Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 5075100120140145146147148149150
Results 1,491 to 1,497 of 1497

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all ,

to me, the most powerful statement from the young lady giving the speech refers to the fact that trump received millions of dollars from the nra. she divides that money by the number of lives killed in school shootings and asks, "is that how much money our lives are worth? and if you don't do something, our lives will soon be worthless to you". yes, this gives me hope from the future. and even though the fbi process somehow missed this shooter, they've been helpless to prevent all the previous school shootings because ar-15's can be bought without background checks. how can the fbi keep up with the thousands of people who buy these kill machines?

in other news. special prosecutor mueller has indicted 13 russian nationals for their roles in setting up troll farms and stealing social security numbers to set up fake bank accounts and meddle in the election of 2016. a man in california has pled guilty to setting up false bank accounts, although he didn't know what purpose they were being used for. this pretty much guarantees that this investigation will go on and that trump can say all he wants that russia didn't meddle, but now we have the proof. deputy doj director rosenstein delivered the news and pretty much made himself the face of the russian indictment, which might make the trump think four times before firing him. yet trump is still refusing to act on the sanctions voted for by congress against russia. and voted for overwhelmingly. there is no 400 pound guy sitting on his bed and doing all this. i don't understand why the president is doing nothing to protect us from russian influence in the upcoming november elections.

anyways, here is the 38 page report from the department of justice on just how this russian operation worked on a street in st. petersburg. the first page is just a summary, you can download the whole 38 pages from a link at the bottom. fascinating reading, like a spy novel, but true:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/grand...heme-interfere

thank you for reading,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; Today at 12:40 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Good job. He doesn’t believe it because he is so self absorbed, the only way he views it is as a smear on the legitimacy of his election. He cannot see th big picture of it as an attack on our nation.

How different it would be if he said , “Folks, my campaign did not collude with Russia. However the evidence is overwhelming that Russia has attacked the USA. We will get to the bottom of it, issue sanctions, and prevent it from happening again.”

How different. He isn’t capable of it. His ego is so fragile, can only see the investigation as an attack on him personally.

Or perhaps he did collude, and thus is creating this sound and fury to deflect.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

That is part of his job (supposedly) to protect us against foreign intrusion in our country and most especially in our democracy. The legislation body of our government overwhelming voted to sanction Russia, over 500 Congressmen, and still DT will not act on it. What is wrong with this man?
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

We do not have enough band-width (?) to answer that here.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

((((((Hugs to All))))))

What is wrong with this man?
    EVERYTHING!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Gates to plead guilty and testify against Manafort!

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...218-story.html

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I read on a tweet from a reporter that I kind of follow that sources are telling him that if Gates testifies it will be against Manafort only and not DT. Maybe the Special Council is working up the food chain. I do hope Gates will testify, even if it is only against Manafort. According to what I am reading the cost to him to fight this are going to be extreme. He will still get about 18 months prison term I think.
    Virginia

Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 5075100120140145146147148149150