Page 215 of 264 FirstFirst ... 115140165185205210211212213214215216217218219220225245 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2633

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

"From the standpoint of water".. OMg, I hadn't read that one.. Gasp!

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

The " ...from the standpoint of water" quite is my "gobsmacked for the day" statement. November can't come quick enough...

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

There are post here in NC (don't know if y'all are getting them or not) of DT pulling a kitten out of the flood water and one of him in an inflated rubber boat reaching out to help Mexicans. I am sure his supporters think they are real. Of course they are photo shopped. They would be funny if people didn't believe them.
    Virginia

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haven't seen those but these photos give some notion of the pet rescue effort in NC:

http://www.jacksonville.com/photogal...9/PH/1?start=2
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, some of the elderly people who lived alone with only their pet were rescued. I would see pictures of them trying to carry their pet and leaving all else behind.
    Virginia

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

So sad--I hope they're finding some place to go with their pets.

A wet cat is sad under any circumstances, and in the midst of a flood where everyone is struggling it's even sadder.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

“We all do better when we work together. Our differences do matter, but our common humanity matters more.”
    ― Bill Clinton

“Tear down this wall!” — Ronald Reagan

“Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” --- John F. Kennedy

"This historic act (the ADA) is the world's first comprehensive declaration of equality for people with disabilities -- the first. Its passage has made the United States the international leader on this human rights issue.” — George H.W. Bush

"My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too.” — Barack Obama

“Water is Wet.” — Donald J. Trump

Meanwhile, I’m surprised that we are not discussing Kavanaugh. Any thoughts?

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Rose, all I can say is I e-mailed my Senator asking him not to vote for Kavanaugh. I told him that no woman at that stage of her life would come forward with such an accusation unless it were true. I also told him that the only reason Kavanaugh was nominated was because he doesn't believe in a sitting President being indicted or any proceedings should be brought against one.
    Virginia

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

He actually said this to a NC resident: "At least you got a good boat out of the deal"--referring to a yacht that had washed up onto that person's property:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...at/1366025002/

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rose, all I can say is I e-mailed my Senator asking him not to vote for Kavanaugh. I told him that no woman at that stage of her life would come forward with such an accusation unless it were true. I also told him that the only reason Kavanaugh was nominated was because he doesn't believe in a sitting President being indicted or any proceedings should be brought against one.
    Rose,
    I am sure we all have lots of thoughts. I like a post from..the other 98%...that points out that catholic boys who expose abuse they experienced 30 years after that abuse are treated with sympathy and calls to punish the abuser but women who report abuse 30 years after it happened when they too were so young......well, you can see the point. Women are not believed, no matter what. Actually, the whole #me too movement is uncovering whaat is under the covers throughout our society. Ugly, isn’t it.........

I watched the hearings. Incredible questioning by many democratic senators. I found I needed to listen to the questions and try to figure out what the goal of the question was. Like a good detective story the senator knew something and needed to use the questions to imply that information.

For example, I think it was the Hawaiian senator who made the point that Kavanaugh was not on the short lists given out as Trump was supposedly considering candidates. Then Kavanaugh’s name popped out as he was nominated....reminded me of Rosie Ruiz? who showed up at the finish line of the NYMarathon when no one remembered seeing her in the race. She was exposed and I pray Kavanaugh will be too.

Seems like a story where many people remember talk of the attack and are keeping silent. There is one woman who remembers talk about what happened and says it was talked about a lot at the time of the assault. Someone, a true patriot, will step forward. I believe it. That is why the republicans are in such a hurry. Don’t you think?
    Last edited by Lazarus; 09-23-2018 at 03:21 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 215 of 264 FirstFirst ... 115140165185205210211212213214215216217218219220225245 ... LastLast