authorities called FEMA for help and were promised help was on the way. We shouldn’t have to ask! You should just offer it to us.

We know you hate us, because we’re a progressive blue state, and we don’t “embrace” you. And we know you’re incompetent, so we don’t expect you to understand the dynamics of climate change. And, we know you don’t accept responsibility for anything, so we aren’t surprised that you are blaming us for this disaster.

Here’s what experienced firefighters are saying in response to your tweet:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0769d24ce0223

Once your handlers realized how horrible your tweet was, they crafted these two tweets for you:

We know you didn’t write them.

Meanwhile, you shame us on Veterans Day in France, by refusing to attend the memorial site for the thousands of Americans, who died fighting in WWI. Your excuse: it was raining.

You are vile.

I'm angry, in case that wasn't obvious. And I've edited several times to tone it down. Grrrrrrr ...

Love & Light,
    (because that is the only way to combat hatred and darkness)

Rose

P.S. My grandfather fought in WWI. He was gassed and died from cancer 25 years after the war. I have his helmet from that battle. My father fought in WWII in the Navy as a machinist mate exposed to asbestos. He died of mesothelioma. I have his medals. I take it very personally, when our "president" dishonors their service and sacrifice. Never Forget!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 11-11-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

13. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The WH occupant has very little use for any blue state, I've noticed. What a shame that once again he was blaming someone who didn't deserve to be blamed.

My grandfather was in WWI also, as was my mother's first husband. I used to watch the WWI veterans streaming by in parades in Chicago. There were many then. It was a very catastrophic war and should never be forgotten.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

And I've heard nothing about him or Ivanka or Jared or Melania making a trip to California to comfort the fire/shooting victims.

Is comfort a political tool now, too?
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 11-11-2018 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Correct stupid typo
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138163188208228233234235236237238239 LastLast