Page 186 of 217 FirstFirst ... 86111136156176181182183184185186187188189190191196216 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2167

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Why is Ryan so popular in Wisconsin, he who wants to “reform” Medicare and Social security?

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is Ryan so popular in Wisconsin, he who wants to “reform” Medicare and Social security?
    Ryan is popular because he mirrors and supports the governor of Wisconsin, who also opposes medicare, and the ACA. Both support Trump. Ryan's district includes his home town, where he was born and grew up, so there is a bit of "homeboy" going on there. He comes across as a decent and caring person in public....until you "bother" to read his actual views, which mirror the republican views -- people on welfare are slackers, immigrants are bad, people of color are suspect, women's place should be barefoot and pregnant, in the home..... you know.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    ... He comes across as a decent and caring person in public....until you "bother" to read his actual views, ...
    Not "bothering" to read someone's actual views seems to be HUGE problem with the population generally. Many people don't really listen or read what someone in the public eye is actually saying or how often they've been saying it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    Not "bothering" to read someone's actual views seems to be HUGE problem with the population generally. Many people don't really listen or read what someone in the public eye is actually saying or how often they've been saying it.
    Or there are politicians...starting with the one in the oval office-- who believe that if they say it often enough, loudly enough, with a few crude words thrown in for good measure, people will believe it, even when it's absolutely not true.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    Thank you, Mike. Most folks here have tried hard to be civil in this increasingly uncivil world..... We appreciate your and other moderators work.
    I blocked responses from one poster long ago and have enjoyed/needed this wonderful thread. Because I blocked the one poster I do not get involved in Trumpian like antagonisms and have been able to engage comfortably with the opinions on the thread. Ignoring posts meant to agitate or provoke emotions rather than meant to stimulate thought is the best response to deflate such posts.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I did the same, because who needs to feel agitated ?

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I did not actually block the poster, but skipped over the posts. I thought s/he might be going through a rough patch and would interact better in the future. The username sounded familiar and I believed the poster had been supportive to the community years ago. Perhaps I was mistaken. :(

Whatever the truth, I wish everyone well on this forum.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

More indictments today (although the 12 Russians will probably never get ...here to be charged), and some clarity about just how the campaign was compromised. No one can say anymore that there wasn't collusion -- it's right there, black and white, documented.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Donald isn't appreciated in the UK. He seems to have a particular problem with women who are national leaders-- Queen Elizabeth, Teresa May, Germany's Angela Merkel--but then we've known all along that he has contempt for women.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/13/uk/tr...ntl/index.html
    Last edited by agate; 07-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Only 11% of the British approve of Trump. Brits might not come together on much..but they seem pretty much in agreement on this! I see that he's now in Scotland at one of his golf resorts -- and 10,000 Scots are outside the ground, protesting....

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 186 of 217 FirstFirst ... 86111136156176181182183184185186187188189190191196216 ... LastLast