Page 229 of 243 FirstFirst ... 129154179199219224225226227228229230231232233234239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2424

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Fantastic video! She covered it all! If she doesn't have a recording contract, she should!

Our absentee ballots are supposed to be mailed 29 days prior to the election. Mine has yet to arrive, and if it isn't here tomorrow, I'll be calling the Registrar and the party headquarters for our county. I have zero trust in our government now; not that it was ever really high, but now ... zero.

I'm really having to work on my patience, my attitude, my tension thanks to all that has occurred since 11/9/16 and recent days. It's just been relentless horribleness, as evidenced within these 229 pages of this thread. My head is exploding, and I want to scream: Make It Stop!

I don't want to read or watch the news anymore, but not doing so is tantamount to apathy, to me at least. How can I fight, if I don't know what I'm fighting against and for?

I'm tired of fighting! And we shouldn't have to be fighting. Does DT literally have to shoot someone in Time's Square for something to be done to remove him?

I better get my ballot!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I expect to be hit pretty hard on FB! There was a post that just angered me and I responded. A couple of people were talking about "The View" and how they wish it would be cancelled. They said the people on there were a "bunch of losers". One reason I got so angry is because these same people are always posting very religious post. Anyway, I went on and told them that there were now two conservatives on the The View, Meghan McCain and Abby Huntsville, whose father is Ambassador to Russia under this Administration. I told them that they just fit right in and that off air they were all very much friends. They just differed in their political views.

One asked me "if I had hit my head". I then assured her that I had not hit my head, but did not understand why they would want to speak ill of people that they didn't even know, and even wish them bad things. I asked them to just turn the station and since they say they never watch it, how do they know these people are so bad.

I may get unfriended, but it would not disturb me. To me, to say you never watch something and then go on to say the people are stupid and losers and they should be cancelled just doesn't make sense.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are these close friends or relatives? It's hard to say anything on Facebook, I think, unless you have a skin like leather and don't mind if someone comes out of the wild blue yonder and blisters you.

It's one thing if you've limited your FB "friends" to people you know pretty well. They probably won't be offended by anything you say, or if they are, they'll have the decency to keep their opinions muted.

But I think most of us have added FB "friends" we've never met, and those are the unknowns in the mix, the people whose hot button issues aren't known to us. You just never know what's going to set some people off.

Or we post on someone else's page, and one of THEIR "friends" comes along and rips into us.

It's that kind of possibility that keeps me from saying anything much on FB.

You might want to unfriend some people, Virginia. I came very close to unfriending one person because her politics was so different from mine but she's the sister of a closer friend, and I still have her as a FB "friend." I did change my settings so I don't see her posts in my feed though, and that's nice. When I feel up to reading her conservative views, I can go to her page and look.

Usually I don't feel up to them.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

This is one of my older Nephew's wife's Sister. So not someone I really know, but FB friends because of my niece-in-law. Usually I just ignore her like you were saying, but I just glance to see if my nephew's wife has responded to anything that I might want to respond to. She is far, far right, but that is up to her and only when she and a couple of her friends are attacking people who do not think like them do I get upset.

It is one thing for us to express our views on this one thread to the people that we pretty much know who we are posting to, it is another to attack people on FB and to do it to people that they don't know. This is just my opinion. Maybe nothing will come of it. I was not really ugly, just let them know that I didn't understand where they were coming from since they professed to never watch anyway and even if they did the station could easily be changed.

I'll see what happens now. Maybe my medicine is affecting my personality. I hope not.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, one way of dealing with people whose posts you don't enjoy seeing might be to sort your Facebook friends. If you look into your Settings on FB, there are ways of classifying your friends. Some people can be on a Restricted list, and others can be your Close Friends, etc. I haven't tinkered much with this and don't know how well it works but it is there as a way of sorting who sees what.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Things can get ugly on Facebook. I've restricted my "friends" list to just those people who I actually know, either face to face and in my case, members of my church. Since my church is exclusively on line, I've gotten to "know" a lot of people over the years, at least I know their on-line presence. And I'm quick to block people who get obnoxious, whatever the reason. Sometimes after I've cooled off I'll go back and unblock them. There are a few that I've permanently blocked, though. Perhaps after this administration is gone and we get back to some normal Republican viewpoints expressed I can unblock them. But for now, if they're diehard Trump supporters, they're not on my feed.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Called voter registration office today. You have to ask each time to get an absentee ballot. I thought they put me on a permanent list in 2016, but I guess they don't have a permanent list. Anyway, about a week or two ago I filled out a request because I had not received a ballot - just in case. So lady checked and said my ballot was mailed to me yesterday. I didn't get it today, maybe I will tomorrow.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I just KNOW all of you are SO surprised that McConnel is calling for cuts in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security in order to off set the deficit caused by the tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. The deficit has gone up significantly in 2018 due to lack of revenue from large corporations.

Here it is right before mid-terms and he is calling for these cuts and so many people just do not get it. I don't understand!
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Interesting article about it in Esquire:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...cial-security/

Of course the geezers in charge of things don't have to worry about their retirement benefits or medical care expenses....

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Called voter registration office today. You have to ask each time to get an absentee ballot. I thought they put me on a permanent list in 2016, but I guess they don't have a permanent list. Anyway, about a week or two ago I filled out a request because I had not received a ballot - just in case. So lady checked and said my ballot was mailed to me yesterday. I didn't get it today, maybe I will tomorrow.
    I voted yesterday when I went to request an absentee ballot for my husband. The clerk asked me if I wanted to vote while I was there and I said yes! And they are mailing the ballot to my husband. All in all it was just great.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 229 of 243 FirstFirst ... 129154179199219224225226227228229230231232233234239 ... LastLast